Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what is your favorite episode starring your favorite character?

Sparklefan1234

For Apple Bloom, probably Family Appreciation Day, just because of how well everything works out for this very underrated episode. 

For Starlight GlimGlim, I like her in the Crystalling, another underrated episode(s) in my opinion. She's a new Starlight and a, in my opinion, better Starlight and it really shows. 

For Spike, defiantly The Times They Are A Changeling. Just... wow. 

And for Twiley Sparkle, Amending Fences for obvious reasons. 

Decided to just do my top four favourites since I didn't want to choose between them.

• Brohoof 2

I know it's a controversial episode for a lot of people, but in all honesty my favorite Rainbow Dash episode is "Newbie Dash". It's Rainbow Dash finally accomplishing her dream, and I cried happy tears watching it. 

• Brohoof 2

I'd probably go for 'Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep'.  It's far from my favourite episode, but Luna is my favourite character, and I think this episode was a fitting conclusion to her story arc.  Having struggled to fit in after her banishment, and gradually accepting, then embracing, her new role in the world through 'Luna Eclipsed' and the episodes where she visits each of the CMC to help them come to terms with their own problems, we finally see her in DPDoMS letting go of her guilt and finding her peace.

bCJk44J.jpg?1

• Brohoof 2

The Times They Are A Changeling as my favorite Spike episode! It really showed his character growth compared to his earlier episodes, he finally had a song after so long, Starlight was in it too, and Spike was the very first character in MLP to prove Cadance wrong! She's not a perfect princess, which makes me like her more! Well, I mean Cadance's mood was understandable and realistic, but she was still wrong! ;)

This episode is also the episode this season to NEARLY confirm my theory of Spike playing a major part in the finale, along side Starlight, and perhaps them uniting with Sunburst, Trixie, Thorax, and Ember to summon Equestria's allies to help out with a big battle in the finale! I mean, it DOESN'T confirm it yet, but I'm like... 75% positive of this being the finale!

• Brohoof 2

I honestly do not like any of the Applejack episodes...

Or Fluttershy...

I just like the characters...

*Edit: Actually, I really liked Flutter Brutter.

Edited by Babyyoshi309
  • Brohoof 2

Mine is actually Dog and Pony Show for a couple of reasons - 

There may be other stronger overall Rarity episodes (Suited for Success - which was the episode that I realized Rarity was my favorite, Sweet and Elite, and Canterlot Boutique were all great contenders for my answer), but it was at this point in watching the show that I realized I was a fan. 

Second, I really loved how everyone kept expecting Rarity to be desperately in need of help but she really stood her own. In her own way. She didn't change herself to save herself. She whined her cute little sassy attitude right out of those mines. 

Third, I loved that she differentiated between complaining and whining. Girls, especially younger girls (aka the target demographic) get told a lot that they need to stop whining whenever they say something negative about how they're being treated, which can turn into a struggle to speak up later in life. Also, despite being told to shut up, Rarity didn't. She just doubled down because no one should be treated that badly. That is how you girl power.

• Brohoof 3

Hurricane Fluttershy for Fluttershy, not only great character development for Fluttershy and we see her relationship with Dash and her animal friends shown, but she is the her most likable and the episode is one of the most moving ones as well as exiting with good world building.

Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep for Luna, such an underrated episode, couple of dreams like Twilights book one was underwhelming but otherwise it was perfection with really exiting and beautiful things in it. Great conclusion to Luna's charcater arc and we see her powers and will to do things.

Make New Friends but Keep Discord for Discord, one of the funniest episodes in the series and we see both the best and worst of Discord as well as learning more about him like where he lives and see him interact with a huge about of characters he had not prior. As well as charcater development and references of course with nice new characters and callbacks.

It's About Time for Twilight, she is also shown both as her best and her worst and reveices development And the episode is really exciting which most of Twilight's non-finale ones rarely are and it would not really be fair to pick those I feel since they are dire ofkind of episodes. And important things for later in the series introduced here.

Sorry I could not pick one favorite charcater, it keeps changing between these four and Pinkie is nearly there, she is excelent in her own epsiodes but as supporting charcater she can be grating.

Edited by snowflame
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

i know the CMC are lower on my list than the others, but "Crusaders of the lost mark" and "The fault in our cutie marks" gives them the lead when it comes to "fav eps" and fav pons...

i would say why i like these episodes, but, one it would be spoilers (still dont know how to hide them...)

and two, if you have seen them... then you know why i picked them specificaly.

the runners up are:

Pinkamina Diane Pie for "Pinkie Pride"

Rainbow Dash for any episode involving Daring Do...

and last but not least, Big Mac for "hearts and hooves day" and "Brotherhooves Social"

ps, i cant PM the person whom started this, so i thought about it, and replied to this, so i could also say...

"thank you for the add!"

i would add "hope to talk with you some time..." but as they cant PM, i dont know if it will happen...

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Brotherhooves Social and Dungeons and Discords are my favorite Big Mac episodes. (They're practically the ONLY Big Mac episodes) and sadly we've never had a true Shining Armor episode.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

My most fav character is Fluttershy: Definitely Filli Vanilli. Hurricane Fluttershy is also very very awesome but still only on spot #2 for me

For Twilight it would definitely be Amending Fences and then Lessen Zero

For RD definitely Tanks for the Memories

and for Scoots Sleepless in Ponyville

• Brohoof 1

I'll give my favorites for each character

Twilight: Twilight's Kingdom/Canterlot Wedding

Pinkie Pie: Too Many Pinkie Pies/Pinkie Pride

Rarity: Sweet and Elite

Fluttershy: Hurricane Fluttershy

Rainbow Dash: Stranger Than Fanfiction/Sonic Rainboom

Applejack: Bats if it counts, otherwise The Last Roundup 

Mane 6 ensemble: Sparkle's Seven

Scootaloo: Sleepless in Ponyville

CMC ensemble: Flight to the Finish

Discord: Keep Calm and Flutter On 

• Brohoof 1

Oh geez... that's a tricky one...

I gotta go with Spike - Any episode cause he's damn cute as heck

Discord too - Return of Harmony Pt. 1 cause it's interesting that he hypnotizes all the ponies which was interesting

• Brohoof 1