Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Disney Thread

Sparklefan1234

6 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@ChB @Steel Accord

I've only seen The Three Caballeros on an episode of "Disney's House of Mouse", TBH.

latest?cb=20140219125418

You disappoint me, @Sparklefan1234

I was born in 1990. They had the 3 Caballeros on VHS, which I've watched all the time back then.

Heck, they cameo as puppets in the Mexico section of "It's a Small World" at Disneyland as well as do Meet and Greets during the Holidays at California Adventure park to go with their Feliz Navidad celebrations.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

14 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"An Extremely Goofy Movie" asked one of the most important questions in Disney history. :o

I actually first watch this on VHS in 2000 with my recently widowed dad. And he related to the 70's Stuff Goofy and his love interest talked about. At the glove thing, Dad joked saying it was part of the joke.

But in reality, the goofy character originated in the 1920s in black and white times where gloves were needed to help distinguish hands and fingers from the rest of their bodies.

In fact, with Daffy Duck of the Looney Tunes, a white outline is drawn to make his black hands visible in front of his black body. Like in this picture:

5a6594d575621_download(7).png.8a236541ac9fbe1d628ecb1e68472c5e.png

• Brohoof 1

On ‎08‎-‎01‎-‎2018 at 10:58 PM, ultrairongorilla said:

Wreck it Ralph 1 is really really good, definitely check it out when you get a chance. I recommend going into it completely blind though.

Wreck-it Ralph are one of my favorite movies from 2012.

• Brohoof 2

On 1/19/2018 at 8:25 PM, WiiGuy2014 said:

You disappoint me, @Sparklefan1234

I was born in 1990. They had the 3 Caballeros on VHS, which I've watched all the time back then.

Heck, they cameo as puppets in the Mexico section of "It's a Small World" at Disneyland as well as do Meet and Greets during the Holidays at California Adventure park to go with their Feliz Navidad celebrations.

91 also had it on video. :)

(edited)
2 hours ago, ultrairongorilla said:

Does anybody else remember Meet The Robinsons?

I've seen the trailer with the T-Rex but, that's all I know about "Meet the Robinsons".

latest?cb=20100420170055

Edited by Sparklefan1234

2 hours ago, ultrairongorilla said:

Does anybody else remember Meet The Robinsons? I have some newfound appreciation for that movie nowadays. Plus I find it hilarious that the Bowler Hat Guy was basically the first brony.

I love the ending message. And especially who said it. 

Plus, it had some hilarious in hindsight moments with Super Mario Odyssey's hat-capturing ability and at some point a character tells another character to "Don't let it go" 6 years before it would become a contrasting meme.

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I've seen the trailer with the T-Rex but, that's all I know about "Meet the Robinsons".

latest?cb=20100420170055

16 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I love the ending message. And especially who said it. 

Plus, it had some hilarious in hindsight moments with Super Mario Odyssey's hat-capturing ability and at some point a character tells another character to "Don't let it go" 6 years before it would become a contrasting meme.

Meet the Robinson's really is a hidden gem, and has one of their best morals I think they've ever put into their movies. I even put the movie's quote as my motto, that's how it resonates with me.

Holy crap, I didn't even think about the Pre-Mario Odyssey reference. Your totally right.:D

Edited by ultrairongorilla
  • Brohoof 2

Just now, ultrairongorilla said:

Meet the Robinson's really is a hidden gem, and has one of their best morals I think they've ever put into their movies. I even put the movie's quote as my motto, that's how it resonates with me.

Hoky crap, I didn't even think about the Pre-Mario Odyssey reference. Your totally right.:D

Yeah, just look at this comparison photo:

98e.png.611b85a54ec5adb5ba0ca35297b5fc08.png

• Brohoof 3

I just watched Fantasia a few months ago for the first time, and I can say now, it's one of my favorite movies of all time.

A bit of trivia, Deems Taylor the guy who introduces the shorts, had his voice redubbed in the newer re-releases by Corey Burton, because they couldn't restore Deems Taylor's voice for the remastered voices, because it was too badly damaged. If you have the VHS 1990 version like I do, it's absolutely worth keeping for Deems Taylor's original voice audio.

Edited by ultrairongorilla
  • Brohoof 4

Fits better here:

Disney Animation is so awesome in showing how Cartoons can actually bring a variety of emotions to people. Just look at the TV Tropes pages for moments of Funny, Awesome, Heartwarming, TearJerking, and Nightmare Fuel.

Without Disney, the whole animation industry wouldn't be where it is today and we wouldn't have Friendship is Magic.

• Brohoof 4

A wise man once said:

You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Spoiler

— Walt Disney

on the topic of Periphery Demographic

A notable bunch of audience members outside of the intended (i.e., marketed) demographic. 

As this page points out, Friendship is Magic is likely the biggest example in all of Western Animation. And a lot of Disney examples can be found under Animated Films on the main page of the topic.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

@Sparklefan1234

You, me and so many other know why the Existence of Disney throughout the decades have help proved animation can be a powerful, emotional thing, right?

Right! Disney movies can make any person of any age feel a wide range of emotions.

smile-today-mickey-mouse-orlando-espinos

• Brohoof 1

On 2/1/2018 at 1:09 AM, Hierok said:

Maybe you would like this. :)

Jesus Christ, ALL OF MY YES! latest?cb=20121023062315

On 2/2/2018 at 12:59 AM, WiiGuy2014 said:

A wise man once said:

You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Reveal hidden contents

— Walt Disney

on the topic of Periphery Demographic

A notable bunch of audience members outside of the intended (i.e., marketed) demographic. 

As this page points out, Friendship is Magic is likely the biggest example in all of Western Animation. And a lot of Disney examples can be found under Animated Films on the main page of the topic.

You're one of the few guys I know who can also pull that quote off the top of their head. /)

On 2/2/2018 at 1:47 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Right! Disney movies can make any person of any age feel a wide range of emotions.

smile-today-mickey-mouse-orlando-espinos

Similar to how just looking at Pinkie or the others makes me grin. Mickey has a similar effect. X)

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 3

@Steel Accord

Walt's Words:

"I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether we be six or sixty. Call the child 'innocence'. The worst of us is not without innocence, although buried deeply it might be. In my work I try to reach and speak to that innocence, showing it the fun and joy of living; showing it that laughter is healthy; showing it that the human species, although happily ridiculous at times, is still reaching for the stars."

• Brohoof 4