Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You share a two-person pony costume. Are you the face or the butt?

KillerKingBakudan

I'm not sure how common these are at brony conventions. It'd be neat if everyone did this, but I imagine this might be an issue that would make some people apprehensive.

post-30713-0-39463700-1473506388_thumb.jpg

If you had to walk around in one of these costumes with someone else, would you rather be the face or the butt?

• Brohoof 1

id definitely be the head ^-^ i'd get to choose where to go
tho i have seen some where the back legs are stuffed and a single person acts as the head so there is no need for a second person to bust their back begin an ass all day XP

Edited by Ju88snow

This post is too funny  :-P. I'd honestly be the head since I could see where i'm going. Plus I would get all hot and sweaty if I had walk around hunched over as the rear!

I've worn a similar costume before for Chinese New Year. I was a Dragon that you would typically see in Parades and such. I was the head and my friend was the rear. I had an easier time since I got to stand upright and control the mouth. My friend on the other hand, was so exhausted keeping up with me :-o.  

I think there's a deeper psychological meaning to a question like this. If you're the butt you can hide from embarrassment being in a two piece costume like that but if you're in the front you got to face the music.

• Brohoof 2

Butt, since my hands are restricted I could only throw kicks, and it makes sense since horses usually kick with their hindlegs, but if it were really up to me I would drag one of the senior students from my JKD fam with me to be the butt while I take the head, he kicks like a mule.

Before any of you object, I'm not talking about kicking people, I'm talking about kicking...uh...urm...boards?

Actually, those particular costumes are one-person ones. The rear end 'floats', and the rear hooves only touch the ground when the person wearing them leans back a tad. They're from the MLP:FiM Live shows that were running around a year or so ago, so they're not cosplayers. Those are actual Hasbro employees in those. ;)

However, the two-person horse costumes are commonly known as Pantomine Horses and go back a *long* time, as in a couple of hundred years at least, and probably more. I had the joy of being the rear end of a Panto Cow many years ago for a production of Jack and the Beanstalk....

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...