Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Are Luna And Celestia Still Single?

Midnight Seashell

I was just wondering how for all of those years the two princesses have never once been lucky granted their immortal and therefore wouldn't want to have to deal with the loss of a loved one but if Cadence has a husband and if Twilight is probably dating Flash then why don't these two try their hooves at dating?

Maybe they are so old that they have given up on romantic relationships. Maybe they are afraid to fall in love because all the ones they loved have died. That really adds a depressing element to their characters. 

• Brohoof 5

Maybe they just don't have the time for romantic relationships?  :P

(edited)

Maybe they love each other...

Nope, not gonna hide my true feeling, They love each other!  :rarity:

Edited by Osiria
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Maybe they are  :orly: ... you know.

K, this is going into the wrong direction... ^^'

Edited by SOM3D4Y
  • Brohoof 1

Because first off, yeah, unless they find another alicorn to fall in love with it will be too hard on them to see their loved one pass away.

Discord tho, is probably Celestia's love interest as it is already.

Second of all... They probably don't need no man or whatever.

• Brohoof 1

That would require the writers to actually do something with Celestia for once.

After how her role was soo small in season 5, that after it ended there was a point in time where I literally forgot she was in it at all, I can't say that I feel like the show is treating her very well.

Hopefully she finally gets an episode focusing on giving her some long overdue character development this season.

My headcanon is that Celestia has had more than one husband over the centuries, but she's outlived each of them.

I figure that's a little melancholy, but that it's also a fact that both she and her husbands accepted each time.

As for Luna...she was on the moon for 1000 years, so no chance for romance there.  They say the full moon's meant for lovers, but when you're been banished to the moon...

I think they're single because the parents would go crazy if there was a "husband" ruler. MLP is feminist as we all know, and that is empowered through having a girl be the leader and ruler of Equestria. Besides, the fandom would just be jealous of that "husband" ruler. I mean, who wouldn't want to marry Celestia and/or Luna?  ;)

Supposedly, there's simply no equivalent suitor for them. They're both capable, independent and the fact that their responsibilities outweighs romance. We've may never see if the royal sisters are even interested in finding their one true stallion and that's fine.

Well, I would assume they are still single, as the show would suggest. While the comics suggest they had romantic interests, none have really bloomed into a full-time relationship. I suppose all we're left with is headcanon

Celestia was too busy and hurt having to run the country alone and move the moon and sun.  Right now she is simply too overwhelmed by having her sister back, and everything that is going on.

Luna just got back from the moon, and was still giving herself Tantibus nightmares.  She couldn't even forgive herself, and was at least up until the Tantibus was destroyed, not even close to being ready for a relationship.

Plus they are on alicorn time.  Give them a few decades and they might be back on the dating scene for some lucky pony who piques their fancy.

-If they're immortal, there's no need to marry to produce an heir. Alternately, they age much much slower so there is no rush to produce an heir.

-Because their lifespan is so long, it's possible that a power hungry heir, who knows that they themselves will never be the absolute leader of Equestria, would attempt to have the two sisters assassinated.

-Not sure how alicorns work, but if the two sisters can no longer reproduce, producing an heir is impossible anyway.

-Other than possibly Sombra, we have yet to see a male pony who has a lifespan comparable to that of the two sisters (only male alicorn we have seen is Big Mac which was only in a dream); if they were actively searching for partners, the two sisters would go through many many partners because they would vastly outlive them.

-Or perhaps they're simply not interested for whatever reason.

I think they're single because the parents would go crazy if there was a "husband" ruler. MLP is feminist as we all know, and that is empowered through having a girl be the leader and ruler of Equestria. Besides, the fandom would just be jealous of that "husband" ruler. I mean, who wouldn't want to marry Celestia and/or Luna?  ;)

"MLP is feminist as we all know"? I doubt it having a feminist agenda. Considering that monarchies tend to involve marriage in order to produce heirs or perhaps achieve some political purpose, I doubt this would have any controversy with parents (it would really be more problematic to Bronies as you mentioned). This is assuming that marriage somehow degrades the status of a female which I wouldn't consider to be the case at all. But if anything, Luna and Celestia's reign is more atypical..

I'm just going to point out two things here

• Celestia and Luna are immortal Alicorns, meaning they live longer lives but can still die
  • Cadence and Twilight Are NOT immortal Alicorns, meaning they still have a normal pony life span.

Plus, if Celestia and Luna started dating they would get distracted from royal duties, and this would cause problems, and since they have longer life spans, that means they will eventually watch the pony they love grow old and die while they STILL don't look a day over 20. They have suffered through this already, so why date if its just going to happen again. Plus, a entire country is controlled by Luna and Celestia, so they are always busy, and don't have time to date and/or fall in love ad have romantic relationships.