Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would a "saucy" moment be practical?

Plonkett

Do you even target audience you wishfully thinking fiend?!

Of course not bro :/ there would not be a suggestive/saucy moment in the my little pony 2017 film..

• Brohoof 2

Like pnylvr said, having innuendo/suggestiveness.

I wouldn't doubt it. Not like it's hard to find suggestive jokes and content in practically any animated movie, plus 'em horses aren't strangers of 'em anyway :dash:. Like the jelly stallion, or the evil is sexy content ever present in EG series

• Brohoof 1

This is My Little Pony movie, so the answer is obviously no.
Maybe, assuming it was kept to an innuendo level. It's not like the show has entirely stayed away from suggestiveness: post-26550-0-24804600-1479843455_thumb.jpg

I just wanted to bring the two of you together; I don't feel I really need to say anything else.

Edited by Ziggy + Angel + Rain
  • Brohoof 3

It'd be pretty neat if nothing intentionally saucy appeared in the movie or in the show itself, as it's so much better with its innocent charm and all. All I'm expecting is a cute movie about cute ponies.

• 4 weeks later...

Depending on what you'd call 'saucy', my answer is either 'probably' or 'no way in hell'. If it's really just innuendo at the lowest level then yeah, I think we'll see a bit of it, but it's still going to be extremely tame considering the target demographic. There's certainly not going to be anything in it I'd call saucy.

All this reaching. No, there won't be any sort of saucy business in the movie. The movie is an extension of the show.

Wouldn't want it anyway. Sauciness doesn't fit into the shows theme, and inserting it would just be off-putting. All these horny kids wanting adult themes in a children's cartoon are why the fandom get such a bad rap.

All this reaching. No, there won't be any sort of saucy business in the movie. The movie is an extension of the show.

Wouldn't want it anyway. Sauciness doesn't fit into the shows theme, and inserting it would just be off-putting. All these horny kids wanting adult themes in a children's cartoon are why the fandom get such a bad rap.

Actually it's not an extension but rather a relatively separate entity

• Brohoof 1

Actually it's not an extension but rather a relatively separate entity

Thematically. It's still MLPFiM in design, and thus would adhere to that style. It's not a retelling of the franchise, like the Transformers movies are. So it is an extension of the series in this regard.

Actually no it's not directly related to FIM.

You misunderstand.

The movie is going to be done in the same style as the TV show. It'll look the same, visually. It has Meghan McCarthy doing the screenplay, so it will have the same writing style. It will look and feel and sound like MLPFiM. The only difference is that it will be feature length.

You are not going to see themes that you would consider out of place for MLPFiM. It is theMLP movie. It's basically exactly the same as the Pokemon movie franchise. Plotwise, they're not connected to the anime directly. But thematically, they appear in all ways to be a part of the Pokemon series franchise.

This is what I mean by 'thematically'.

• Brohoof 1

You misunderstand.

The movie is going to be done in the same style as the TV show. It'll look the same, visually. It has Meghan McCarthy doing the screenplay, so it will have the same writing style. It will look and feel and sound like MLPFiM. The only difference is that it will be feature length.

You are not going to see themes that you would consider out of place for MLPFiM. It is theMLP movie. It's basically exactly the same as the Pokemon movie franchise. Plotwise, they're not connected to the anime directly. But thematically, they appear in all ways to be a part of the Pokemon series franchise.

This is what I mean by 'thematically'.

As a matter of fact you're mostly wrong. Both the animation and writing style will change quite a bit with updated character designs and a completely different medium of animation. The writing is also from Rita Hsiao (screenwriter of Mulan and Toy Story 2). The background music is done live this time instead of computerized.

So no, it's not going to be the same exact style as the show, nor should it be.

Edited by TheAnimatorOfficial

As a matter of fact you're mostly wrong. Both the animation and writing style will change quite a bit with updated character designs and a completely different medium of animation. The writing is also from Rita Hsiao (screenwriter of Mulan and Toy Story 2). The background music is done live this time instead of computerized.

So no, it's not going to be the same exact style as the show, nor should it be.

You're still misunderstood, and at this point I'm starting to think it's a lost cause.

You're looking at tiny little differences as proof of the overall movie being completely unlike the show.

Yes, the music and animation will be much higher budget. But this is only because they now have the freedom to do so, which was harder on the TV show. This is pretty common in animation. The music is still headed by Daniel Ingram, and will still feel like MLPFiM, only more grandiose.

The animation is in the same boat. Ultimately, it'll still be clearly MLPFiM in design traits. This time they're just able to use a better medium, and put more time into it, so that we get an overall smoother and prettier animation and visual design. But it's going to still share most visual traits with the franchise. In fact, for product recognition, it's really important that they do keep the similarities and feeling.

The screenwriting is still being done by Meghan McCarthy, with Rita Hsaio as a co-writer(most likely for their experience in working with feature length films).

The animation's director is exactly the same person. He recently even stepped down as director of the show, to work full-time on the movie.

So, again. Thematically, the show is still going to be MLPFiM at heart. It will look prettier and sound prettier, but it will still feel like MLPFiM. All of these little differences don't mean that we're going to see radical changes in the franchise's formula and design.

• Brohoof 2

I think this would be a great idea! ^.^ It's not neccessarily out of place thematically either, unikitty. Obviously they aren't going to be clopping in the show, but they could have some romantic feelings shown in it, with a saucy moment, nothing wrong with that. In fact, it would probably go over well with young girls. I'm not sure about the term saucy though, I don't know exactly what it means. I assume it means somewhat risqué lines along with the post earlier showing previous 'saucy' stuff

Edited by trademark2
  • Brohoof 2