Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone spending most of their day in front of the computer?

zerox

1 hour ago, Phosphor said:

I've gotten a lot better this year with balancing computer time with the outdoors. I've always been an outdoors type of person, but I recently noticed just how much time I spent online. Some changes had to be made. I ditched social media and my smartphone and have limited my online activity significantly. So far, so good. 

Go outside, my friend. Lots of adventures await you. A nice hike thru the woods will help clear your mind.  :fluttershy:

Wow, you found one of my earliest (and cringiest) posts here... :twismile: I can't deny I still spend a lot of time at the computer, but my outlook on things isn't as overly negative as it was then. :please:

I'm glad to hear you've made some progress in that regard, my friend! :) Being outdoors more is something I need to try too, weather permitting.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 3

I always have and always will. I’ve tried the whole friendship thing in real life and it’s not my cup of tea; MLP has only put an unrealistic expectation on the whole concept.

Being on my computer all the time has given me enjoyment and knowledge I wouldn’t get anywhere else. Sure, there’s times I feel lonely and worthless, but the silver lining is I could be so much worse off. Being poor, unhealthy, homeless and fighting for freedom would be far worse alternatives. :grin:

Edited by Flutterstep

do to a political situation, I have not spend lots of time here in my PC because we have been on the watch for rioters or criminals in the streets that would like to take advantage of my country's unrest

That's me, and a lot of that time is spent arguing with the dullest tools in the shed... The people who get triggered by how I play a character in a video game because it isn't meta, the hypocritical right, and some of the others of the absolute dumbest.

Edited by Ayyngel Dust

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The computer is the only safe place where you cannot get COVID-19! This is why it is good to be in front of your computer daily, and right now! :proud:

*raises hand*

On days that I don’t have anything to attend to, I am on my tablet all day

• Brohoof 1

Ever since COVID-19, you know it.

and also I’m trying to work out as much to get to this physique

311A0E92-23AB-423B-921D-00439A6E8F06.thumb.jpeg.e64aa69358a105942aab7f6eaf2f8ba0.jpeg

6 minutes ago, TBD said:

Ever since COVID-19, you know it.

and also I’m trying to work out as much to get to this physique

311A0E92-23AB-423B-921D-00439A6E8F06.thumb.jpeg.e64aa69358a105942aab7f6eaf2f8ba0.jpeg

Wait you want a dad bod?

4 minutes ago, Blivy said:

Wait you want a dad bod?

I heard you’ll gain more popularity with the ladies and also more confident in how hardcore of a gamer you are.

haha, I was only joking. That was a joke.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, TBD said:

I heard you’ll gain more popularity with the ladies and also more confident in how hardcore of a gamer you are.

haha, I was only joking. That was a joke.

Well hell count me in!

8 minutes ago, Blivy said:

Well hell count me in!

CO-OP to achieve dad body is now in session!

8B0BC8FB-F464-4834-843B-E7E07093909E.gif.b3220b04b450ea993cd105fb1358006b.gif

• Brohoof 1

50 minutes ago, Blivy said:

Oh my Lord that would be a fun setup!!!

A best way to get you body moving and to build up these abs!

8E2F6941-EFE6-4FCE-8E25-4708FC1621ED.jpeg.b043bf89154823a549cc9c39499f3ef7.jpeg

• 2 years later...

Surprisingly little compared to what I used to. I am always finding myself outside walking or sleeping, working on repairing something. However, most of the time is still surrounding computers 

On 2016-12-14 at 7:58 AM, zerox said:

So I spend most of my day in front of my computer. I don't have much to do as I'm unemployed, I'm disappointed that my father passed away in Oct of this year, I don't have much friends (I could use some more internet friends).

Well does anyone else spend most of their days in front of the PC?

I am sorry to hear about your father. And I hope you are doing well.

Also, I do the same thing. There is an escape inside the screen. You can live other lives and stories without getting hurt. Losing yourself in fantasy. It is all I ever wanted.

Because it always felt like I am hovering over reality. And a part of me wants to fall into it for once. It is the part that wants to fight, even when I know I am too weak. But you have been running away for too long, and the fear has become too great. Dissociative disorder is a predonminant factor in this family. Most people in the latest generation are very self-destructive. For me, this is the understanding that sooner or later you are gonna fall. And it is gonna eat you alive. Because you are too weak to survive. You always were.

Because you were not meant to survive to begin with. My mother was extremely ill when she was born and would have died without intesive medical intervention. And because of her unmerited survival, this weakness got passed on. This is not how nature works. Because this is what happens now. I happen.

This is the animal understanding inside of me that seeks self-destruction. Because it knows it is wrong. It knows I am wrong. Because this is not how life is supposed to be. Our family is basically a group mental patients that survived because of external support. But without it, it would have been what was always meant to happen. So, there is this unrealistic perception of the world inside my head. Like a dream that keeps me safe from the realization. And since this realization is inescapable, because it is yourself. Most of us dissociate.

It was a mistake born of misplaced good will. Understand nature. This is the reason it disposes of the weak. Because the strong have to suffer now. Like my grandfather suffered when he had to shoulder the useless weight of his defective son and daughter until he died. Or my own friend.

I don't know how the genetic material could have deteriorated so much. But there has to be a way to identify these problems so the life of the child can be ended. Because healthy and productive people are gonna suffer, otherwise.

And when I reach into the core of my mother, or my uncle. It is the same as with me. They don't want to be here, because they should not be here to begin with. Sometimes is a mercy to end a life sooner.

But this is the real answer for my addiction.

• Brohoof 1