Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone think Fluttershy is not used at all these days?

cider float

It feels almost like the only time they mention Fluttershy or put her in an episode is only when it involves Discord, in many ways Discord has become a lot more important than one of the mane six and Fluttershy is somewhat tethered to his existence now.

Nah. "28 Pranks Later" "Flutter Brutter" "Viva Las Pegasus" "Buckball Season"

I feel like it's the other way around with Discord. Anything he does always happens because Fluttershy isn't there.

Edited by Misscellanio
  • Brohoof 4

Not from my perspective. Since Season 5, Fluttershy has some of the most consistently stand out episodes and scenes. I said that last word because part of be has to chuckle when I see the emphasis on episodes while dismissing some excellent moments characters have when they are not the central focus. I count each scene a character is in. Fluttershy is used well, and in some respects better than the others. 

The beginning of season 6 wasnt promising at all, but then Flutter Brutter, Buckball Season and Viva Las Pegasus happened, which gave Fluttershy time to shine and positive character development. Something that Celestia apparently can only dream of.

I'm with you if we are talking about season five. This was a complete season of shit for Flutters and i hope that season seven wont fall back to that.

In terms of screen time she was really screwed over in season 5, and only was slightly better in season 6.

At least she has managed to get some pretty good character development with episodes like Flutter Brutter.

• 3 weeks later...

The beginning of season 6 wasnt promising at all, but then Flutter Brutter, Buckball Season and Viva Las Pegasus happened, which gave Fluttershy time to shine and positive character development. Something that Celestia apparently can only dream of.

I'm with you if we are talking about season five. This was a complete season of shit for Flutters and i hope that season seven wont fall back to that.

I agree. Fluttershy could use more appearances for the first time in 3 years, especially with Pinkie, who also didn't do very well in Season 6. Now that the other ponies' turns are over (especially Rarity), it's their turn to have the spotlight for themselves.

There's many ways Fluttershy can have lots of screen time. An episode with Spike, and up to three more with Pinkie -- their Cutie Map episode, their families, their pets -- and I could go on all day! As long as the other ponies don't steal the spotlight, I'm sure Fluttershy fans will be in for much better luck.

I feel like it's the other way around with Discord. Anything he does always happens because Fluttershy isn't there.

Dungeons and Discords too! She really handled Discord like a pro! :3 Season 6 was pretty good to her, other than her lack of appearances, which needs to change.

Yeah, and apart of 28 Pranks Later, she finally showed some real development and was more than the shy pony we all know her for :dash:

Season 6 did a lot for Fluttershy and I'm glad that she did received some dire character developments. Her role in Flutter Brutter almost makes up for me in that she's quite frankly strong yet caring at the same time.

I can also point out that some of the departing former writers of the show didn't put much of Fluttershy in their stories that became official episodes.

M.A. Larson wrote at least 3 episodes of Season 5. One focused on the background ponies, and the other two didn't have Applejack or Fluttershy in either. And Josh Haber also put Applejack or Fluttershy in his episodes as well. Jennifer Skelly wrote one episode, this one featuring both her and Pinkie (oh yeah, and AJ and Dash as well). And Natasha Levinger wrote an episode focusing on Pinkie Pie and the other three on Fluttershy.

As I also recall, Season 5 had a way lot more Pinkie Pie than Fluttershy, and Season 6 had Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Rarity the most.

So as long as these writers aren't too crazy and they're saving the best for later, it's more guaranteed that both our pink maned pony friends will get a lot more screen time in Season 7. Remember: the later the appearances, the better.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1

Fluttershy is the only character who evolved through 6 seasons. From a shy intorvert to a very assertive and brave adviser of both Twilight and Discord. Heck, she even go all sassy with Discord or tries psychological tricks on him

Kinda the opposite, I mean there was a full episode dedicated to her and meeting her family(finally getting to know more about her background),  along with Viva Las Pegasus and BuckballSeason. All of which greatly added and improved her as a character, with her development, characteristics and background of what we knew of her. This season was great to her.  We learned a lot more about her this season and I'd argue that this was one of the best seasons for her. We've spent 5 seasons knowing VERY little about her background/past, other than she lived in Cloudsdale and grew up with Dash in flight school...which was not much of anything to go on. I mean,we've had multiple episodes on AJs and Pinkie's family but none about Flutter's. This was a great season for her and I hope it continues .

My only complaint about Fluttershy this season was the lack of Flutterdash....need more of that.

There's only so many times you can milk her shy personality before it starts boring people

Granted, that doesn't stop the writers from making Twilight, Applejack, Rarity and especially Rainbow Dash into hypocrites who forget their previous lessons, so...

Just no reason to use her, I guess?

There's only so many times you can milk her shy personality before it starts boring people

Granted, that doesn't stop the writers from making Twilight, Applejack, Rarity and especially Rainbow Dash into hypocrites who forget their previous lessons, so...

Just no reason to use her, I guess?

Well, don't forget, the writers didn't put a lot of Rarity or Rainbow Dash in many Season 5 episodes, nor did they use much of Applejack in either first half of Seasons 5 or 6, so it was fair enough for all three of them to have most of Season 6 for themselves.

And because Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie didn't appear much in Season 6, their chance of having more episodes together (and more screen time/dialogue as well) has now gotten bigger. Remember, the more screen time somepony gets, their chance of absences in later episodes increases. I assure you, this will certainly happen in Season 7.

• 2 weeks later...

At first, it was mostly group interaction.  But, since the map table has been sending them on individual missions it seems like everyone feels that they are getting shorted.  I remember 1 episode (The Hooffields & The McCoys? ICR) Twilight was complaining she never got used.  IMO, all the characters get some episodes, but there are too many characters & too few episodes.

Edited by sweetolebob18