Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think we'll see the Mane Six use Rainbow power again?

Azureth

We won't be seeing it again I don't think. Sadly, it was just one of those things made for a toyline and nothing else. It was used what, once? So I think with that, we saw both the beginning and the end of Rainbow Power.

Doubt it, it was to promote that year's toyline, but I'm sure the Mane6 can access it anytime they want, ALA SUPER SAIYAN... if that's what you're wondering  :orly:

Or do you think it was a one-off thing? 

Nah. for multiple reasons.

In universe logic, it seems to be a one time thing as they've never shown the ability to use it again, and, since there's no physical macguffins still around to tie the power to the mane six (besides the table), its highly likely its gone.

OUT OF UNIVERSE logic, WHY bring it back? Its a toy from 2 seasons  ago: If you need to do the Elements of harmony thing again, its WAY better to come up with new macguffins and transformations or powers/whatnot in order to be able to create a new toyline, yeah? When you could have the mane six turn into rainbow power OR come up with a new Type of thing to build a toyline around, the answer is clear (especially when alot of fans, I.E. bronies, seemed to be underwhelmed by Rainbow power)

Wasn't it only there as part of a seasonal arc to fit in with that year's toyline theme?

It's pretty cheesy, so I don't miss it.

I like the PREMISE of it honestly (super modes are always a plus for me), just the design is pretty poor :(

• Brohoof 1

I thought this was about the powers they got in that comic book episode, definitely one of the weirder ones looking back...

I doubt we'll see the powers again, but I really have no opinion on them either way. 

Wasn't it only there as part of a seasonal arc to fit in with that year's toyline theme?

Kind of funny, we don't seem to have anything to tie into this year's toyline of explore equestria so far. Last season, there was nothing really about "cutie mark magic" apart from the first episode having a tangental relationship.

it seems like the toylines are becoming more disconnected from the show's plots

• Brohoof 1

Well we did see in Luna's dream they could call the power at will. Although that might just be dream logic it is possible that's how Rainbow power works now. That it bound to them the moment they proved they were worthy of it. We also haven't seen a big battle with all of the Mane 6 against a villian since they got their powers and it could be they can only activate the powers when they are together. Needing them all together could explain why Twilight didn't use it against Starlight.

If fan theories are right about what the end of this season's conflict will be we'll get our answer if the Mane 6 can activate their powers at will or if it was just a one time thing. Hopefully if they do come back they make them look better as that is an interesting idea... they just look really stupid