Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Movies that you hate, but everyone else loves

Leere

Frozen.

I wouldn't say I hate it exactly, but all the hype it got kind of made the movie seem boring to me. 

I wasn't planning to see the second one, but I got dragged into it somehow..

Second one was good, but I don't really feel the need to see it again.

And Elsa herself is overhyped as well. Maybe that's why she's my least favorite Disney princess.

On 6/6/2019 at 6:34 PM, Kyoshi said:

Forrest Gump. Friggin. Forrest. Gump. 

My Mom hates that movie too.

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Hate is a strong word. But definitely didn’t like Lion King (original), Cars, Signs (one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen imo), Drag me to Hell, Evil Dead (original), Avengers, Avengers: Endgame. 

All I could think of right now.

Edited by Misscellanio

The Titanic. A ridiculous way to romanticized one of the horrible and tragic event in the history just for the audiences/couples sneer pleasures. I hate movies romanticize historical tragic events, it's just plain wrong and it put a bad taste in my month.

SW Spinoff: Rouge One and Solo. I don't hate it, there's just something about it I can't seem to like about. I could reviews and say what I like or dislike with the SW episodic movies but the spin-off? I don't feel captivity at all with the spin-off. I think Rouge One is better than Solo since they have better actors/actress with their acting skills compared to these actors/actress in Solo. (except for Donald and Tobias). It's okay but I just feel it didn't meet with the hype it's getting, if not, a bit worse compared to the new trilogy. There I said.

I don't know what it is, but I just don't like it much as I wish I should. It's not the plot but I think it's the  characters and how the story is executed. There are some good moments but not enough to like the movie overall. When I heard the news about Cassian  getting his own series, I can't help it but to roll my eyes. It's obviously Disney is milking "Rouge One"  cow dry. I mean, was it really necessity? Something tells me it's going to be like another Mandalorian except without bounty hunter and baby yoda. 

• 3 weeks later...

John Wick series. The action 'scenes' are well executed, but as a movie, a terrible movie. The world has become of people being hyped about movies like this because good action movies don't exist anymore.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

Oh, and Mulholland Drive. It fails at every aspect of what makes a good movie for me, and I honestly think that 98% of people who pretend they like it doesn't like it or get it. It's not entertaining, it's not artistic, it's not meaningful, it's not well executed, it's not interesting. If movies are all about interpretation and experiences, I interpret this movie as a bad movie, so is my expereince with this movie. This movie is made as if pretending to be a good movie makes it a good movie.

At least that's what I think.

I don't hate it, but I don't really care for Jurassic Park. The effects were amazing for their time, but I personally didn't find anything else interesting. For animated films, I'm not a huge fan of Wall-E and Toy Story 3

I've already posted on here multiple times, but I'll just list some off.

• Frozen. Don't necessarily hate it as much as I find it overrated. Bad writing and obnoxious characters are a bad combination.
  • Pulp Fiction. Also don't necessarily hate it. Though I don't necessarily like the people that get offended when I say it's too convoluted. It's Tarantino's worst film IMHO. I'll watch Inglorious Basterds instead. Way better movie. B)
  • Star Wars, in general. Bad storytelling alone makes these movies absurdly overrated. Revenge of the Sith did it even kind of right. Only one that did.
  • 90% of Marvel films. They're mostly all the same, almost obnoxiously formulaic movie with different paint.
  • Under the Skin. My goodness is this movie an atrocity. How do people see art here? All I see is overly lewd nonsense trying to be an artistic film and failing miserably. But everytime I say anything negative about it, the people who like it say "go watch Michael Bay Transformers films then." But the thing is, those films suck too. Those films are just straight up bad, but Under the Skin? Is more than that. It's also arrogant.
  • Midsommar. I'm going to be honest, Terminator is way closer to a horror film than this is. It was frankly way too long and had no real scares. How this is compared to an actually good horror film in Hereditary. What happened Ari Aster?
  • Star Trek Generations. I swear people only like this film because it has Kirk and Picard both in it. Which is funny enough because the how of that is part of what makes it one of the worst films in the series. Trekkie Fanservice the Movie.
  • John Wick. It's what happens when you try to make a Matrix remake, but turn it into a James Bond film and forget the plot.
Edited by Dustlicious

Star wars films

Watched first movies when I was a kid and kinda liked them as an ordinary one-time-watch movies. But I really don't get why this is SO popular

Marvel films

Don't like the way superheroes presented in these movies, just not my thing. And it was really annoying when the two films with Thanos were hyping all over the internet and every freaking toaster was talking about it

8 hours ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

Oh, and Mulholland Drive. It fails at every aspect of what makes a good movie for me, and I honestly think that 98% of people who pretend they like it doesn't like it or get it

My dad really likes it for some reason, he sometimes rewatches it. Never watched it myself tho

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

I haven't met anyone who likes them so far.

That made my day!

The comparison between James Cameron's masterpieces and everyone else trying, is just too great to compare. It is sad how the Terminator brand got revived just to be failed like that.

56 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

That made my day!

The comparison between James Cameron's masterpieces and everyone else trying, is just too great to compare. It is sad how the Terminator brand got revived just to be failed like that.

I fail to percieve James Cameron as a promising director since the advertisements of him approving of those crap.

Terminator 1,2, Aliens are my favorite movies of all time, but sadly that's that.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

I fail to percieve James Cameron as a promising director since the advertisements of him approving of those crap.

Terminator 1,2, Aliens are my favorite movies of all time, but sadly that's that.

I cannot agree more!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 11:44 AM, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

Despicable Me was okay

It was okay. But after they started making those terrible Minions movies I've decided that the original is terrible just for bringing those..... horrible yellow tic-tac things into existence :scoots: 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Mine would be Star Wars: A New Hope. Between the bad writing, padding/irrelevant scenes (Jawas have nothing to do with the plot whatsoever and just bloat the run time), the fact that George Lucas couldn't (and still can't, judging by the prequels) write worth his life, unlikable characters (seriously, Han and Luke were extremely unlikable characters, before Luke's much-needed character development), it's no wonder why I never liked the film to begin with. The second half is a lot better than the maligned, convoluted mess that is the first half. Even when I was younger, I never cared for the movie. Thank goodness for the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, because it shows that Lucas is better off as a consultant and not a writer/director.

I'll give credit where it's due: the movie is far better than the Famicom video game that was very loosely based on this game. That is a whole other can of worms...

(edited)

To be honest, I feel "hate" is kind of a strong word for these sorts of things, but I will say that I just never really got into the Star Wars movies, Lord of The Rings/The Hobbit movies, Harry Potter movies and those sorts of movies in general. Also never really got into most "Superhero" movies with some exceptions (mainly the Avengers series and some of Marvel's other stuff).

Edited by SuperNESBrony