Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Disney Thread

Sparklefan1234

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

No Roxanne to be seen though. 

That's one of Disney's great mysteries (Not really): "What happened to Roxanne from "A Goofy Movie""?*

*I mean, after her date with Max at "The House of Mouse" which, was awesome.

I've never seen "The House of Mouse" yet, but that's one of my favorite Disney ships. :) 

tumblr_p31600kYkr1tv7j8do1_1280.jpg

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 2/6/2018 at 7:25 PM, ChB said:

I've never seen "The House of Mouse" yet, but that's one of my favorite Disney ships. :) 

Max/Roxanne is the only Disney ship I support besides the obvious Micky/Minnie, Donald/Daisy etc.

11b6021dd3ae4c934767cfbe3481f2f6--disney

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

On 2/2/2018 at 9:21 PM, ultrairongorilla said:

Here are some songs from my personal favorite Disney movie of all time. To this day I still think this is Alan Menken's best work he's ever done. This is the movie I have to thank for making me appreciate Disney, and film in general. I first watched this movie in my french class in 7th grade, and I absolutely loved it. I think every Disney fan needs to see this movie at some point in their lives.

This is one of those movies that were my least favorites as a kid (I had no idea what was going on), but became one of my favorites when I re-watched as an adult. Hellfire is my favorite of the four, and my 2nd favorite villain song. And let's not forget the beginning of the opening theme song! :) 

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, ultrairongorilla said:

Out of curiosity are there any Disney sequels that anybody likes? I actually didn't mind Pocahontas 2, and the Lilo and Stitch sequels to be honest.

Lion king sequals, Aladdin sequals, Hunchback sequal (even if I liked him more when I was young) and brother bear 2.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, ChB said:

I would say The Little Mermaid 2 and The Lion King 1 1/2 are okay.

If Pixar counts, I loved Monsters University, as well as Toy Story 2 and 3.

Little Mermaid 2 was also pretty good. Given at what age I saw it, it was . . . really weird to see Ariel as a Mom. Not bad weird, just weird. Also makes for an interesting flip, Mom wants the land, her daughter wants the sea.

All of those Pixar movies were great. M.U. as a Pixar take on college movies was a riot. Need I even say what made Toy Story 2 & 3 good?

• Brohoof 3

13 hours ago, ultrairongorilla said:

Out of curiosity are there any Disney sequels that anybody likes? I actually didn't mind Pocahontas 2, and the Lilo and Stitch sequels to be honest.

For me, Bambi 2 is actually a pretty good film. Maybe even a great one IMO. Granted it's more of a midquel than a sequel, but the story it tells is actually a good one. Not to mention that there was a LOT of effort in the animation, backgrounds, and the like. Overall, it's just a pleasant film. Not necessarily the level of the original, but damn near close.

• Brohoof 5

1 hour ago, PathfinderCS said:

For me, Bambi 2 is actually a pretty good film. Maybe even a great one IMO. Granted it's more of a midquel than a sequel, but the story it tells is actually a good one. Not to mention that there was a LOT of effort in the animation, backgrounds, and the like. Overall, it's just a pleasant film. Not necessarily the level of the original, but damn near close.

Didn't see it yet, but you make me wondering. I think I give it a look soon.

Also still need to see Coco. Hopefully it's good. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Spoiler

Plus there was that chilling scene where a hunter uses a deer caller but to Bambi it sounds like his mom calling to him! I mean Christ that is creatively messed up!

3 hours ago, Hierok said:

Didn't see it yet, but you make me wondering. I think I give it a look soon.

Also still need to see Coco. Hopefully it's good. :fluttershy:

I just saw it the other night. It is SO good! Like, Pixar is at it again with the emotional gut punches, good.

• Brohoof 2

I actually took a photo of Walt's Words today in Epcot on what his vision is about the Disney Theme Parks in general:

20180209_093038.thumb.jpg.e08bead4b465829d8c7aa6ea5da8a70b.jpg

That's the goal: Let the Guests forget their troubles for a while and enjoy themselves in "other worlds". As long as we come back to reality sooner or later, I see no trouble in believing in a Fantasy World. React if you agree.

• Brohoof 4

On 2/9/2018 at 2:41 PM, WiiGuy2014 said:

I actually took a photo of Walt's Words today in Epcot on what his vision is about the Disney Theme Parks in general:

20180209_093038.thumb.jpg.e08bead4b465829d8c7aa6ea5da8a70b.jpg

That's the goal: Let the Guests forget their troubles for a while and enjoy themselves in "other worlds". As long as we come back to reality sooner or later, I see no trouble in believing in a Fantasy World. React if you agree.

Part of the reason the parks work so well that way is that is that they hide all the cogs. Any theme park related machinery or the like is disguised or hidden. If it doesn’t look like it belongs in the setting, you don’t see it.

41 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@WiiGuy2014

What is your favorite Classic Disney Short?  (Sorry, if I've asked this already.)

Mickey, Donald, Goofy by zdrer456

You're asking me to pick a single short staring any of the Fabulous 5 (Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie, Pluto), that's impossible because I can count the shorts that I DIDN'T enjoy on one hand. Most are them are great, but I especially love the How To Goofy shorts.

Plus if you're a Goofy fan, I recommend this video about the more interesting Goofy shorts from the Golden Age of Animation 

Your response, @Sparklefan1234?

• Brohoof 3

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

but I especially love the How To Goofy shorts.

I love those, too! Goofy is my second favorite member of The Fab 5 after Donald Duck.

Also, my favorite solo Classic Disney Short is "Early to Bed" starring Donald Duck & my favorite Mickey, Donald & Goofy cartoon is "Clock Cleaners".

latest?cb=20120625164133 latest?cb=20120224214014

• Brohoof 3