Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where is the season 7 hype!?

trademark2

There isn't much in the way of hype as nothing has been revealed about season seven other that it will be coming sometime next Spring. Until we get some information, all we can is do is guess and the hype won't go any further.

Like many others have said before me, there are plenty of reasons as to why there is relatively little hype for season 7:

1. Season 6 ended very recently on October 22, 2016. Most people are generally "ponied" out and would like a couple of months off to focus on other things. 
  2. With Thanksgiving out of the way and Christmas right around the corner, people are more concerned with the Holiday Season than anything else. Getting presents, traveling, the list goes on and on. 
  3. There isn't really a lot of information that we can work with. The only tidbit about Season 7 that we know so far is that it will debut in Spring 2017, and that Princess Luna has another solo song :orly:. Once more information starts flowing in (# of episodes, episode titles, exact release date, previews, etc...), I assure you that most of us will be all aboard the hype train. Until then, let's take this time to relax and enjoy ourselves while we wait for the hard working folks at Hasbro and DHX to deliver another amazing season with our favorite Equines :wub:
  • Brohoof 1

Going to post an actual, elaborated post on my views since there's no better threads going on at the moment.

Lets look at things in the show that gave me hype in the past and were well setup. The Box setup in S4 really did a great job of setting up hype when it appeared: it altered the status quo when it appeared (The EOH were gone), introduced a MASSIVELY important new aspect o the world (the tree of harmony), and promised great things to come (The box's locks and there obviously being something great inside).

That Got me Uber excited for Season 4. Now, did the arc finish up satisfyingly? Not to the level it could have been, but it STILL did a great job of tantalizing viewers and making you think they were trying to advance things. Additionally, they had 5 episodes dedicated to the other 5 and why they were special, even if they fell flat (I won't defend the quality of Leap of faith or Rainbow falls, but they had the premise right, they just failed in the execution).
This arc ended with them introducing the castle and 6 thrones for the six: This ALSO promised great things to come with the question of WHY they had those thrones and what was to come with the table. This combined with the Epic VA promo's for S5 to make the viewer enthusiastic from the start of S4 to S5.

As another example, lets look at LOE: Its not the best quality movie, but what it DID do was setup new premises and promise great things to come: they gave the mane seven magical abilities, focused on them accepting no longer being "normal" girls but that being magical was part of them, gave them What are essentially their EOH (Making the viewer wonder WHY they were given them and if there was a purpose behind them), and then ended on a stinger of a greater problem in the world with magic pouring through into the human world.

Now, lets look at S5 and S6. Compare the map episodes to the Key episodes of S4: They don't really seem to advance the 6 or focus on them as characters and what makes them great, they're kind of them just "There", of them going somewhere, meeting someone with a problem and fixing it: they don't grow, and there's no progress or celebration for the group. As such, while not BAD (I liked seeing gilda again and top bolt was fun), they don't feel SIGNIFICANT. And this a big thing. This show CANNOT survive on just "normal" episodes ad infinum, its fanbase exists because they clamor for constant growth for EITHER the group or the world. Even if they weren't higher quality than the map episodes, the key episodes did a MUCH better job of building suspense for whats to come and therefore keeping Interest high.
Additionally, there was really NO meta-plot for Season 5 and 6, apart from where's waldo with starlight in S5 and Starlight's episodes composed the meta-plot for s6 of her growth: ALL OF IT.

Now, if you were invested in starlight, that might have worked, but given her troubled situation with the fanbase, that was a poor decision for the meta-plot for S6 (especially since she feels so utterly disjointed from the true Issue in the finale of the changelings-- having thorax episodes instead of starlight episodes would have been drastically better for building a bridge to the finale and keeping enthusiasm high, since people would have realized his potential and importance as a changeling learning about friendship).

Either way, the point is just that they haven't done a good job of promising great things to come by building on both the world and the Mane six with continual rising stakes and questions and growth of the characters; as such, things just feel like they've stagnated.
Hell, compared to Tirek, every threat has felt like a letdown-- even chrysalis's threat relied on a writing caveat to make her immune to assault by magical forces and her success occured offscreen. That makes her seem less epic of a threat compared to the prior villain, which just makes one go "ho hum".

Ironically, this has made me MORE excited for upcoming EQG stuff than FIM stuff despite liking ponies more-- it just feels like more effort is being put in to grow and advance things.

• Brohoof 3

Going to post an actual, elaborated post on my views since there's no better threads going on at the moment.

Lets look at things in the show that gave me hype in the past and were well setup. The Box setup in S4 really did a great job of setting up hype when it appeared: it altered the status quo when it appeared (The EOH were gone), introduced a MASSIVELY important new aspect o the world (the tree of harmony), and promised great things to come (The box's locks and there obviously being something great inside).

That Got me Uber excited for Season 4. Now, did the arc finish up satisfyingly? Not to the level it could have been, but it STILL did a great job of tantalizing viewers and making you think they were trying to advance things. Additionally, they had 5 episodes dedicated to the other 5 and why they were special, even if they fell flat (I won't defend the quality of Leap of faith or Rainbow falls, but they had the premise right, they just failed in the execution).

This arc ended with them introducing the castle and 6 thrones for the six: This ALSO promised great things to come with the question of WHY they had those thrones and what was to come with the table. This combined with the Epic VA promo's for S5 to make the viewer enthusiastic from the start of S4 to S5.

As another example, lets look at LOE: Its not the best quality movie, but what it DID do was setup new premises and promise great things to come: they gave the mane seven magical abilities, focused on them accepting no longer being "normal" girls but that being magical was part of them, gave them What are essentially their EOH (Making the viewer wonder WHY they were given them and if there was a purpose behind them), and then ended on a stinger of a greater problem in the world with magic pouring through into the human world.

Now, lets look at S5 and S6. Compare the map episodes to the Key episodes of S4: They don't really seem to advance the 6 or focus on them as characters and what makes them great, they're kind of them just "There", of them going somewhere, meeting someone with a problem and fixing it: they don't grow, and there's no progress or celebration for the group. As such, while not BAD (I liked seeing gilda again and top bolt was fun), they don't feel SIGNIFICANT. And this a big thing. This show CANNOT survive on just "normal" episodes ad infinum, its fanbase exists because they clamor for constant growth for EITHER the group or the world. Even if they weren't higher quality than the map episodes, the key episodes did a MUCH better job of building suspense for whats to come and therefore keeping Interest high.

Additionally, there was really NO meta-plot for Season 5 and 6, apart from where's waldo with starlight in S5 and Starlight's episodes composed the meta-plot for s6 of her growth: ALL OF IT.

Now, if you were invested in starlight, that might have worked, but given her troubled situation with the fanbase, that was a poor decision for the meta-plot for S6 (especially since she feels so utterly disjointed from the true Issue in the finale of the changelings-- having thorax episodes instead of starlight episodes would have been drastically better for building a bridge to the finale and keeping enthusiasm high, since people would have realized his potential and importance as a changeling learning about friendship).

Either way, the point is just that they haven't done a good job of promising great things to come by building on both the world and the Mane six with continual rising stakes and questions and growth of the characters; as such, things just feel like they've stagnated.

Hell, compared to Tirek, every threat has felt like a letdown-- even chrysalis's threat relied on a writing caveat to make her immune to assault by magical forces and her success occured offscreen. That makes her seem less epic of a threat compared to the prior villain, which just makes one go "ho hum".

Ironically, this has made me MORE excited for upcoming EQG stuff than FIM stuff despite liking ponies more-- it just feels like more effort is being put in to grow and advance things.

OK sure but

First of all, season 6 has had so many good episodes, every one i watch continues to impress me(only watched 13 of them so far). You didn't like the indian restaurant episode? or the zephyr breeze episode(who doesn't know somepony like zephyr? I thought it was inspiring, and the song is good too), the dragon episode introduced a new character and set up some plot for future interactions between the equestria and the dragon civilization(and it was really hilarious). The musical hearthswarming eve episode that has had so many music remixes? That's only from watching the first 13 episodes.

Second of all, they hired some new writers during season 6 from what I understand. Do you think these are evil people that want the show to fail? of course not. they are new but give them a chance. I am sure they are seeing the criticism, and will address your concerns in the next season. Come on give them a chance.They will hear you. 

Next, just because an episode uses the map to make them go somewhere doesn't automatically mean it's a bad episode. Some of my favorite episodes have been map episodes. mind you, I don't want every episode to be a map episode, but they haven't been doing it that way in s6, they only have had one so far, and it was the indian restaurant episode that I liked.  

The show isn't going stagnant or anything. These are unquestionably high quality episodes. Sure, your right that they aren't advancing the plot, but the plot has been moving pretty quickly before this. It's OK to have a slow season, especially when you just hired some new writers. This season was slow, but im sure next season will continue to advance the plot. 

Edited by trademark2

OK sure but

First of all, season 6 has had so many good episodes, every one i watch continues to impress me(only watched 13 of them so far). You didn't like the indian restaurant episode? or the zephyr breeze episode(who doesn't know somepony like zephyr? I thought it was inspiring, and the song is good too), the dragon episode introduced a new character and set up some plot for future interactions between the equestria and the dragon civilization(and it was really hilarious). The musical hearthswarming eve episode that has had so many music remixes? That's only from watching the first 13 episodes.

Second of all, they hired some new writers during season 6 from what I understand. Do you think these are evil people that want the show to fail? of course not. they are new but give them a chance. I am sure they are seeing the criticism, and will address your concerns in the next season. Come on give them a chance.They will hear you. 

Next, just because an episode uses the map to make them go somewhere doesn't automatically mean it's a bad episode. Some of my favorite episodes have been map episodes. mind you, I don't want every episode to be a map episode, but they haven't been doing it that way in s6, they only have had one so far, and it was the indian restaurant episode that I liked.  

The show isn't going stagnant or anything. These are unquestionably high quality episodes. Sure, your right that they aren't advancing the plot, but the plot has been moving pretty quickly before this. It's OK to have a slow season, especially when you just hired some new writers. This season was slow, but im sure next season will continue to advance the plot. 

Its not just about making an episode "Good"-- I liked the indian food resteraunt. Its about building excitement. You have to keep a feeling of growth and progression going on as well, which is what this season and S5 lacked. There are good episodes (I enjoyed top bolt and the spice of your life, as well the gift of maud pie), but the season absolutely FUMBLED having any feeling of progression or advancement, or a feeling of rising action in absence of character growth.

That's what I'm saying, even if its "Okay" without a something to pull the audience forward in curiosity for what the future has to bring, enthusiasm will drop. Its like how Video games constantly try to add something new to a series or it'll feel like stagnation (like how twilight princess was looked down on for not altering the zelda formula any for the game). Even if its high quality, if its just "the same as its always been" enthusiasm will drop.

I think season 5 did have progression. starlight glimmer joined the mane 6, the cutie mark crusaders gained their cutie marks, and flurry was born. Thats about what the other seasons had isnt it? Heck it's even more, but enough about that.

The whole reason season 6 was slow was because they had just hired new writers, and they didn't want to get too ambitious. The important thing is that they have established the fact that the new writers are able to produce high quality writing(make it entertaining). NOW, in season 7, they will start advancing the plot. It's OK to have a single slow season, and if fans jump off the bandwagon just from this, then they probably were people the franchise wasn't going to keep around.

People in fandoms are scared of the franchise changing, but I really think in this case it's unfounded. The map is merely a tool to be used once in awhile; the new writers have proven themselves; and now the next season will have more progression. They have already come out and said the next season will be the biggest one yet for the MLP franchise. I guarantee you they are having meetings and thinking of ways to address the issues you brought up.

there was a series like MLP that went south, it was pokemon. The writing in season 1 was much like MLP, with refrences for adults, humor on multiple levels, ect. But then it changed, and they started to write only for children, stopped using adults refrences, and the quality of the show dropped off. That hasn't happened here. The quality of the show is better, and plot will be moving along shortly. The true warning sign will be if the episodes themselves become boring to everyone but children, and the opposite has been happening lately.

Furthermore, there are several series like detective conan that move much slower than MLP and still have huge fanbases. I don't think this show is going to fall into that pattern, but it could. It's not game of thrones where worldbuilding is the most important thing, its a show about positive messages.. They could very easily go for a slower paced show with high quality individual episodes. However, as I said, I am fairly certain they won't and the show is just going slow temporarily while they let the writers gain experience and confidence.

Please give the new writers a chance to get settled in. You said yourself you liked the content they produced. Content begets plot. I think its very unfair to the writers what people are saying about season 6. They just came in and your expecting them to make huge changes. I for one don't want new writers coming in and making huge changes. They done the right thing going slow for a bit. They are exploring the world they have created, rather than expanding on it.

Edited by trademark2

Season six ended not too long ago, season seven is still months away, there's the holidays in between and nothing's been said from their marketing department yet.

Wait for it.

snippet

Y'know, while I definitely liked S4's "key" thing at the time, I don't think it was especially strong as a story arc. I liked it more for the thematic cohesion it brought, but I also think now that the whole idea of challenging the mane six's values doesn't necessarily advance them as characters. It often makes for great stories, but without challenging the characters' flaws or showing us anything new about them, it really just leaves us back at square one once the story is concluded.

I was a lot more compelled by season 6 than by seasons 4 or 5, and while the former's finale had me less interested in future potential than the previous two, that's only because I had become jaded after season 4's finale got me excited for my least favourite season to date.

But I don't have much left to say comparing season 6 to season 4. Suffice it to say, I think season 6 does a whole lot more to freshen up the show's creaky formulas and provide meaningful status quo changes than season 4, especially given my lack of interest in grand adventures and menacing villains in this show. I don't understand why S4 is so beloved around these parts.

In this show, I mostly care about three things:

1. Learning new things about the characters.

2. Seeing the show tell inventive new stories.

3. Being entertained.

Season 6 had a lot of this for me, and the simple promise of more from a show I'm finally beginning to enjoy again is enough to string me along. By comparison, I found most of what "Legend of Everfree" was doing uninteresting, and the specific superhero-ish direction that subseries is taking is not appealing to me whatsoever. I know you disagree, but "potential" doesn't work for me if I fear it not being realized in a way which I especially care about.

So I'm not really of the same mind. A story arc only compels me if I enjoy it, whereas an entertaining and interesting show can keep my attention even without any particular future direction. I assume you didn't find the same appeal in season 6, but I thought that a surprising amount of S6 broke free from what I expect of this show and had something genuinely fresh to offer, which made the season particularly exciting for me after having not really been enthusiastic for this show through seasons 4 and 5.

• Brohoof 1

Last year in December 2015, we didn't see anything much for Season 6.

So to my knowledge, Season 7 will not be announced until at least January 2017.

It was kind of already announced to be in production earlier. It's just that they haven't released any further info.

MLP is still the only show I follow week-to-week, but Season 6 really killed a lot of the interest I had in it, especially from the good setup with the season premiere, Starlight being a more prominent character, and Spike getting better roles. Although there were a few good ones, there were a lot of "filler" episodes with simplistic plots, little character development, and little rewatch value that could have pushed out some more mature and interesting episodes. Add to that increasing competition; there's so many other cartoons on these days that have gotten so much better from when MLP first premiered (Gravity Falls hadn't yet premiered and Steven Universe was probably on the drawing board when MLP first came out), and also the growth of streaming TV in the 6 full years MLP has been around (Netflix was barely even considered a network in 2010).

The point is, I don't find MLP as big a deal as it used to be. There also is the fact that there's little information on Season 7 and hype will inevitably build as it gets closer.

MLP is still the only show I follow week-to-week, but Season 6 really killed a lot of the interest I had in it, especially from the good setup with the season premiere, Starlight being a more prominent character, and Spike getting better roles. Although there were a few good ones, there were a lot of "filler" episodes with simplistic plots, little character development, and little rewatch value that could have pushed out some more mature and interesting episodes. Add to that increasing competition; there's so many other cartoons on these days that have gotten so much better from when MLP first premiered (Gravity Falls hadn't yet premiered and Steven Universe was probably on the drawing board when MLP first came out), and also the growth of streaming TV in the 6 full years MLP has been around (Netflix was barely even considered a network in 2010).

The point is, I don't find MLP as big a deal as it used to be. There also is the fact that there's little information on Season 7 and hype will inevitably build as it gets closer.

Let's discuss this, because I just don't see it(about season 6 being too simplistic). I obviously like season 6.  Here are just a couple things i think were interesting so far.

In the zephyr episode, Instead of reforming immidiately, he had to be kicked out three different places and become homeless to reform. It's kind of a message that some people only respond to tough love.

The indian restaurant episode: The food critics reaction to the restaurant becoming popular, did you notice she didn't try the food and become happily agreeable? She stalked off in a huff. I thought this reaction was interesting, because it runs contrary to what the shows been doing so far. In the previous seasons, the ending of the episode has always been all love and friendship, but the new writers put a spin on things kind of. 

Not huge things, but interesting. Could you tell about some of the nuanced episodes you saw in the previous seasons, and compare them with the 'simplified' ones from season 6?

Edited by trademark2

Let's discuss this, because I just don't see it(about season 6 being too simplistic). I obviously like season 6.  Here are just a couple things i think were interesting so far.

In the zephyr episode, Instead of reforming immidiately, he had to be kicked out three different places and become homeless to reform. It's kind of a message that some people only respond to tough love.

The indian restaurant episode: The food critics reaction to the restaurant becoming popular, did you notice she didn't try the food and become happily agreeable? She stalked off in a huff. I thought this reaction was interesting, because it runs contrary to what the shows been doing so far. In the previous seasons, the ending of the episode has always been all love and friendship, but the new writers put a spin on things kind of. 

Not huge things, but interesting. Could you tell about some of the nuanced episodes you saw in the previous seasons, and compare them with the 'simplified' ones from season 6?

I agree with you that season 6 was filled with episodes which had interesting twists on the show's formula and quite often great morals, but it's a lot of the small things which make it feel like MLP has fallen behind, to me - not things which it no longer does, but things it's not willing to do. Gravity Falls and Steven Universe are renowned for their serialized elements, and the latter is willing to take major progressive risks which MLP is more or less too big to pull off. S5's "Slice of Life" strikes me as a good example - is there any reason Lyra and Bon Bon couldn't have been a couple? 

It's not like MLP should take on the level of complexity that can be seen in Steven Universe, as it targets a very different demographic, but although season 6 has been an improvement in this regard for me, the show has an overall feeling of inertia. Story arcs tend to be confined to single episodes which are only ever loosely connected, and this has made the past few seasons feel unfocused. What exactly are they going for? Lately, it seems they're aiming for everything at once, and the episodic nature of the show inevitably leads to some episodes being more significant than others, and I feel the show always stumbles when it bites off more than it can chew. Then again, I think season 6 got its priorities back in order, and if the writers sharpen their craft, this show might finally come close to realizing its potential. 

I didn't really answer your question... but I kinda can't, because I enjoyed season 6 more than any season since 3. 

• Brohoof 1

The fandom has settled into the "cynical" phase all fandoms go through. From my observations, it's very common... and the next phase is "elitism", which has in fact already started. There's already a bit of nasty divide between Starlight Glimmer fans/haters and those who like the older seasons vs those who like the new seasons. I think the divides are only going to get worse and more numerous as the show continues and they make more controversial decisions. The cynicism won't go away either.

• Brohoof 2

I agree with you that season 6 was filled with episodes which had interesting twists on the show's formula and quite often great morals, but it's a lot of the small things which make it feel like MLP has fallen behind, to me - not things which it no longer does, but things it's not willing to do. Gravity Falls and Steven Universe are renowned for their serialized elements, and the latter is willing to take major progressive risks which MLP is more or less too big to pull off. S5's "Slice of Life" strikes me as a good example - is there any reason Lyra and Bon Bon couldn't have been a couple? 

It's not like MLP should take on the level of complexity that can be seen in Steven Universe, as it targets a very different demographic, but although season 6 has been an improvement in this regard for me, the show has an overall feeling of inertia. Story arcs tend to be confined to single episodes which are only ever loosely connected, and this has made the past few seasons feel unfocused. What exactly are they going for? Lately, it seems they're aiming for everything at once, and the episodic nature of the show inevitably leads to some episodes being more significant than others, and I feel the show always stumbles when it bites off more than it can chew. Then again, I think season 6 got its priorities back in order, and if the writers sharpen their craft, this show might finally come close to realizing its potential. 

I didn't really answer your question... but I kinda can't, because I enjoyed season 6 more than any season since 3. 

I'm not hating on you here, I'm criticizing Steven Universe.

It isn't progressive. It's a badly written show that appeals to the REAL lowest common denominator, the people that think progressive=automatic masterpiece.

The fandom has settled into the "cynical" phase all fandoms go through. From my observations, it's very common... and the next phase is "elitism", which has in fact already started. There's already a bit of nasty divide between Starlight Glimmer fans/haters and those who like the older seasons vs those who like the new seasons. I think the divides are only going to get worse and more numerous as the show continues and they make more controversial decisions. The cynicism won't go away either.

The Space Cowboy fandom never entered their cynical phase. They still believe they'll get a Season 3/4/5 some day. And the Pokemon fandom never entered that phase either. Probably because they know splinter factions when they see them and labelled them Genwunners.

Yeah.  It reminds me of the Sonic fanbase and the Star Wars fanbase.  Something I hope My Little Pony doesn't descend into.

The Space Cowboy fandom never entered their cynical phase. They still believe they'll get a Season 3/4/5 some day. And the Pokemon fandom never entered that phase either. Probably because they know splinter factions when they see them and labelled them Genwunners.

In my personal experience the Pokemon fanbase has a fair share of elitism. Labeling people as Genwunners is elitism, it's not their fault if they like early gens more. Of course if they actively bash the ones that like newer gens that's elitism too. There's also a good bit of elitism against Smogon (competitive meta followers) and those who aren't with Smogon, and there's also a divide between those who hack Pokemon and those that don't. It seems pretty split to me.

But then I'm basing all this off GFAQS, so... probably not the best idea lol.

• Brohoof 1

How ironic, that there would be a cynical fanbase around an optimistic show.

• Brohoof 1

First, I'll assume you're probably a newer fan of the show, nothing against that. I've been around it since Season 2 and I've noticed most of the difference in opinion towards Season 6 is a culture clash between fans who have been around longer and those who are newer, and are thus holding the show to different standards. made a good, if alarmist, observation on this.

Most of where I'm coming from is from an aspect of the characters taking on progressively bigger things each season. It didn't perfectly flow from one episode to the next, but there was an overall feeling of progression in which the characters were growing and changing. In all truth, the meat and bones of the episodes, that is the structure and intent, never changed. The thing that changed was context and expectations.

Season 6 had some very bare-bones episodes like "Applejack's Day Off" and "The Cart Before the Ponies", as well as episodes that take on common plot adaptations like "The Gift of the Maud Pie", "PPOV", "A Hearth's Warming Tail", but there were also some that had more plot or entertainment to them like "Gauntlet of Fire" and "Stranger Than Fan Fiction". Earlier seasons had a mix of this as well, but what's changed is that in Seasons 4 and 5, it seemed as if the Crusaders and Mane 6 were working towards a greater goal. It made even some of the more mundane things seem more important, without contrivance. In Season 4 in particular, the Mane 6 were learning the most important lessons regarding their elements in the key episodes, and that paid off with them getting the map and new roles in Season 5. Many Season 5 episodes had the Mane 6 being teachers rather than students which allowed them to pawn off some of the simpler plot elements to characters that had more room to develop, like Discord ("Make New Friends but Keep Discord") or various side characters ("Hooffields and McColts", "The Mane Attraction", "Appleoosa's Most Wanted"), and left the Mane 6 and Crusaders to focus on deeper themes like fear of the future ("Bloom & Gloom"), regret ("Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?"), making amends with the past ("Amending Fences"), and taking on new responsibility (many Twilight and Rarity episodes). "Spice Up Your Life" and "Flutter Brutter", to give some respect, did that, too, but I have different kinds of issues with those episodes that are for another thread.

By Season 6, most of the story arcs that had been opened for most of the series had already been closed or were coming to a close. Rarity already got into Canterlot and was getting into Manehattan. Rainbow Dash was finally getting into the Wonderbolts. The Crusaders got their cutie marks, and Twilight got a new student. So instead, it mostly comes to remaking classic stories ("The Gift of the Maud Pie", "A Hearth's Warming Tale", the latter of which was actually a good episode IMO), doing stock plots ("PPOV"), revisiting old character traits (Applejack's stubbornness in "Applejack's Day Off"), or basically doing things that would have been more in-place in Season 1 ("The Cart Before the Ponies"), instead of giving the characters new overarching goals or taking more advantage of new characters and plot elements. For myself as a longer-time fan, it feels more like familiar ground than the progression with which MLP was handling its characters in the middle seasons. I don't speak for all of them but I know a few of them share some sort of this feeling.

I don't hate Season 6, in fact there are a couple of episodes I would consider among the best. I just feel as if it didn't hold up to its full potential and had some more room to grow.

Tl;dr Character development and overall plot progression is key. Season 6 would have served better to give the main characters newer and bigger goals and save the simple stuff for the new characters, but if newer fans enjoy the show as is, so be it.

Edited by Fifty Grinches
  • Brohoof 2