Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What mythological beings or creatures would you like to see?

Unlikeable Pony

What Mythological beings or creatures would you like to see make an appearance in the show?
Personally, I'd love to see some norse mythological creatures put in as well that exist up north in the crystal empire, like Fafnir or Jormungar; Maybe even have there be a prison located underneath the ice of the north called Helheim that acts as a counterpart to Tartarus down south

Well, as strictly mythological creatures go most of them tend to be geared more towards...well eating somebody, hah.  If they ever did, it'd be a bit more vague like how we have a rather more cartoonish hydra rather then any specific hydra like the Lernian or Scylla of Greek myths. Or like the more puppy-ish cerberi we've seen in the show. Though with the hellish nightmare-spawn of Tatzlewurms, I don't know what they WOULDN'T allow, lol.

I'd like to see something like the Stoorwurms or those legless, wingless dragons that are more of a sort of giant poisonous land eels.

With as much of a solid land of ice we seem to have up north in Equestria, there's no doubt there's some beings made of solid ice up there like the Titans of Norse myths.

Well, as strictly mythological creatures go most of them tend to be geared more towards...well eating somebody, hah.  If they ever did, it'd be a bit more vague like how we have a rather more cartoonish hydra rather then any specific hydra like the Lernian or Scylla of Greek myths. Or like the more puppy-ish cerberi we've seen in the show. Though with the hellish nightmare-spawn of Tatzlewurms, I don't know what they WOULDN'T allow, lol.

I'd like to see something like the Stoorwurms or those legless, wingless dragons that are more of a sort of giant poisonous land eels.

With as much of a solid land of ice we seem to have up north in Equestria, there's no doubt there's some beings made of solid ice up there like the Titans of Norse myths.

I

just would like them to try and only use Mythological creatures if they can at least make them HALFWAY like their original creatures; otherwise its a "in name only" Kind of thing, and what's the POINT of doing that? :/

Like the Tri-horned bunyip; its absolutely nothing like the actual bunyip, they should have just called it a seadog or something :/

They don't have to be 100% the same or anything, but at least keep some things similar, like Cerberus and orthros having the correct number of heads.

The Vegetable Lamb of Tartary!....or the Barometz as I think its sometimes called. A sort of living plant! A sheep that grows out of the ground on a stalk, and once its eaten the grass around it, it dies off and becomes a honeyed fruit!  That's just batty enough to work!

A creature like that would only have a very limited & almost brainwashed view of the world, try teaching friendship to THAT beastie!

I'd like to see how ponies would handle dealing with a basilisk given how infamous it is.

Probably the same way Fluttershy dealt with a cockatrice :P

By her outstaring his death stare. (and then throwing a weasel at him for good measure just because)

Probably the same way Fluttershy dealt with a cockatrice :P

By her outstaring his death stare. (and then throwing a weasel at him for good measure just because)

Actually, she would be turned to stone upon staring into its eyes.

Actually, she would be turned to stone upon staring into its eyes.

>what is exactly what happened to her when she did the same with a cockatrice and outstared it despite that

203481__safe_fluttershy_image+macro_star

Also, she'd be KILLED by staring into the basilisk's eye, not turned to stone :P

Stone is a cockatrice's stare, not the basilisk's stare.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 1

I'd like to see the who's version of Kelpies or Hippocamps, as there have already been quite a few mythological creatures on the show - soma of which having deadly human world counterparts.

Hippocampus is the new Seapony design for the movie.

large.jpeg

Plus, we've already had the sirens in EQG as hippocampi

745874__safe_equestria+girls_screencap_r

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 1

I'd like to see the who's version of Kelpies or Hippocamps, as there have already been quite a few mythological creatures on the show - soma of which having deadly human world counterparts.

Or quite possibly another one of the breeds of Kelpies. The Nucklavee! Basically a skinless centaur demon with leeches for hands. Try fitting THAT into your kids show, EH?!

• Brohoof 1

I would love to see Kirins in sometime in the show.

I would imagine that they would be a royal and regal species with a proud history based on honor.

They could live in some kind of Asian inspired location.

I want an eldritch abomination.

Medusa in an episode with Tree Hugger and Fluttershy.

I want an episode pointing out the flaws of a mythological character in pony form and the some of the mane6 help them to not be stupid.

Hm a sphinx would be nifty with Zecora and Daring Do. But Daring Do is too formulaic, so I would prefer it to be a Zecora episode.

Hm, perhaps horses from mythology and horse-like creatures.