Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Disney Thread

Sparklefan1234

Here are some songs from my personal favorite Disney movie of all time. To this day I still think this is Alan Menken's best work he's ever done. This is the movie I have to thank for making me appreciate Disney, and film in general. I first watched this movie in my french class in 7th grade, and I absolutely loved it. I think every Disney fan needs to see this movie at some point in their lives.

Edited by ultrairongorilla
  • Brohoof 6

3 hours ago, ultrairongorilla said:

Here are some songs from my personal favorite Disney movie of all time. To this day I still think this is Alan Menken's best work he's ever done. This is the movie I have to thank for making me appreciate Disney, and film in general. I first watched this movie in my french class in 7th grade, and I absolutely loved it. I think every Disney fan needs to see this movie at some point in their lives.

The Hunchback Of The Notre Dame is such a great movie. :twi:

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, RoyalAgate said:

I agree, but I will say I wasn't a fan of the gargoyles 

No, they did not much, but that's because they don't actually exist. Atleast that is how I think about it. I think they are illusions in Quasies mind and that he created them to be not so alone. :twi:

16 minutes ago, Hierok said:

No, they did not much, but that's because they don't actually exist. Atleast that is how I think about it. I think they are illusions in Quasies mind and that he created them to be not so alone. :twi:

Exactly! And for those who are annoyed by the apparent fact that they seemed alive during the 3rd act fight, just remember that they only interacted with Frollo's men, but NEVER Frollo himself, so just pretend that Quasimodo is imagining that they're helping him drive off Frollo's men. The actual fight against Frollo does not involve the trio at all.

Edited by WiiGuy2014

In the extended interviews bonus disc to "Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony", Lauren Fuast herself did stated she grew up with the earlier Disney Princesses and it had a small influence on her developing the G4 reboot. It's true. If Disney didn't exist, she likely wouldn't have developed the reboot in the way she did, and Friendship is Magic likely wouldn't be as good as it is now.

• Brohoof 1

Cut the snark people; considering the conditions set by the opening thread. It was only a few posts, but be mindful of what you post so that you don't end up antagonizing others.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 1

Walt Disney's Quote of the Day:

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

Bonus points to who can name the animated movie this quote ended with!

• Brohoof 4

I'm honestly not sure where that quote ended up.

My favourite Disney movie still remains with Lilo and Stitch. The Elvis soundtrack sold it, but those watercolour backgrounds are just amazing!:D

giphy.gif.f08873c281f8e114a32a8edd6b33c4e2.gif

• Brohoof 2

25 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Cut the snark people; considering the conditions set by the opening thread. It was only a few posts, but be mindful of what you post so that you don't end up antagonizing others.

Thank you.

May I ask which posts you mean with this? To prevent it in the futher. :fluttershy:

On 2/3/2018 at 6:19 AM, Hierok said:

I just thought they took away from the more serious tone, but It would make sense for Quasimodo to make more 'silly' imaginary friends. 

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, RoyalAgate said:

I just thought they took away from the more serious tone, but It would make sense for Quasimodo to make more 'silly' imaginary friends. 

From what I heard, if the Gargoyles weren't there to offset the drama, the film likely wouldn't get a G rating. I see that as a good thing, since it helps to show G-rated films are not "For kids only".

• Brohoof 2

Walt's Words of the Day:

"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're  people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought--sometimes it isn't much, either"

I have a whole book with hundreds of quotes, so I'll have something to add here each day if you'll allow me, @Sparklefan1234? Give me a Teacup if you agree.

• Brohoof 3

44 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I have a whole book with hundreds of quotes, so I'll have something to add here each day if you'll allow me, @Sparklefan1234? Give me a Teacup if you agree.

Ok. How about Chip from Beauty and the Beast, Trixie & Starlight Glimmer?

Pony and The Teacup by Bio-Iridescence

:P

• Brohoof 2

On 2/3/2018 at 12:21 AM, ultrairongorilla said:

On 2/3/2018 at 3:54 AM, Hierok said:

The Hunchback Of The Notre Dame is such a great movie. :twi:

That IS my favorite Disney movie. For a lot of reasons but one of the biggest ones is that it feels deeply personal to me. It is one of those movies though that you don't realize how important it was in your formative years until long after those formative years have passed. It really didn't occur to me until Moana came out and so many were saying how much it helped to see their heritage represented in such an uplifting way, how culturally reassuring Hunchback was to me growing up. I'm not French, and if I am by ancestry it's pretty far removed, but what I am is Catholic.

Now, I love my country to my core. It is, however, a secular state with no official religion. (Which is a good thing, don't misinterpret me.) Even with that, the predominant faith is still different sects of Protestantism. Growing up watching the Hunchback of Notre Dame, I loved the songs and the characters but one thing I never noticed was how comfortable I was in the setting. Whenever there's a scene set in Notre Dame, I wasn't transported to another world or seeing some exotic culture, I was in the same place I was every Sunday. The aisles of pews, the statues of saints and the virgin Mary, the stained glass windows high above, the priests singing a Latin prayer while swinging a cistern of incense, it was broadly Christian, yes, but it was also authentically Catholic. The fact that, for me this was old hat but for others, even other Christians, it appeared novel and different, never occurred to me until recently and it made me more appreciative of not only Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame in particular but how other people seeing their unique culture's on film probably feel. Of course, the film has a certain level of universal appeal, just as a Catholic viewer though, I'm grateful to this movie for giving me and mine respect without being condescending and showing others a tiny window into Catholic culture.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, ultrairongorilla said:

Out of curiosity are there any Disney sequels that anybody likes? I actually didn't mind Pocahontas 2, and the Lilo and Stitch sequels to be honest.

I like "Lion King 2" and "Lion King 1 1/2" with Timon and Pumbaa. There's a majority consensus that says out of all the Direct to Video/DVD sequels, "Cinderella 3: A Twist in Time" was actually the least awful of them. And I love that one for giving the Prince more screen time and actually making him a character and not just an archetype in the Original 1950 Cinderella film (I thought the Prince was okay in the first, but so much better in the 3rd.)

• Brohoof 2

19 minutes ago, ultrairongorilla said:

Out of curiosity are there any Disney sequels that anybody likes? I actually didn't mind Pocahontas 2, and the Lilo and Stitch sequels to be honest.

Both Aladdin sequels actually. I really loved those. I mean, Jafar's "you'd be surprised what you can live through" line alone is baked into my memory and Aladdin and Cassim have a very interesting interplay with their lost, refound, and not exactly rosy connection.

• Brohoof 3

10 minutes ago, Steel Accord said:

Both Aladdin sequels actually. I really loved those. I mean, Jafar's "you'd be surprised what you can live through" line alone is baked into my memory and Aladdin and Cassim have a very interesting interplay with their lost, refound, and not exactly rosy connection.

I especially love Iago's Heel-Face Turn in "Return of Jafar". He was the first reformed villain I've ever seen in any media!

For Iago, no less and this cements his Heel–Face Turn. Jafar's seconds from winning and gloating about it like the Smug Snake that he is. When he tells Al that "there's no one to save [him] this time", you hear four very screechy but most awesome words.

Iago: Hey, Jafar! SHUT UUUUUUP!

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, ultrairongorilla said:

I would say The Little Mermaid 2 and The Lion King 1 1/2 are okay.

If Pixar counts, I loved Monsters University, as well as Toy Story 2 and 3.

• Brohoof 3

Just now, ChB said:

Yeah, that one was okay, too. Especially the contest.

No Roxanne to be seen though. 

That's one of Disney's great mysteries (Not really): "What happened to Roxanne from "A Goofy Movie""?*

*I mean, after her date with Max at "The House of Mouse" which, was awesome.

latest?cb=20121018021518

• Brohoof 2