Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you feel if Flurry Heart became an adult through a time loop?

Azureth

Obviously FH will not be grown up in the span of however many seasons we have left; hell just look at the CMC and the cake foals. However, what if FH were to be sucked into a time loop/other dimension that was far faster than in EQ meaning what would just be a few minutes in EQ would be years in the loop and FH came back as an adult but obviously unaccustomed to EQ and it's ways and it involved FH having to learn it's ways?

• Brohoof 3

The whole 'baby grows magically older' plot convenience trope is almost universally as badly handled as it is overused.  I definitely wouldn't want to see that happen, mostly because there is simply no need for it, we don't need Flurry Heart to grow into an adult any more than we need the Cake twins to.

• Brohoof 1

I would definitely want her to age at some point! It would be nice to see her develop an actual personality rather than her forever staying "the baby". :scots:

• Brohoof 2

The whole 'baby grows magically older' plot convenience trope is almost universally as badly handled as it is overused.  I definitely wouldn't want to see that happen, mostly because there is simply no need for it, we don't need Flurry Heart to grow into an adult any more than we need the Cake twins to.

it's like you knew what I was gonna say before I thought of it lol.

It would be really lazy writing if they just decided "hey, She's an adult now." Even her very being is a 'buck you' to the fans. I tend to love all the ponies, but if you start messing with the lore just cause then that's a recipe for destroyed series. Hasbros writers are either trying to get rid of my little pony for pure hatred for the fandom, or their bosses want them to make more lovable characters so they can sell the toys. If so, LAUREN FAUST WARNED US ABOUT THIS.

• Brohoof 2

While it would allow for Flurry Heart to get a personality, I think this would just be a cop out for the writers to bother doing anything with her.

I would rather see an episode where Twilight babysits Flurry Heart, maybe even with the help of Pinkie.

I would definitely want her to age at some point! It would be nice to see her develop an actual personality rather than her forever staying "the baby". :scots:

Being "the baby" doesn't necessarily mean not having a personality. Take a look at Maggie Simpson, for example.

Edited by Silvestra Spooner

Being "the baby" doesn't necessarily mean not having a personality. Take a look at Maggie Simpson, for example.

True! But judging by the target demographic for the show and the way Flurry was portrayed so far I'm worried her only or main 'role' will remain selling baby pony toys so they'll want to keep her a cute, adorable baby princess forever... or at least for the majority of the show. I guess only time will tell and we'll have to wait for the next season, hopefully Flurry will get some more screen time and personality ;)

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't mind to see McFlurry with some character growth. I'm not so sure if we'll get a time-skip spinoff series, and we've already dealt with time traveling. So if that happens, I'm leaning we'll get a visitor from several years in the future (instead of next Tuesday). That plot is good if done right, as we got these examples 

93c46aad4feb00d2787295c8c6e03755.jpg210.jpg

I just wish the action in S7 would take place 10 years later after the one in S6. Basically I wish they'd fastforward about a decade. Y'know, seeing the CMC members grown up, FH as a filly learning to control her incredible but hard to handle powers...

I don't know, I just thought it'd be cool. :adorkable:

post-39679-0-22172100-1476212529_thumb.png