Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to start liking Rarity

Tilgoreth

I've never liked Rarity. She was at a selfish and annoying. The only aspects of her that interest me are the ones relating to her artistic ability and integrity as an artist. But they don't executive lore those aspects very often. So how do I start liking Rarity?

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, the fact that (almost) everyone is obsessed over her here is beyond me. I don't get it. I probably shouldn't be arsed, but I am because I really dislike her. I hate seeing people like things I don't like.

• Brohoof 5

Yeah, the fact that (almost) everyone is obsessed over her here is beyond me. I don't get it. I probably shouldn't be arsed, but I am because I really dislike her. I hate seeing people like things I don't like.

This doesn't help me at all. Don't reply unless you have something useful.
  • Brohoof 1

This doesn't help me at all. Don't reply unless you have something useful.

The question you're asking is dumb. "How to start liking Rarity?". If you don't like her by now then I doubt you ever will. Are you waiting for someone to brainwash you?

• Brohoof 3

Watch this a few times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdSeZCwOUQw

It is like a 'Liking Rarity express ticket'.

Any episodes you can recommend to start liking her?

The question you're asking is dumb. "How to start liking Rarity?". If you don't like her by now then I doubt you ever will. Are you waiting for someone to brainwash you?

Don't reply. I will start liking Rarity now. Also you win. Your right. I don't want to argue.

I don't really see a trick to it, but most of her episodes from season 4 forward (exceptions: "Simple Ways," "The Cart Before the Ponies," "PPOV") to show her in a brighter light, focusing more on her generosity and artistic endeavours. It's around there that she really became one of my favourites.

• Brohoof 2

I don't really see a trick to it, but most of her episodes from season 4 forward (exceptions: "Simple Ways," "The Cart Before the Ponies," "PPOV") to show her in a brighter light, focusing more on her generosity and artistic endeavours. It's around there that she really became one of my favourites.

Alright I'll watch those episodes.

As one of the more vocal Rarifans on MLPF I agree that you should not be judged because you dislike Rarity. I am friends with many who are indifferent or outright hate the character. It's all good.

Not really. Originally I was not the biggest fan of Fluttershy. The last two seasons have made me appreciate her and look at her in a new light. Similarly, I was so not a fan of Rarity back in 2011. Not. At. All.

Opinions on characters can evolve.

Watch this a few times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdSeZCwOUQw

It is like a 'Liking Rarity express ticket'.

:D

SO MUCH YES KYOSHI! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BTW!!!

I've never liked Rarity. She was at a selfish and annoying. The only aspects of her that interest me are the ones relating to her artistic ability and integrity as an artist. But they don't executive lore those aspects very often. So how do I start liking Rarity?

I think for some focusing on the voice acting and songs help. Even if the character has some attributes that don't speak to you (fashion for example) the quality of her voice actors do allow for some appreciation.

One thing that started me on my 'journey' was seeing her as an avatar for artists and artistic expression in general. Many of her episodes work well as messages about creativity and artistic expression.

• Brohoof 4

As one of the more vocal Rarifans on MLPF I agree that you should not be judged because you dislike Rarity. I am friends with many who are indifferent or outright hate the character. It's all good.

Not really. Originally I was not the biggest fan of Fluttershy. The last two seasons have made me appreciate her and look at her in a new light. Similarly, I was so not a fan of Rarity back in 2011. Not. At. All.

Opinions on characters can evolve.

:D

SO MUCH YES KYOSHI! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BTW!!!

I think for some focusing on the voice acting and songs help. Even if the character has some attributes that don't speak to you (fashion for example) the quality of her voice actors do allow for some appreciation.

One thing that started me on my 'journey' was seeing her as an avatar for artists and artistic expression in general. Many of her episodes work well as messages about creativity and artistic expression.

Like I said the aspects of her that I enjoy most are the ones relating to her artistry. But there are only a couple of episodes that focus on that. And her generosity seems conflicting considering how selfish she can be. I don't know what made you start liking Rarity?

Yes. She used to get on my nerves, being too prissy and fussy and critical, but she has other very good qualities which get revealed in season 5. I love her now. :wub:

Okay cool I'll check those episodes out.

Ok, I'm gonna be honest here. Personality-wise, I genuinely dislike Rarity. I HATE the stereotype she represents, I find her extremely shallow and dull.

HOWEVER, I absolutely adore her visual design. The colour scheme, the mane style, the shape of her eyes... Rarity's just visually pleasing!  I enjoy drawing her and I like the show-accurate merch of her. Also, I like the sound of her voice. So... I guess, there's always a way to appreciate Rarity. ^^' Even if you don't like the things she does and says in the show, you can still enjoy the way she looks or sounds. Well, it works for me! ^^'

• Brohoof 2

A Dog and Pony Show sounds like a good place to start.

Alright I'll watch that episode.

Ok, I'm gonna be honest here. Personality-wise, I genuinely dislike Rarity. I HATE the stereotype she represents, I find her extremely shallow and dull.

HOWEVER, I absolutely adore her visual design. The colour scheme, the mane style, the shape of her eyes... Rarity's just visually pleasing!  I enjoy drawing her and I like the show-accurate merch of her. Also, I like the sound of her voice. So... I guess, there's always a way to appreciate Rarity. ^^' Even if you don't like the things she does and says in the show, you can still enjoy the way she looks or sounds. Well, it works for me! ^^'

Well thanks for saying that.

I don't get how you complain about Rarity being selfish yet seemingly have Dash as your favorite pony... cause If Rarity is the second most flawed Pony, Dash is definitely THE most flawed, almost every episode she has has her being totally wrong about things and unlike how it tends to be with Rarity usually needing that all but slapped into her.

Like has Rarity ever done ANYTHING remotely as selfish as literally sabotage a factory over a turtle? Or attempt to prank the ENTIRE TOWN for some brief Laughs? 

Like really outside of Sweet and Elite (where it's eatting up at her and she risk her reputation for her friends in the end) and Simple Ways (where uhh... yeah Applejack has to slap sense into her in this one) when has she even been more particularly selfish than the other Mane 6?

Of course the fandom forgives Dash for everything because she's tomboyish, but Rarity does ANYTHING wrong? she's goddamn piled on.

Like I don't care if you like her or not, but at least do it for accurate reasons, Rarity isn't especially selfish among the cast, they all have their selfish moments and what is annoying is entirely subjective. If you just don't find her interesting whatever.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz
  • Brohoof 3

Rarity Takes Manehatten was the episode that made her one of my favorites, and her one of her best moments could be her making up with her friends in said episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayZp_ngDqh8

Canterlot Boutique is another great episode at showing Rarity at her best, especially when it comes to the Rules of Rarity and what her career means to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKVUWdh3caA

• Brohoof 2

That which we reject, sometimes represents an aspect we fear about ourselves.

Therefore, self-acceptance might allow you a greater understanding of others.

Rarity isn't real therefore your advice is invalid.

Rarity Takes Manehatten was the episode that made her one of my favorites, and her one of her best moments could be her making up with her friends in said episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayZp_ngDqh8

Canterlot Boutique is another great episode at showing Rarity at her best, especially when it comes to the Rules of Rarity and what her career means to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKVUWdh3caA

Alright I'll check those episodes out.

I don't get how you complain about Rarity being selfish yet seemingly have Dash as your favorite pony... cause If Rarity is the second most flawed Pony, Dash is definitely THE most flawed, almost every episode she has has her being totally wrong about things and unlike how it tends to be with Rarity usually needing that all but slapped into her.

Like has Rarity ever done ANYTHING remotely as selfish as literally sabotage a factory over a turtle? Or attempt to prank the ENTIRE TOWN for some brief Laughs? 

Like really outside of Sweet and Elite (where it's eatting up at her and she risk her reputation for her friends in the end) and Simple Ways (where uhh... yeah Applejack has to slap sense into her in this one) when has she even been more particularly selfish than the other Mane 6?

Of course the fandom forgives Dash for everything because she's tomboyish, but Rarity does ANYTHING wrong? she's goddamn piled on.

Like I don't care if you like her or not, but at least do it for accurate reasons, Rarity isn't especially selfish among the cast, they all have their selfish moments and what is annoying is entirely subjective. If you just don't find her interesting whatever.

Rainbow Dash isn't y favorite character. I do like we though. I just said she was my favorite for arguments sake

Because she has more episodes than my favorite character. Which would be Spike or Starlight. Most in the fandom hate Spike and Starlight hasn't been in many episodes. Anyways Rarity has only been selfish for herself. At least with Tank Rainbow was doing it because she loved her pet. And Fluttershy had to eventually tell her to accept that Tank was going to hibernation. Rarity in sonic rainboom Rarity kept taking the spotlight and made Rainbow feel insecure and anxious. She was completely dismissive of her feelings. I forget what the episodes called but it's in whatever one Rarity sings her song about popularity. Rarity completely blows off her friends to go to Fancy Pants party. Granted Twilight and the rest where generous enough to come to Canterlot so they could celebrate Twilight' s birthday with Rarity. Rarity never got in trouble. She never apologized to her friends for wanting to blow them off. Oh yes she's so nice as long as she never has to pay for her mistakes.