Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think the final season might be like?

FlareGun45

I know there's a season seven coming. If it wasn't, they would've told us ahead of time, and Meghan said there's "six seasons as we know of". So if we're going to have a final season, it's probably either next season, or they'll more perhaps. I dunno, but there is going to be a final season, it should tie-up loose ends on the show.

So what do you think the final season of MLP is going to be like? You could skip the rest of this post and comment if you like! The rest of this post is just gonna be my perspective of it! You know the drill if you know my posts! ;)

_________________________________________________________________________________

So each of the characters in the show should have some proper finale episodes before the very end of the show. There may, or there may not be just plain slice of life episodes, I wouldn't recommend it unless something's big happening at the same time.

Let's start off with Rarity: I think one of her final episodes are going to involve her expanded boutiques; either can't keep track of them, or there is competition that's making her lose business. Probably some business involving Suri Polomare or something. Hopefully we could see Coco Pommel and Sassy Saddles again in an episode like this helping her out. Rarity has yet to have an episode about business rivals! I dunno what else to do with her though, except for one thing, but I'll get back to that later.

Applejack's final episodes might involve some stuff from like, struggling to accept the fact that Apple Bloom is growing up and is possibly distancing from her family a little more than usual. Another thing could be sabotage by the Flim-Flam Bros; making the Apple family apples all poisonous or rotten. Perhaps we could also learn about AJ's parents too! See, that's three episodes for her already in the final season!

For Pinkie Pie, perhaps her big finale episode would be about Mr. and Mrs. Cake wanting to move their business to a bigger city for more business opportunities, but that means they can't live in Ponyville anymore, so they give Sugarcube Corner to Pinkie Pie to run on her own. It would be nice to see how that turns out, and how much she would miss the Cakes' and their babies! Perhaps another episode would be a bit like A Friend in Deed, where no matter hard Pinkie tries, she cannot make a friend with one particular pony, and doesn't, so she has to learn to just accept it in the end. They kinda ruined that opportunity in A Friend in Deed, but they replaced it with a dumb moral about friends wanting to be left alone. Another episode featuring Pinkie's family would be nice too, or another episode with Cheese Sandwich!

For Rainbow Dash, obviously, they wrap up her Wonderbolts arc. Giving Rainbow and even her team the biggest Wonderbolt challenge of their lives - an actual battle of some sort, or a mission involve infiltration or something; and then in the end, Spitfire would do something very heroic to get her to be promoted into being a Wonderbolt General, and then she gives her former captain status to Rainbow Dash! Another cool arc wrap-up would be one more Daring Do episode about Daring Do getting a movie, and seeing how AK Yearling, Rainbow, Twilight, or even Quibble Pants reacts to it! Yunno how some new Hollywood movies these days ruin classic contents. Other Rainbow stories could involve something to do with Gilda, or something to do with Scootaloo!

For Fluttershy, I thought a great final episode to wrap up the Discord arc would be Discord making friends with Zephyr Breeze, and they get along even better than Discord and Fluttershy do themselves! Something else could be Fluttershy standing up to Angel, scaring him into becoming a good bunny, but it makes her feel uncomfortable that he's so nice and hospitable to the point where he's changed. Also perhaps she could have an episode about saving Rainbow Dash's life, and Rainbow fears for her ego. I got one other thing for her, but I'll tell you it in a sec!

Now for the Cutie Mark Crusaders, obviously their final episode could be something that involves their biggest cutie mark challenge ever! Like helping an adult blank-flank pony get their cutie mark! Also seeing Babs Seed in Manehattan with her CMCs would be very nice to see before the show ends! Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo having a couple of episodes of their own would be nice too; like maybe Scootaloo getting over her fear of not being able to fly, or finally being able to fly! Either Scootaloo finds out the reason she doesn't know how to fly (that might involve her parents never being around, causing her pegasus magic to drain), or maybe she meets another pegasus that can't fly either, so she knows she's not the only one! One or the other has to happen - either she learns how to fly, or she meets another pony that can't fly either so she's not alone.

For Spike, now of course we have to see Ember again! Perhaps Ember helps Spike out in reuniting with his family finally, and find out the reason why Celestia found his egg in the first place! Perhaps he would be forced to make a choice between his biological family, or his adopted family! That would be an awesome final Spike episode! Plus it could also be the episode where Fluttershy finally gets over her fear of dragons! It could be a Spike-Fluttershy episode; I've been wanting that since the series premiere! Perhaps something else would be finally to wrap up his crush on Rarity. Face it, either it happens or it doesn't. If it's not gonna happen, then perhaps the best course of action is for Spike to officially give up his crush on Rarity, but still be really good friends though!

As for Twilight... well... every season there is something new for her, so I got nothing! ;)

For some of the side-characters, it would be nice having to know Zecora's backstory finally, perhaps find out what Starlight is up to after this season if she doesn't join the mane cast (which I doubt is gonna happen anyway), maybe a Cheese Sandwich vs. Rara episode, one more BG pony episode like Slice of Life... anything is possible!

When season 6 ends, perhaps I can share a fanmade season 7 summary in a final-season sort of way, and maybe the events of the season 7 finale could lead up to the movie, and then end the series! Or the series might continue - it depends!

So, yeah, feel free to share what you want the final season to be like!

To be honest I think season 7 will be boring unless they introduce a few new characters. By now, pretty much every mane pony has reached their goals and achievements. Therefore, I would really like to see season 7 be like...similar to season 1, where it was more of the man six going on adventures and saving equestria instead just a slice of life. Besides, the writers will probably run out of ideas otherwise...

Personally, I really want Starlight to betray the Mane Six as well as the Discord/Star Swirl thing though..,

Why? It would completely go against her character development and story arc.

• Brohoof 1

Well lets see i would like to think that all of the mane 6s enemys would come together to attack them at one time and its up to starlight glimmer to save them in the end that would show growth in the character and her basically taking on her past as a villain but that could be how it starts. then since rainbow dash is already a wonderbolt then she can maybe become like a captain of it like maybe spitfire retires and so she chooses rainbow dash to take her place. rarity would open alot more boutiques around equestrian and possibly teach some other pony about fashion and things like that probably not sweetiebelle. Applejack may have not done much maybe she teaches applebloom gets married or anything like that im not sure so this is basically a cop out. Pinkie Pie she has partyed all her life and now its time to get serious shes now a bounty hunter with vengeance for her family that were brutally murdered by the clockwork gang. yeah that last one was a joke time for what i think would happen to pinkie pie well she probably still does partys and will forever she may go back home more often and start helping there more possibly meet cheese sandwich again. fluttershy she still would care for animals and all that but she would finally overcome her shyness at least some what shes been making progress since the show began so that gonna happen by the end i would like for her to do more than that but im not creative enough to know what would be best. Twilight now heres a cool one as a princess she would still be doing that and teaching starlight glimmer and possibly maybe by the end teach more ponys ill go more into that later but she would also save the world multiple times also but thats obvious. Starlight Glimmer we dont know alot about her besides shes a reformed villain and she has had trouble with friendship in the past she would be better at friendship and learn from it thats all i can say besides what i said earlier.. alright one thing that would be really awesome is if each of them (excluding starlight because she is one) had a sorta protege like twilight and starlight or rainbow dash and scootaloo even applejack and applebloom hell you could even say discord is fluttershys already and so they have proteges for each element of harmaony i think that would be a  really nice send off to see the mane 6 inside of their proteges 

Why? It would completely go against her character development and story arc.

it would be a really ballsy thing to do and it would sorta be a lesson on some will betray you and some people dont learn but i dont really like i that they put way to much development in all of them especially discord who already has betrayed before 

Tie up all the story arcs, and for the finale, the biggest and most badass villain ever. Think of Tirek, but far more powerful. All the magic in Equestria is absorbed by him/her and only a certain purple pony can actually put an end to it. And after a fight set to some metal (because it'll be so badass), Twilight will have ascended far beyond Celestia, and is crowned as the Queen of Equestria. All of the rest of her friends are made into alicorns as well (and made immortal as a result). It'll piss off a lot of people, but the show is over, so who cares.

• Brohoof 2

Those are all really interesting ideas for episodes. I could see some of these happening, but some of them I don't think will. Spike giving up his crush on Rarity? Come on, that's one of his main character traits, and he doesn't have that many to begin with! Unless they give Spike a female dragon to crush on, I don't see that any time soon. For Pinkie, I want an episode where we see another group of Pinkie's relatives that are more like her. I mean, that whole energetic personality of hers must have come from somewhere right? Also, Discord's reforming needs to see some more progress. Not so much that it destroys his character, but enough for Equestria to not have a reason to turn him into stone for bringing a slime monster to the gala or lying about having a flu. Going back to Spike again, I honestly think that rather than him, Rainbow Dash would be a better candidate for helping Fluttershy get over her fear of dragons. Oh, and for Twilight, give her a big part in the series finale where she discovers a true element of friendship to her magic, because honestly, the element of magic doesn't really say much about friendship. Yeah, it brings it all together, but I think they should add something to it, like Faith, Forgiveness or Trust, something more significant.

Those are all really interesting ideas for episodes. I could see some of these happening, but some of them I don't think will. Spike giving up his crush on Rarity? Come on, that's one of his main character traits, and he doesn't have that many to begin with! Unless they give Spike a female dragon to crush on, I don't see that any time soon. For Pinkie, I want an episode where we see another group of Pinkie's relatives that are more like her. I mean, that whole energetic personality of hers must have come from somewhere right? Also, Discord's reforming needs to see some more progress. Not so much that it destroys his character, but enough for Equestria to not have a reason to turn him into stone for bringing a slime monster to the gala or lying about having a flu. Going back to Spike again, I honestly think that rather than him, Rainbow Dash would be a better candidate for helping Fluttershy get over her fear of dragons. Oh, and for Twilight, give her a big part in the series finale where she discovers a true element of friendship to her magic, because honestly, the element of magic doesn't really say much about friendship. Yeah, it brings it all together, but I think they should add something to it, like Faith, Forgiveness or Trust, something more significant.

I get what you're saying for the other ones, but you'd really not want Spike to be the one to help Fluttershy get over her fear of dragons? I mean first off: Spike IS a dragon and had good experiences with them, not Rainbow; also Spike and Fluttershy really had a spark of friendship going in the series premiere! I'm surprised they didn't have any episodes together starring just the two of them! Did we forget that Fluttershy was the only one of the Mane Five that noticed him in the beginning? That had so much story potential there! Fluttershy fears dragons, but likes baby dragons, so if Spike isn't the one to help her get over fear, and somepony else does, it wouldn't make any sense; especially with Rainbow above all else.

• Brohoof 1

I get what you're saying for the other ones, but you'd really not want Spike to be the one to help Fluttershy get over her fear of dragons? I mean first off: Spike IS a dragon and had good experiences with them, not Rainbow; also Spike and Fluttershy really had a spark of friendship going in the series premiere! I'm surprised they didn't have any episodes together starring just the two of them! Did we forget that Fluttershy was the only one of the Mane Five that noticed him in the beginning? That had so much story potential there! Fluttershy fears dragons, but likes baby dragons, so if Spike isn't the one to help her get over fear, and somepony else does, it wouldn't make any sense; especially with Rainbow above all else.

I suppose when you put it that way, I wouldn't mind it with Spike. But past that season premiere, I just don't think Spike and Fluttershy really interact enough to have a deep connection. I'd be totally game for a Spike and Fluttershy episode though, perhaps one where Spike confesses about his mishandling of the pets in season 3 to Fluttershy, she decides to help him try to look after animals properly. And, Fluttershy mainly noticed Spike because he stuck out like a sore thumb to her. Having never seen a baby dragon before, of course she'd be excited. I think that scene was meant to introduce the audience to Fluttershy's interest in exotic creatures, though I can't deny that her conversation with Spike in that episode is too cute to ignore. Baby dragons also seem different to adult dragons, and I don't think he really even understands his own kind that much either. Remember the episode where Spike hangs out with those teenage dragons? In all honesty I think he was pretty scared himself. So, to put it simply, It'd be nice to see Spike and Fluttershy in an episode together, I just don't think that particular premise would work for it. I figured Rainbow Dash would work because maybe she still wants to make amends for all the complaining she did to Fluttershy in Dragonshy, and I feel they've really resonated with each other when they're both in an episode together. Rainbow figures helping Fluttershy get over her fear of dragons would be the best way to make it up to her.

Edited by OmegaBeamOfficial

• 2 weeks later...

Call me crazy, but i'd like to have three parter openers and finales where the Mane Six battle their most powerful villains. A brony can only dream... But yeah, i'd love the series to have a truly dangerous, demonic and almost Lovecraftian final boss that defeats easily the Mane Six and even the Royal Sisters and Cadance... Only to have its ass kicked by Starlight and her new team of friends (hopefully all of them background ponies) Celly and Luna ascend to a higher plane of existence, Twi gets a power upgrade that transforms her into a swan-necked winged, horned horse with ethereal mane along with her friends, and now all of them alongside Cadance become the new rulers of Equestria while Starlight has new adventures with her team, Spike becomes an ambassador between dragons and ponies and many other sentient races who helps the mutual relationships of each species improve and yeah, pretty much. Lots of bronies will be pleased, others will go nuts and scream bloody murder, but, yeah, it's the end, goodbye ponies.

I would like for the final season premier to actually be about the existence of a threat that could mean the end of Equestria.  And for once, have the Mane 6 lose the fight(7 if Starlight is a full-fledged member of the team) at the end.  Afterwards, the heroes now know what they have to truly prepare for if they hope to defeat what may be the biggest foe ever.

>what do I think the final season will be like

I think it will have a two parter about a new alicorn being born and starlight glimmer meeting a childhood friend.

I think it will have a great episode for spike, and a great mane six episode, but several VERY BAD episodes in the mix.

I think it will have the changelings return with a spike/changleing episode.

And I Think it will end with an episode Revolving around starlight saving the day and her getting a throne.

It's really all speculation and really overtopped arcs and minus well go out with a bang for the final season... if there's one.

-A great Equestrian war starts and assembled allies will have to defend all of Equestria.

-A antagonist that actually wins at his/her intentions showcasing the fall of the Magic of Friendship.

-Sunset Shimmer makes an appearance again, this time as a pony and shows her remorse for abandoning her evil intentions as Celestia's prodigy.

-Starlight turns weary of Friendship for another reason besides losing Sunburst. It makes her reformation redundant but shows another side of her. Surely we'll be all questioning this infuriatingly.

-Celestia retires and a new heir must be call forth. Undoubtedly passing the role to Twilight. Twilight accepts and becomes supreme Alicorn Princess...surely we saw this coming.

-Flurry Heart's role will finally be clear...besides being a ploy to sell merch.

• Brohoof 1

Well I kind of really want season 6 to be the final season.

Fortunately for you, Season 7 will probably the be the final season.

>what do I think the final season will be like

I think it will have a two parter about a new alicorn being born and starlight glimmer meeting a childhood friend.

I think it will have a great episode for spike, and a great mane six episode, but several VERY BAD episodes in the mix.

I think it will have the changelings return with a spike/changleing episode.

And I Think it will end with an episode Revolving around starlight saving the day and her getting a throne.

There's already a Season 7 in the works. Not to mention the mysterious Guardians of Harmony, which may or may not be an adventure themed spin-off of FiM.

Edited by Silvestra Spooner

I'd certainly like for all Mane6 (plus Starlight if she becomes an official member :dash:), TO BE FREAKING ALICORNS AFTER SAVING THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD FROM GOING BONKERS  :squee:

Hopefully it's a ton better than S6

It depends on where else they can take the characters. I mean there's still a lot they can do with Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, there's plenty more to do with Dash(that doesn't involve ramming her up the ass for her flaws), or AJ(that doesn't involve her family). There's still plenty of pairings that are underutilized or unexplored that have ton of story potential(instead of whoring out more Rarijack), depending on what happens this season, there's plenty to do with Starlight(namely, more interaction with the remane 5), Discord(with anyone not named Twilight or Fluttershy), Spike(with anyone not named Twilight or Rarity)

I honestly hope S6 isn't the last season. As much as I don't the show to keep going and getting stale, S6 would honestly be a lousy last season

• 11 months later...