Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Randimaxis needs your help!

Randimaxis

Hiya, folks.

Some of you already know this, but I'll reiterate for those who don't:

My family got scammed at the beginning of February, and we have been dancing on the edge of homelessness ever since. We got taken for almost everything, and we've been trying to find help - but so far, we've only been successful enough to stay out from under bridges.

Now, we're scared and quite weary... yet, the fine staff here at the forums has taken up my cause, and have granted me permission to post the link to our GoFundMe link here.

I want it known that I THOROUGHLY dislike asking for money, as I don't want to be seen as a mooch or freeloader... but desperate times, dot dot dot.

Please - if you have the money to spare, might I ask that you could assist my family and I in the endeavor we've undertaken to try to get our lives back on track.

Thank you so very kindly for your time. *bows humbly*

https://www.gofundme.com/3dskri0

• Brohoof 20

I think about you everyday man and i hope that you will find a way out of this.

• Brohoof 1

you don't have to be sorry for asking for money bro, i cant begin to imagine what you must be going through but understand that you are in need of some help, an the fact you have a family to take care of as well??? if anything i should apologise for being such a stingy bastard. really. i wish you every success man.

• Brohoof 1

UPDATE:

We've had this link up for less than 24 hours on the forums, and ALREADY you folks have nearly TRIPLED what donations were already there.

This, in MY mind, only proves that friendship IS magic. Bless you, each and every one.

Though we still need help, I just wanted to share the news and profess my eternal gratitude.

<3

• Brohoof 7

Randi, I am sorry I'm late in responding to this. While nobody deserves this, it is devestateling to find such a decent caring father and husband like you, and your family, going through this.

You guys try and keep your spirits up.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

If I really won the lottery of 4.5 billion dollars. Absolutly when there is a family in need of them on the edge of homelessness I would share. Depending on the amount in total.

*sighs*

If I had the lottery won. Still, Randi you are good in amusing others and don't want to see you go. That kind of creative potential doesn't deserve to be homeless. As karma states, do good things upon others. Then good comes back too you. 

Meaning, give it more time Randi and keep faith in yourself. Even upon others that care for you. Not to be soft here. I just don't like it when people have this happen too them. Which makes me grateful I have owned my house and everything. Just the bills, though and have a backup generator in case. 

Ahem, sorry there. So, Randi keep rolling with the punches. Otherwise, you will get knocked out and its hard to get back up. I've been there before and pulled through, you can too. Have a strong mind and will then you will succeed. Again, if I had the money like I said before. I will no problem. For now stay safe out there Randi. 

Edited by Master Necrodeus
  • Brohoof 2

As I sit here reading through all the kind responses here, I realize that, for the longest time, I wondered if I fit in amongst you folks. I mean, there were times I really felt like I was intruding among the herd - like the proverbial outsider looking in.

When I applied to help out, it was just that - wanting to help. But the rest of the staff welcomed me so very kindly, and the folks I started roleplaying with all kept telling me how much they enjoyed my parts... I was pleased, yet still mystified over such acceptance.

As a kid, I was the weirdo whom the other kids hated; I could count my friends on one hand, with fingers left over. I was regularly teased and even beaten more often than I care to remember. I was also quite naive, and that got taken advantage of so much...

With the recent troubles my family and I have had, it has slowly come to my attention that you folks have actually cared more about us than our own flesh-and-blood families have, believe it or not... and when I realized that, I cried a bit - because I finally found a place to belong.

It has made me smile, time and again, to chat with you folks, and I've shared laughter and pain with certain individuals here... by Luna, I declare that you folks really, really have adopted me here. All of you (even a troll or two) have made me one of you.

I feel like quoting the "ohana" line from Lilo & Stitch... but I figure you folks already know it. Within yourselves. With each other. With me.

I thank you all from the very core of my soul for making sure I wasn't left behind. Excelsior, you wonderful Ponyites; I love you folks.

• Brohoof 7

I really wish I could donate, but I'm living hand to mouth right now and don't have any spare. But I wish you and your family all the best.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Ouh, that's horrible!  :-o I didn't have idea until I saw this thread.

That's really sad to hear this, because you absolutely don't deserve to have to struggle with bad stuff like this.  :(

I really wish I could do something, but I'm helpless there and it feels bad. I'd even do commissions or something to earn some money for you, but not sure what could I offer as my skills are limited...

*sigh*

Though know, that I sincerely wish you the best and I hope, that everything will get better for you! Stay strong, my friend!

Also it felt awkward to brohoof the post, because how can anypony give a like to such a bad thing, if you know what I mean...

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

Now to be honest If I was over 18 and I lived by myself plus I lived in the same city as you I would let you temporary stay in my place but annoyingly it's impossible because of my current life status. Plus one of my dad's old friends got scammed on a fake PayPal website and had over $5000 spent on online shopping before he noticed that his credit card details had been stolen and only then did he cancel his credit card. But still things should be much better for you soon because of the donations. :)

• Brohoof 1

I'm so sorry to hear you have to go through that. I like to see the best in people and to believe they're honest. I know not everyone's trustworthy, but it still sickens me to hear about people doing this. I can't imagine what it's like to be in the situation you and your family are currently in. I wish I could give more than I'm currently able to, it's not enough. Maybe I can give more with my next paycheck. Regardless I'll definitely be keeping your family in my prayers. Hang in there!

• Brohoof 2

UPDATE:

Still searching, but the kids being back in school has helped give my wife and I time to breathe.

We're having issues finding a place that will take us; our income is miserably small... but the search continues, because it MUST.

Those who kindly donated, we can't thank you enough. It's my intention, once we get settled somewhere, to make a thank you vid for you all; I don't know what content yet... but I plan on having my kids involved, that's for sure.

*hugs*

• Brohoof 3

I really hope that everything works out for you (because being homeless sucks, I learned that myself). I had hoped that I could donate by now, but my search for work has still been fruitless. :(

Take care of yourselves. Here's hoping that everything gets back on track soon.

• Brohoof 2

@@Randimaxis,

As someone who's s​tared down the very real possibility of sleeping under a bridge with no one to help me, I feel your pain, and know that fear. I donated what I could, and would like to donate again in the future. I hope life turns things around for you and your family!

Edit: Late to the party again. Whoop de Doo!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm scared.

Today I found out that we might not be able to make it another month.

All the kind and wonderful donations you folks have sent us have gone DIRECTLY into application fees for getting into a place, as well as feeding my family. However, those funds have been exhausted... and we still don't seem to be catching a break.

At this point, I'd like to ask for a different kind of help - help finding a place.

Use your browser... network... call people... see what CAN be found. We have only been able to do so much on our end, and we're STILL trying. 

Money is helpful, but unless we can find somewhere that we can go, it won't last. We've been doing so much, pushing so hard, searching and searching and searching...

I've been praying and crying over all this. Life really is NOT fair... and it's coming down all around us. Please, help us look... help us find a place for a family of four (+ cat), around $600 - 800 a month, in the Decatur, Georgia area (though we can relocate to someplace in the nearby area).

Be our eyes. Be our strength. Be our saviors. Please help us find something.

Thank you for your time.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

There is a light. 

A wonderful friend of our family has decided to move back to Georgia after a disappointing time in another state. They already know & love the kids, and have agreed to go in with us on finding a place.

Granted, this will be in 2-3 weeks... so as long as we can make it 'til then, we will have a more stable place to live.

Getting this far would NOT have been possible without the help of all of you who did anything for us - even if all you could give were words if encouragement. You folks have NO idea how many times I've read over the kind condolences and rousing support these past few months; you've brought me out of misery more times than I can count.

Thank you, one and all.

We're almost out of the woods, so keep up those prayers, good thoughts and effigy burnings - however you do - because the darkness is nearing the end... and there's hope. There's warmth and comfort.

There's a light.

("... over at the Frankenstein plaaaaace...")

• Brohoof 3