Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler So where did Apple Bloom come from?

melody5697

(edited)

I actually just came up with another explanation for Apple Bloom's absence. (Well, okay, I read about something similar happening in a book.) Maybe Apple Bloom was born premature (perhaps her mom died in an accident while pregnant but the doctors were able to save the baby like in a book I read called "Family Tree") and was in a hospital for premature babies during the episode.

Edited by melody5697

AJ, AB, and BM openly acknowledge their absent parents in Crusaders of the Lost Mark. It's for this reason I have to believe that AB at least knows about it and is, in fact, a biological sister.

But assuming that much, did anyone find it odd that only Granny and BM was there to send AJ off as she traveled by herself to Manehatten? Anyone think that her reasoning for moving there for the "sophisticated" life was a little weak? It's possible that the real reason was because her parents died back then- possibly right after giving birth to AB- and she didn't want to stick around. It's very obvious that the young AJ is struggling with things in her life at that point. As for where this newborn AB is- well, as we've seen, their family seems to not have much of a problem shuffling its members around. I wouldn't find it too unrealistic to say that Granny is too old to care for a newborn, and I sure wouldn't pin caring for a baby on a young colt and filly, either.

It could be that they had a more fitting Apple household care for AB until she was old enough to choose to live with her biological siblings.

The timing of this can be determined by using the relationship between Filthy Rich and... uh... Rude? I forget her name

her name is spoiled milk by the way :P

• Brohoof 1

Apple Bloom came from Mr. and Mrs. Apple, obviously.

Under the circumstances, though, I think the more important question is: Where did Diamond Tiara come from, as Apple Bloom should have been born by the time of this episode, but Diamond Tiara's parents aren't married yet. The continued bad attitude of Spoiled Milk/Rich gives a pretty good indication, though. She's self-absorbed enough that I can easily see her not wanting to ruin her figure by having children, and so Diamond Tiara is probably adopted.

Maybe she was created, not born? We've seen unicorns create life before, so I wouldn't be suprised if a younger Starlight created Apple Bloom after her parents died or some OP crap like that.

OMG hahah that created bit reminds me of a comic I saw once. it was adorable

The whole Apple family were probably trying to establish in Manehatten when they had Applebloom. After that unfortunate lost happened to them, Applebloom had to be taken care by Uncle and Aunt Orange separately and AJ, Granny, and Big Mac had to go back to take care of the farm. As soon as Applebloom was old enough, Uncle and Aunt Orage let her off to her family on sweet apple acres.

AJ hasnt got her hat yet either, and In my headcanon id like to see the hat be handed down or given to her by their Dad. so either they are away on a trip, or busy in the orchard. Either way I reckon AB is in the house, just in a cradle and Granny Smith is looking after her, except for the madness that AJ starts in this episode, maybe Granny got a foal sitter before they left the farm?

It would also make sense for the away on trip storyline, as AB is being looked after. But the conformation that the parents died would be when AJ gets her hat. I'd write it up as there was a tragic event involving the parents, either the ship they were on sank or they were attacked by Timberwolves on the road home, either way all that was recovered was Apple Dad's hat, which AJ never takes off or lets out of her sight. 

The damaged hats we see in the show dont really count as theyre more for comedic effect? but its just the symbol of her love for her Dad, as I assume she would be quite the hard working Daddy's Girl. 

So there's my headcanon theory, please enjoy. maybe I'll write it up one day for fimfic.