Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Samurai Jack

cider float

Yes, I just recently finished watching through all 4 seasons and it's easily one of my favorite cartoons of all time now, I'd seen bits and pieces before when I was younger but never fully watched through the show like this. There's just so much to love about it though, from the atmosphere, to the action, to the occasional comedy.

Season 5 can't come soon enough.

• 5 months later...

*revived*

I didn't watch every single episode of the show (I'd say probably like 70% of it), but I know plenty about the series that watching season 5 makes sense to me.

Speaking of which, I just watched episode 8, and it just seems to me like the plot is going to go by really fast in two more episodes, almost like there should be another five on top of that.

Not quite a SPOILER, but it's best you don't read below if you want the story to unfold as you watch the series.

Spoiler

I'm surprised episode 9 takes Jack back to where he fought "the Guardian". Since Aku said he eradicated all of the time portals, I'm going to guess that Jack will likely find the Guardian in a pretty bad shape (or dead) assuming he fought Aku to defend his time portal (but lost since only the sword can defeat Aku). I doubt the portal would still be intact assuming Aku knows where all the time portals were.

Also it's funny that there are just random time portals lying around, and what if one takes you waaaay far back instead and you end up with dinosaurs :fluttershy: ?

8 minutes ago, The_Gobo said:

About the current episode that came out today:
Shippers.... Engage!

Lawl that made me feel awkward even though I usually like seeing that stuff.

Heheh, it took me a second, but I came up with an alternate scenario of when Ashi said "something poked me" when they were on the camel, if you know what I mean :orly: .

(edited)

Possible spoiler warning!

My guess for how they can finish this up in only two episodes is that Aku didn't know about the guardian's portal and so Jack fights the guardian and wins in episode 9. 

He and Ashi go back in time and the final episode takes place with them defeating Aku in the past. Then happily ever after. 

However that leaves a lot of elements out of place. Such as the Scotsmen and Aku's assassin who might still be important? My only other guess would be Aku is told Jack doesn't have his sword (because his assassin doesn't know he has it again) and goes after him for the final confrontation. Or if it's like I said before, maybe Aku goes to finish Jack but the Scotsman holds Aku off while Jack goes to the past.

I honestly don't know how they are going to tie up all these loose ends in two episodes. I agree there should be at least 4-5 more for all this. 

Edited by PonyOfWar
  • Brohoof 1

I have been enjoying this season pretty well so far, however, I am disappointed to hear the Jack and Ashi become a couple.  I haven't seen the episode yet, but I really don't think this 10 episode season had enough time to spare for a well developed and not forced romance. Plus in the first 7 episodes, I haven't really seen anything between them that seemed all that romantic between the two.

I remember watching the show when it started airing. It was pretty cool and there were a lot of great characters. I don't remember if I missed some episodes from the previous seasons, but I might try to re watch the series. I am enjoying the newest season that is currently airing. This season feel more different than the previous seasons, but I'm still enjoying the series. The last episode had me laughing at some parts and the ending caught me off guard. I didn't expect that to happen at the end, but it was still a pretty good episode. I'm looking forward to the next episode. I'm also looking forward to what will happen next for Jack. 

• Brohoof 1

Samurai Jack justs hit all the good points!   It's been a show that stands out from the story telling to the style!   I mean even the backgrounds and cut aways are just pure eye candy!   Also the humor tends to mix in with the action and not slow down the flow of anything.  Aku is one hell of a evil being "points to self" and even in his humor moments just rides that wave!

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...