Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ASMR and your personal ASMR triggers

Handsome Changeling

So, I have ASMR, the strange thing science can't explain that only a certain number of people have where you get... What I can describe as a numb satisfying tingling in the centre of my brain and head as well as my spine and sometimes my upper leg/thigh region.

My personal triggers are loud eating
Crinkling of certain kinds of packaging
My head being touched in certain ways
And even some thoughts trigger it (I have many more but those are my main ones)

Now if you have ASMR (Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response) I'd like to know your personal triggers as it differs with everyone! ^3^

• Brohoof 1

Most ASMR triggers make me either make me slightly uncomfortable or even give my anxiety, some have even given me headaches. Soft noises made me uneasy for as long as I remember.

Imagine how confused I was wen I first figured out that the same thing has the opposite effect on same people.

Edited by Frozen Glow
  • Brohoof 1

Maud. Maud Pie. Maud, maud, maudy mod-mod!     I swear, I melt a bit each time she comes on screen & says anything at all! An absolute rockstar to me! Ooh, also Limestone's gruff voice & Rainbow's semi-squeak, I swear, if I ever happen to be in front of the voice actresses when they do that voice I may just up and squee myself into a fainting coma!

My head being touched in certain ways

Really? I didn't know asmr pertained to touch too, I had thought it was auditory only! I totally have that too, on account of my hair growing as dense as it does it doesn't really feel much of anything unless you really bury your fingers in there. Heck, when I'm thinking like I'm doing now I tend to unconsciously rummage through my hair. I'll totally have to spend some time looking this up too!

Edited by Widdershins
  • Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

It's not sexual - ASMR is part of our response to closeness and intimacy, like being cuddled and groomed by a mother. The 'tingles' encourage relaxation and feelings of bliss.

Not all ASMR 'artists' are very good at what they do (and unfortunately, some sexualize it but, what isn't sexualized anymore) - and of course, since there are a few channels that are very successful, then every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks 'hey, I can whisper and pluck on hairbrushes!'.

I stumbled upon ASMR when a couple of youtubers that I'm subscribed to made some joke ASMR-like videos and I decided to check out what the heck is it aaaand now I subscribe to at least 5 ASMRists  :please:

I'm definitely not into those weird mouth sounds, sounding all moist and dirty nor the whole watching someone eat stuff :scots: I like tapping, scratching and general whispering videos. They help me fall asleep so I usually listen to one in bed when I go to sleep.

• 7 months later...