Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Creatures of Equestria

windy_prance

There has been a lot of mythical creatures shown on MLP. (griffins, minotaurs, manicores, hydras, dragons...timber wolves??)

What mythical beast do you want to see on MLP but haven't yet?

For me, two animals come to mind.

First, I want to see a Chinese "Qilin" (or as I remember it in Japanese as a "Kirin") which is a dragon shaped like a deer with the hooves and tail of an ox.

I like to imagine that in the MLP universe, all "enlighten" dragons (those who grow up NOT tempted by greed) will turn into a Qilin instead. It'll be a nice loophole to have for all the Rarity x Spike fans out there.

The other mythical beast would be a Cerberus...because Fluttershy needs an awesome guard animal!

Any thoughts??

well, umm. I'd like to see aaaaa...

Wow, the amount of mytological creatures is huge! Apart from the ones mentioned in the OP, there are Cockatrices, Phoenixes, Pegasi and Unicorns! And maybe more I don't remember.

Well, we could see aaaaa, satyre?

Well just seeing a manticore was enough to make my dreams come true. But I suppose I wouldn't object to seeing some harpies, if only to see the fan reaction to creatures with human-like features being in the series.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3

I think trolls would fit in well as dopey antagonists. Or maybe peaceful misunderstood creatures. I can totally imagine a troll animated in mlp style.

References to forum trolls could be awesome.

• Brohoof 5

Mermaid, sep its a pony, so maybe it could be called... a sea pony?

Ide also like to see a Chimera, a human, and more constellation monsters.

Oh, and Cthulhu, maybe he can appear in the sea pony episode if there ever is one.

• Brohoof 2

I'd love to see a Cerberus. I love canines and Greek myths, so that's an obvious choice for me.

Totally agree and since Celestia has a phoenix for a pet, maybe the show will give Luna a cerberus as her pet~! Those sharp teeth would be mightly useful on Nightmare Night!

(edited)

On second thought, if Luna gets a Cerberus as a pet then Fluttershy should get a Orthrus (two-headed dog who is the brother of Cerberus) as a guard animal. Maybe they can do an episode where Fluttershy babysit the unruly beast for a day for Luna?

Edited by windy_prance
  • Brohoof 1

Ancient animal-gods a la Mononoke style:

A half-dragon, half-pony race perhaps?

I think trolls would fit in well as dopey antagonists. Or maybe peaceful misunderstood creatures. I can totally imagine a troll animated in mlp style.

References to forum trolls could be awesome.

Discord is sorta like an internet troll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGXayHeZO6o

a cyclops!

Oh, but we've seen one already. :P

The problem with mythological creatures is that many cool mythological creatures like Harpys, Sphinx, and Centaurs have a human head or at least some other human attribute, which I think would be pretty strange in MLP.

Maybe a chimera? Or is Discord already technically a chimera?

Oh I know! Gargoyles!

• Brohoof 2

Creatures that are imaginary... and even more imaginary :o

Actually, how about a slime, or a beholder? :3 in a DnD style episode.

Beholder. Definitely the right thing to put in the show! :P

In all seriousness, though, no matter how seeing a beholder would blow my mind, a Chimera might be a little less freaky for the younger audience.