Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies and fashion at the MLP movie

ManaMinori

I'm just curious- are there any bronies who will go to the move wearing outfits that draw attention? Perhaps full-sized horse cosplay, or onesies? I'm tempted to DIY a coord outfit that's in a sweet lolita style, with pony accessories, but I fear it might be too much and that I might draw too much attention to myself.

• Brohoof 3

I have to say going to the movie wearing a cosplay outfit is ridiculous, excessive and not a good idea. That would draw an enormous amount of attention. Personally speaking the furthest i would ever consider going would be wearing a simple Brony tee-shirt. Nothing over the top but still expressive of your admiration for the movie you are about to see. Another option is you could forgo wearing pony merch entirely and just go in to enjoy the movie like everyone else. Overall simple things like shirts and pendants are perfectly fine but full on cosplay is just out of the question. A convention is one thing and cosplay is acceptable and expected there as its an appropriate time and place but out in the general public at a normal movie theater its just going to make a scene and make the cosplayer and everyone else uncomfortable. Just my 2 bits.  

• Brohoof 3

I've been to four Star Wars films, two Trek films, and six of the eight Harry Potter films in some for of costuming or cosplay. Its not a big deal for me to go to a film dressed up. My two teenage kids will likely go in full character cosplay  Me? I'll probably clip on some ears to my Brony Dad hat. I'm saving my efforts for The Last Jedi! 

Also wearing lolita fashion is a bit out of place. It would be one thing to dress like Rarity, Twilight, or Dash, but lolita isn't exactly what fans typically think about when they think of FiM. 

• Brohoof 2

The people crying out that cosplay is the worst and will ruin the movie and literally cause the end of the world are the ones who make me want to arrive in a brand-spanking-new fursuit. Alas, I'm not exactly swimming in money, so I will settle for my Rainbow Dash bling.

• Brohoof 4

41 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I've been to four Star Wars films, two Trek films, and six of the eight Harry Potter films in some for of costuming or cosplay. Its not a big deal for me to go to a film dressed up. My two teenage kids will likely go in full character cosplay  Me? I'll probably clip on some ears to my Brony Dad hat. I'm saving my efforts for The Last Jedi! 

Also wearing lolita fashion is a bit out of place. It would be one thing to dress like Rarity, Twilight, or Dash, but lolita isn't exactly what fans typically think about when they think of FiM. 

I've seen cute loli of the mane 6 before. It's a lifestyle for some people, so its Normal to go out in it. Not for me, personally, but i would like to support both my interests with pony Lolita. (or Gothic)

1 minute ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

so its Normal to go out in it

I'm completely fine with people wearing lolita wear in public, but it most certainly isn't seen as normal by the general public. 

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I'm completely fine with people wearing lolita wear in public, but it most certainly isn't seen as normal by the general public. 

True, but who's to say what defines normal? It's entirely subjective, and people go out in their pajamas around here.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Lolita isn't cosplay, fyi

It's weird and will make parents call the police. No costumes at all.

1 hour ago, GeekySonic said:

The people crying out that cosplay is the worst and will ruin the movie and literally cause the end of the world are the ones who make me want to arrive in a brand-spanking-new fursuit. Alas, I'm not exactly swimming in money, so I will settle for my Rainbow Dash bling.

Actually it will because parents will warn that there are a bunch of  creepy people (not my words) at the theater.

Edited by TheGOAT
Less offensive

25 minutes ago, TheGOAT said:

It's weird and will make parents call the police. No costumes at all.

Actually it will because parents will warn that there are a bunch of "autistic weirdos" (not my words) at the theater.

Respectfully, I disagree. There's a line between cosplay and dressing up, and coming off as a creep. Although wearing certain clothing to a Children's Movie, would be a big no no, dressing up as a Character or something from the world, is a fun way to express yourself and can even add a little bit of magic for younger ones attending the screening. Although I wouldn't go full out cosplaying myself for the MLP Film, for the recent star trek & star wars films me and my mates were in full cosplay. If you're on your own, attending the movie by yourself, you might want to tone it down a little, but for a group of friends, it's always a hoot!

As much as I understand where your coming from and can see how it could appear "creepy' to parents when people go overboard, you are overreacting somewhat. Your use of the quote "Autistic Weirdos" isn't very much appreciated as well mate, and I highly doubt that it will have any, if all, effect on the Sucess of the film.

• Brohoof 3

considering that 90% of the time will be spent sitting in the dark I don't think it will really matter.

I probably will just go in normal clothes

• Brohoof 2

35 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

True, but who's to say what defines normal? It's entirely subjective, and people go out in their pajamas around here.

The opinions that determine what is normal are subjective, but what what is considered normal by society is something that can be measured. It's a naive teen pop-idea that perception cannot be analyzed. We all want to feel more comfortable in our choices, but truth (as always) resists simplicity. 

3 hours ago, GeekySonic said:

Imagine a bunch of friends in full suits dance up to their seats wordlessly dressed as the mane6 and the princesses.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2017 at 11:19 AM, cmarston1 said:

Hopefully not in full on fursuits, but I would be okay with people wearing MLP t shirts, seeing how that wouldn't be too distracting.

I wouldnt expect fursuits at all at this release. Or at least if there are it would probably just be at the first possible showing at a large theater.

You REALLY gotta be hardcore to go in, in fur suits but even if you did you'ed have to take the head off to see the movie and basically break the fursuit immersion rule. At best you'd see regular cosplayers but I never saw ANY of that for the EqG theater viewings.

On 5/21/2017 at 8:03 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Not going to cosplay because I have better ways to spend my money. I'd rather go with my leather jacket 

A coooooooOOOOOL leather jacket?

1 hour ago, SONICchaos said:

A coooooooOOOOOL leather jacket?

It less of a cool biker leather jacket, also of those delinquents of the 80s, but more formal and elegant night life leather jacket-cool ;). Why the hay no? This movie is a special night, I'll dress my best when it comes :proud:

• 3 weeks later...