Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who should be in charge of Season Seven?

heavens-champion

I'm praying for Larson to come back but that's definitely a slim chance

Just please for the love of god not Haber, I'll gladly take Berrow or Lewis/Songco over him

• Brohoof 2

Just please for the love of god not Haber, I'll gladly take Berrow or Lewis/Songco over him

Yes. Season 6's has been pretty hit-and-miss with Haber, hasn't it?

• Brohoof 2

Considering Season 7 is already in the works and Larson will keep writing his books, i think it's safe to say that he isn't.

• Brohoof 2

Yes. Season 6's has been pretty hit-and-miss with Haber, hasn't it?

It has been, but it has also been his first, so I wouldn't be too hard on him. While there were a few 'meh' episodes, the ones that were good were REALLY good, IMO. I'd be more than happy to have Haber on for season 6. :)

Someone who is willing to take more risks and able to allow for the characters to change in interesting directions.

With the way season 6 has been played pretty safe, and even if I do like it, ended up being one of the least interesting seasons or at least that we have had in a long while, I don't think that the writer of Simple Ways, and Leap of Faith is the best option for this.

If we're choosing from someone who's already on the show staff, I wouldn't mind Haber being in charge. He's written some pretty good episodes, and it'd probably mean more Starlight.

• Brohoof 1

I think I should be in charge. I'd make it super dark and edgy, with red and black alicorns, plus I'd include everyone's overpowered OCs.  :please:

• Brohoof 1

maybe create a secondary six out of starlights new friends,i hope to see flurryy eart growing and to be speaking soon ;)

mainly the authors that can focus on the main ponies,but maybe see more ofthe background ponies,within their lives and events engaging with the mane 6,hyped for season 7! :pinkie:

It has been, but it has also been his first, so I wouldn't be too hard on him. While there were a few 'meh' episodes, the ones that were good were REALLY good, IMO. I'd be more than happy to have Haber on for season 6. :)

Right, the first half of the season was VERY underwhelming, but the later half were back on track. plus this finale showed to be one of the strongest ones so far

Meghan McCarthy. Now that the movie is done, she should be able to resume her duties as head writer for FiM.

Considering the "meh" to "ruined forever!" response to Season 6, I don't think this fandom could survive another season of Haber.

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

maybe create a secondary six out of starlights new friends,i hope to see flurryy eart growing and to be speaking soon ;)

mainly the authors that can focus on the main ponies,but maybe see more ofthe background ponies,within their lives and events engaging with the mane 6,hyped for season 7! :pinkie:

Is your reply even related to the topic?

Haber might not be an option at this point, and he'd have been my first choice (I liked season 6 a lot), so instead I'd probably go with Vogel, who's probably the next best thing anyway, given how he worked on so many episodes with Haber. Besides, he was a continuous force for good last season, and while I like Confalone and Rapp, they have failings which might not make them good showrunners. I think Lewis&Songco can often be pretty dull (why "Gauntlet of Fire" is so beloved will always elude me), but they do have a certain feel for story which might make them work better as story editors. I worry that their season would go back to plateaued main character development and regurgitated plotlines, though, which I don't think a Vogel-helmed season would suffer from.

• Brohoof 1

Haber might not be an option at this point, and he'd have been my first choice (I liked season 6 a lot), so instead I'd probably go with Vogel, who's probably the next best thing anyway, given how he worked on so many episodes with Haber. Besides, he was a continuous force for good last season, and while I like Confalone and Rapp, they have failings which might not make them good showrunners. I think Lewis&Songco can often be pretty dull (why "Gauntlet of Fire" is so beloved will always elude me), but they do have a certain feel for story which might make them work better as story editors. I worry that their season would go back to plateaued main character development and regurgitated plotlines, though, which I don't think a Vogel-helmed season would suffer from.

Pretty much this, Haber and Vogel are the best options. Confalone is a great writer but I don't see him as a head writer, he's the best at making silly/fun episodes, but has trouble with characterization and doesn't seem to the one to take things too seriously (which is fine, but not for being in charge), Rapp seems to know the characters pretty well and I actually love his episodes, but I don't see him writing two-parters, I'd rather have him write normal episodes like this season, plus his episodes are even more controversial than Haber's, Vogel is a safer option. Lewis & Songco are underwhelming, they're good with characterization and have good ideas, I loved Spike in GoF, Twilight and Rainbow in Top Bolt, and Sunset and Sci-Twi in LoE, but I found all of those episodes and the movie really underwhelming despite their good elements. I still love GoF because I'm a Spike fan though.

Edited by Baykush
  • Brohoof 1

Pretty much this, Haber and Vogel are the best options. Confalone is a great writer but I don't see him as a head writer, he's the best at making silly/fun episodes, but has trouble with characterization and doesn't seem to the one to take things too seriously (which is fine, but not for being in charge), Rapp seems to know the characters pretty well and I actually love his episodes, but I don't see him writing two-parters, I'd rather have him write normal episodes like this season, plus his episodes are even more controversial than Haber's, Vogel is a safer option. Lewis & Songco are underwhelming, they're good with characterization and have good ideas, I loved Spike in GoF, Twilight and Rainbow in Top Bolt, and Sunset and Sci-Twi in LoE, but I found all of those episodes and the movie really underwhelming despite their good elements. I still love GoF because I'm a Spike fan though.

Pretty much this! Haber and Vogel make an awesome team! They both made Stranger Than Fan Fiction and the season 6 finale together, and they did pretty good! They should share the lead writer / story editor role! It would get the season done much faster that way, and less stress for Josh!

Larson, but after him I'd vote for Joanna lewis and songco to be co headwriters. They've generally knocked it out of the park in their other episodes and have a pretty firm grasp on characters. and while I don't think LOE is better than RR, its a MASSIVE step up from FG IMO.

Meghan McCarthy. Now that the movie is done, she should be able to resume her duties as head writer for FiM.

Considering the "meh" to "ruined forever!" response to Season 6, I don't think this fandom could survive another season of Haber.

Brohoofed so hard XD

Someone who is willing to take more risks and able to allow for the characters to change in interesting directions.

Wasn't there a hasbro job posting a while ago for someone to help work on MLP bible concepts and grow the series or something?

I heard he's supposedly working on skylanders now?

• Brohoof 1

Haber and Larson wont write for season 7, so Mike Vogel is the best choice i could think of, he have worked for mlp for about 5 year, i trust him.

Lewis/Songco are good writers but they lack crazy ideas like Larson, Megahn, their episodes are sweet and nice but not top tier level, i prefer crazy stuffs, not a "well-round" with nothing to talk about, and finally, i hate Legend of Everfree so much that i just watch it once and forget about it (i usually rewatch episodes, movies even bad one).

Twilight and Rainbow in Top Bolt,

I actually loved that one, but it certainly did nothing whatsoever to advance the main characters. Twilight and Rainbow didn't learn a whole lot from it.

I actually loved that one, but it certainly did nothing whatsoever to advance the main characters. Twilight and Rainbow didn't learn a whole lot from it.

Doesn't have to advance a character if its a good episode :P

Not that I don't like character advancement, but you can occasionally just have some enjoyable episodes every so often.

That being said, there hasn't been much advancement AT ALL this season for characters, so it is a bit of a problem currently: Especially with the map episodes, as there's been very little growth of the characters in t hem.

• Brohoof 1

Doesn't have to advance a character if its a good episode :P

Not that I don't like character advancement, but you can occasionally just have some enjoyable episodes every so often.

That being said, there hasn't been much advancement AT ALL this season for characters, so it is a bit of a problem currently: Especially with the map episodes, as there's been very little growth of the characters in t hem.

I maintain that the relatively unpopular "The Hooffields & the McColts" is the only map episode which meaningfully digs into any of the main characters. "Top Bolt" arguably does more (to me at least) than either of the other S5 ones. Maintain that S5 was way worse for stagnation overall, but then, I found S6 rather satisfying.