Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rita Hsiao (Toy Story 2 and Mulan Writer) Possibly Co-Writing MLP Screenplay

Animation100

So on several Articles announcing Liev Schreiber & Taye Diggs, I found something in them that Rita Hsiao (Writer of Toy Story 2 and Mulan) is now Co-Writing the MLP Movie Screenplay along with Meghan McCarthy. Hope it's True.

post-31292-0-14877000-1465873344_thumb.png

post-31292-0-68292400-1465873360_thumb.png

post-31292-0-08177600-1465873367_thumb.png

post-31292-0-99642600-1465873414_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Damn this is actually a really big score for the staff if this is true

Edited by Sideswipe
  • Brohoof 5

That's quite exciting. I love Toy Story 2, and having another writer with such a great resume can at least keep Meghan in check and help her transition to a big screen movie. I'm getting more and more excited about the Pony movie by the day.

• Brohoof 5

These are definitely pleasing news! Toy Story 2 is, after 3, my favorite entry of the trilogy and Mulan was always one great movie for me! Albeit, this certainly means there will be quite a lot of emotional moments, i can imagine the youngest members of the audience shedding tears at the cinema... And us too...

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Toy Story 2 is better than Toy Story 3, really underrated Oh yeah. I'm expecting a PG rating for the MLP movie now.

Casting Liev Schreiber and Uzo Aduba didn't give it away?

Anyways, yeah, this film is going to be pretty deep. Just watch "When She Loved Me" for reference.

Casting Liev Schreiber and Uzo Aduba didn't give it away?

Anyways, yeah, this film is going to be pretty deep. Just watch "When She Loved Me" for reference.

If the movie is like the 86 Transformers movie, Hasbro and DHX are taking a huge risk with kids.

This is extremely promising. Hsiao brings a skill with the feature-length format that McCarthy has struggled to express in the EG films. If they can coordinate the tasks based on their strengths properly, we're going to have a real heavy-hitter on our hands.

• Brohoof 1

If the movie is like the 86 Transformers movie, Hasbro and DHX are taking a huge risk with kids.

Not really. Kids will enjoy it regardless. The advantage here is that adults will too. A well-written film will make most adults forget their grudge against grown men enjoying MLP.

Not really. Kids will enjoy it regardless. The advantage here is that adults will too. A well-written film will make most adults forget their grudge against grown men enjoying MLP.

I know it will sound stupid... But I always thought years ago, Chrysalis would have been a good candidate to kill off Celestia, if the two ever had a rematch. I watch the show for the positive messages. But I am fine with it being real at moments. I am just saying in our soft and politically correct culture, it will most likely not happen.

• Brohoof 1

I know it will sound stupid... But I always thought years ago, Chrysalis would have been a good candidate to kill off Celestia, if the two ever had a rematch. I watch the show for the positive messages. But I am fine with it being real at moments. I am just saying in our soft and politically correct culture, it will most likely not happen.

The only people I have ever seen complain about death or adult themes in animated movies are those hacks over at Common Sense Media.

The only people I have ever seen complain about death or adult themes in animated movies are those hacks over at Common Sense Media.

If I wrote the movie... I would have 2 villains... I would pick Chrysalis, not just for her alone, but the changelings themselves being a massive threat.. Have the bigger villain pull the strings on Chrysalis and have Chrysalis try to fight back. Then the Mane 8(Sunse+Starlight) being the focus of the movie after Celestia passes.

Now that is what I call a catch for the staff. Granted I won't be raising my expectations anytime soon, but it's still a great addition regardless!

• Brohoof 1

Now with Pop star Sia revealed, Rita has been here and there in different articles of the announcement. JUST LIKE THE OTHERS ABOVE, Rita is there in some articles and isn't in others.

Well since it has yet to be debunked in the recent articles, I feel more confident that Rita is involved with the movie.

• 2 months later...