Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

List of things each character needs before the show ends

FlareGun45

(edited)

Of course the show needs to end someday, there's no doubt about that! Nothing lasts forever! But one thing I'm afraid of is the show ending prematurely, and there are still quite alot of questions that still need answering before the show ends for each character. Now I don't think ALL our questions will be answered before it ends, but I'm hoping some of the most important ones at least get answered! Some are more needed than others! The ones with the star on them are the most important questions that need answering!

After this, feel free to comment below on the things you feel like that needs to be done before the series ends!

Twilight Sparkle
* Needs an episode with AJ.
* Needs an episode with Rarity.

(Most of Twilight's arcs are completed, and there's always gonna be new stuff with her!)

Pinkie Pie
* Needs an episode with Fluttershy.
* Needs an episode with Spike.
* Needs an episode with the CMCs.
* How does Pinkie's family feel about her leaving the farm?
* An episode with the Cake twins as toddlers.

Applejack
* Needs an episode with Twilight.
* Could use an episode with Starlight.
* AJ's parents' fate. (Probably not gonna happen)

(There's not really much of AJ that is needed after her parents, and also she seems to have everything she needs in life!)

Rainbow Dash
* An episode answering Lightning Dust's fate and how she feels about it.*
* An episode featuring the return of Wind Rider. (I wouldn't mind not seeing that though, but LD is important)
*  Could use an episode with Starlight.

Rarity
* An episode about her business having a rival.
* An episode featuring the return of Suri Polomare.
* A final decision on what to do with Sparity. Are they gonna end up together, or is he gonna not crush on her anymore? Probably the latter, but we need a conclusion to this.*

Fluttershy
* Needs an episode with Pinkie.
* Needs an episode that explains more about her fear of dragons, and fascination for baby ones.

Spike
* An explanation to how Spike ended up at Princess Celestia's school.*
* His family.*
* A final decision on what to do with Sparity. Are they gonna end up together, or is he gonna not crush on her anymore? Probably the latter, but we need a conclusion to this.*
* A destiny. What is his true purpose in Equestria?*
* Needs an episode with Rainbow.
* Needs an episode with Flutters.
* Needs an episode with Starlight.*
* An explanation about his relationship with the Sparkle family.*

Cutie Mark Crusaders
* Still need to meet the Manehattan CMCs and proper conclusion to the Babs arc.*
* Needs more development with reformed Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.
* Needs an episode with Starlight.

Scootaloo
* Her family.*
* An explanation to her lack of flight, and/or meeting somepony else with another physical disorder so she can relate to them (other than Gabby not having a cutie mark).*

Starlight Glimmer
* A destiny. What is her true purpose in Equestria?*
* Needs an episode with Spike.*
* Could use an episode with AJ, Rainbow, Rarity, and Flutters.
* Her family.

Discord
* Meeting another draconequues.
* His origin.* (Though this could be saved for the comics if needed, but should be answered either way)

Princesses
* An exploration through the alicorn species and history.*

Other

* Zecora's homeland. Where did she come from? Also why did she leave?*
* Snips could use a chance to shine, much like Snails did in Buckball Season.

Villains
* Queen Chrysalis: A final revenge plan and fate. Will she be reformed, will she end up in Tartarus, or will she escape and promise to never return?*
* Lord Tirek: An explanation to the fate of Scorpan and how he feels about leaving Tirek behind. Probably a whole arc is needed here.*

Now it's your turn! I want to see what you feel like you need to see on the show before it ends!

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 2

13 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Rainbow Dash
* An episode featuring the return of Wind Rider. (I wouldn't mind not seeing that though, but LD is important)

I'd like an episode that develops her relationship with the WB's properly. As far as the show is concerned, when they aren't being portrayed as unlikeable d-bags, at best they're "a group of good flyers that fly with RD". In the comics however they actually feel like they're her friends

And maybe have her become captain in the future

24 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Starlight Glimmer
* Her family.

These two need to be flipped around. We already know how she and Spike work with The Crystaling, however she still does fuck all with the mane 6, and it's bullshit especially if they want to keep pushing her to be as important, if not, more, than the six without giving them any relationship.

27 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Discord
* His origin.* (Though this could be saved for the comics if needed, but should be answered either way)

Discord needs to build a better relationship with the rest of the Mane 6 too honestly

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Sorry, I agree with the Spike/Starlight idea. I love their relationship, mostly because she treats him with absolute respect. Starlight/Ember/Thorax are pretty much the Spike cheerleader squad, and they could do loads for his character development.

This... kinda looks more and more likely, looking at the list of episodes to come.

Edited by Philweasel

(edited)

I don't really think about the show this way, and several of these don't really feel like questions I need to be answered. Personally, I prefer entertaining stories to answered questions, and as of late the show has sometimes felt like it's checking off boxes. No reason it can't to both, but worrying too much about the former seems to affect the latter. 

I would like to know a bit more about Scootaloo's family and Spike's past, and Starlight needs some more development before her arc is satisfyingly completed, but the rest I could take or leave. I would like to see at least Rainbow Dash and Rarity face some kind of challenge within their careers, and I want to know if Twilight is ever stressed out by the responsibilities of a mentor and a princess, but I'm not convinced those will ever happen.

Another thing is that I'd like to see more of the Rainbow Dash/Rarity pairing, specifically in a context which allows them to bond over the shared experience of having achieved their long held dreams. Those two actually have a lot in common.

1 hour ago, MegaSean45 said:

A final decision on what to do with Sparity. Are they gonna end up together, or is he gonna not crush on her anymore? Probably the latter, but we need a conclusion to this.

Prior to season 7, I was sure they had already done this. I thought Spike's crush on Rarity was no longer a big thing after "Inspiration Manifestation," as it diminished pretty rapidly after that. I guess an episode where Spike finally gets over this crush which is absolutely never going to happen will be needed to finally answer the question.

1 hour ago, MegaSean45 said:

A destiny. What is his/her true purpose in Equestria?

I really don't feel this is necessary. Can't Spike and Starlight just exist to exist, like normal people on our planet? Must they have some greater purpose? I find all the predestination surrounding the mane six makes the less relatable, so I'd much rather Spike and Starlight *didn't* have a grand role to play.

Edited by AlexanderThrond

27 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I don't really think about the show this way, and several of these don't really feel like questions I don't need answered. Personally, I prefer entertaining stories to answered questions, and as of late the show has sometimes felt like it's checking off boxes. No reason it can't to both, but worrying too much about the former seems to affect the latter. 

I would like to know a bit more about Scootaloo's family and Spike's past, and Starlight needs some more development before her arc is satisfyingly completed, but the rest I could take or leave. I would like to see at least Rainbow Dash and Rarity face some kind of challenge within their careers, and I want to know if Twilight is ever stressed out by the responsibilities of a mentor and a princess, but I'm not convinced those will ever happen.

Another thing is that I'd like to see more of the Rainbow Dash/Rarity pairing, specifically in a context which allows them to bond over the shared experience of having achieved their long held dreams. Those two actually have a lot in common.

Prior to season 7, I was sure they had already done this. I thought Spike's crush on Rarity was no longer a big thing after "Inspiration Manifestation," as it diminished pretty rapidly after that. I guess an episode where Spike finally gets over this crush which is absolutely never going to happen will be needed to finally answer the question.

I really don't feel this is necessary. Can't Spike and Starlight just exist to exist, like normal people on our planet? Must they have some greater purpose? I find all the predestination surrounding the mane six makes the less relatable, so I'd much rather Spike and Starlight *didn't* have a grand role to play.

You can do that all you want! You watch the show to be entertained! Me, it's much more than that. I judge shows by their stories, which is why I made this list. But if you wanna watch it just to be entertained, I ain't stoppin' ya!

1 minute ago, MegaSean45 said:

You can do that all you want! You watch the show to be entertained! Me, it's much more than that. I judge shows by their stories, which is why I made this list. But if you wanna watch it just to be entertained, I ain't stoppin' ya!

I do care a little more about this show being funny than answering questions, but I also don't see why we need to know half of these. Things like "another Spike/Starlight episode" don't feel like loose ends to me. 

Spoiler

Twilight Sparkle

(Most of Twilight's arcs are completed, and there's always gonna be new stuff with her!)

• I actually want to see a princess episode with only the princesses, and maybe Discord, going on a trip.
  • And an episode with Trixie. I want to see how their relationship is after the season 6 finale.
Spoiler

Pinkie Pie
* How does Pinkie's family feel about her leaving the farm?
* An episode with the Cake twins as toddlers.

• From these 5 points I only feel like 2 are necessary. 'How does Pinkie's family feel about her leaving the farm?' and 'An episode with the Cake twins as toddlers.' I want to see, but the others aren't really on my list.
  • I also want to see a kind of motivation from Pinkie to do something bigger then her store in Ponyville. Maybe open a shop in another town, like Rarity.
Spoiler

Applejack

(There's not really much of AJ that is needed after her parents, and also she seems to have everything she needs in life!)

• I want to know how and why her parents died, or left them. Both is possible, but the parents dieing is more emotional and far better in my opinion.
  • The episode with Twilight is not really on my list either. The episode with Starlight would be fun. Maybe she may not use magic to help with the apple harvest.

Spoiler

Rainbow Dash

• Rainbow Dash only needs the return of Wind Rider and Lightning Dust. The rest I don't have to see.
  • I also want to see a mission of the wonderbolts with Rainbow included.
Spoiler

Rarity
* An episode about her business having a rival.
* An episode featuring the return of Suri Polomare.

• These I want to see too. Especially the Spartiy one. I needs to end!
Spoiler

Fluttershy
* Needs an episode that explains more about her fear of dragons, and fascination for baby ones.

• The last two are on my list as well. The first two aren't. Would be fun to see, but I wouldn't mind if they didn't these.
Spoiler

Spike
* His family.*

• The first two and the last one are already answered. He's bred by Twilight and so became a part of the school. And Twilight is his family
  • I really want to see the fourth. What is he suppose to do?
Spoiler

Cutie Mark Crusaders
* Still need to meet the Manehattan CMCs and proper conclusion to the Babs arc.*
* Needs more development with reformed Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.
* Needs an episode with Starlight.

Scootaloo
* Her family.*
* An explanation to her lack of flight, and/or meeting somepony else with another physical disorder so she can relate to them (other than Gabby not having a cutie mark).*

• I wouldn't mind if Babs never come back to the show. I don't like that child. :eww:
  • The Scootaloo family is really needed
Spoiler

Starlight Glimmer
* Her family.

• I also want to see her destiny in Equestria.
Spoiler

Discord

Princesses
* An exploration through the alicorn species and history.*

• I just want to know his origin. I prefer if is the only draconequues now. 
  • I also want to see the princesses origins and stories.
Spoiler

Other

* Zecora's homeland. Where did she come from? Also why did she leave?*
* Snips could use a chance to shine, much like Snails did in Buckball Season.

Villains
* Queen Chrysalis: A final revenge plan and fate. Will she be reformed, will she end up in Tartarus, or will she escape and promise to never return?*
* Lord Tirek: An explanation to the fate of Scorpan and how he feels about leaving Tirek behind. Probably a whole arc is needed here.*

• I just want Zecora's return. Her homeland is not something I'm waiting to see.
  • I want Tirek and Chrysalis to team up against Discord and the mane 6.
  • Snips needs his chance. Snails was awesome in Buckball season.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
9 minutes ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I do care a little more about this show being funny than answering questions, but I also don't see why we need to know half of these. Things like "another Spike/Starlight episode" don't feel like loose ends to me. 

Another? It never happened! It was mostly Starlight's story with Spike tagging along to help. I wanna see their friendship tested, yunno? THEIR story! Same with Spike and the of the Mane Six that's not Twilight and Rarity for a change! Focus on just them! It'd what I wanna see! I feel like it's needed! You don't have to, it's no big deal who agrees with me or not, my friend. I find the show funny too, but I like shows being adventerous! Experimenting on new things! That's what keeps the show fresh, and Rarijack episodes ain't that, in my opinion.

Edited by MegaSean45

They could knock a few things off on the Spike list by bringing Ember back. Be the point of the view to ask those questions.

Spike
* His family.*

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Another? It never happened! It was mostly Starlight's story with Spike tagging along to help. I wanna see their friendship tested, yunno? THEIR story! Same with Spike and the of the Mane Six that's not Twilight and Rarity for a change! Focus on just them! It'd what I wanna see! I feel like it's needed! You don't have to, it's no big deal who agrees with me or not, my friend. I find the show funny too, but I like shows being adventerous! Experimenting on new things! That's what keeps the show fresh, and Rarijack episodes ain't that, in my opinion.

I would very much like to see that too, but I wouldn't find it to be a huge problem if the show were to end by season 8 without them. Could be generalized into a category of "more variety," which is something the show needs to stay afloat - you won't find many people who dislike Rarijack episodes more than I do. 

16 minutes ago, Hierok said:
  • I just want Zecora's return. Her homeland is not something I'm waiting to see.

I've looked at future episode synopses, and without spoiling too much, let me just say that you're in luck. 

Anyway: 

Okay, one thing I definitely want to see before the show ends is more character development for Princess Cadance and Shining Armour. I like them because they look nice and have sweet personalities, but I feel Cadance especially could have so much more to her if she ever got more of a spotlight. 

If Pinkie episodes (and, in the future, Maud episodes, I guess) are gonna continue to be family-focused, I'd like to see a bit more of her other sisters - seems like people either like one or the other, but I want to see more of them both. Marble could use a bit more depth than being just cute and shy, and I'd love to see more of Limestone's friendlier side. There's a lot of potential in an Applejack/Limestone team up episode. 

• Brohoof 3

54 minutes ago, Fluttercordxx said:

They needed to say something about AJ's parents and decide if Sparity is cannon or not. 

Spoiler

Sparity is more needed now then the parents after the perfect pair.

(edited)

I have some things to add (My opinons anyways. If soemthings already happened please direct me to it.)

AJ's parents, are they ok or not

Fluttercord (Post Discordant Harmony) Cannon or not?

Origins of Celestia and Luna (Like their abilities)

And perhaps another background ponies episode. Ya know for general knowledge of the others like how Bonbon was a secret agent type pony.

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Agree with everything the op listed (except for Starlight)

Spike needs to have another episode with Little Stroongheart. Its been 6 years....

Star Dreams just needs to be in an episode. Even if its in the background, before the show ends.

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

I think we should be able to get an episode on nana pie.  Maybe an episode that focuses on Dr. Hooves/Time Turner and his time traveling.  I'd like to see a future episode with him at the last episode of the series so we can know what happens to everypony, giving a hype and sweat ending.

I read through the OP, mostly nodding in agreement. I think some of the [main character] needs episode with [main character] bullets aren't as important, same with the Spike episodes, but I wouldn't really mind either way.

The one thing I strongly want to reply to is this:

9 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

Applejack

No.

I think it's best left where it is, after what AJ said to Applebloom in the episode where the CMC get their Cutie Marks (something like "Mom and Dad would be so proud [of you]"), and after Season 7 Episode 13 "The Perfect Pear."

If you haven't seen that episode yet, since technically it hasn't aired yet except for Australia (and only we who cheat and watch the latest episodes online despite where they aired will have seen it), look forward to it, as it will definitely help with settling the deal about AJ's parents... 

Anyway, if you haven't seen "The Perfect Pear" yet, when you do go to watch it, just make sure to have your tissue box at arms reach, because you'll be needing it.

I don't think there needs to be any furthering around AJ's parents beyond "The Perfect Pear." And I promise, saying this spoils absolutely nothing. You're in for a train ride down Feels Lane when you go to watch it, though. :bedeyes:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
10 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

Twilight Sparkle

First of all, check out my blog on Character Spotlight episodes! You'll find that I've chosen at least one episode that focuses on any 2 of the main 6. Most of the things on your list can be answered there!

Anyway as for Twilight, I consider Season 1 "Applebuck Season" and Season 2 "Sweet and Elite", the episodes that fulfill those conditions. Twilight was being AJ's voice of reason in the former, while Rarity was trying to make a nice dress for Twi's birthday in the latter! Already Done!

Pinkie Pie

Season 6's "Buckball Season" has the Andrea Libermen-voiced characters playing Buckball for the fun of it!

Pinkie and Spike were co-commentators for the Running of the Leaves in Season 1's "Fall Weathered Friends"

Applejack

1. See above. "Applebuck Season"

2. Technically, Season 6's "Every Little Thing She Does" is a Starlight episode shared with all the Mane 5!

3. Already saw "Perfect Pear" (Honestly, their fate isn't important; it's how they impacted others!)

Rainbow Dash

1. Season 2's "Dragon Quest" was as close to a RD/Spike episode we've gotten!

2. See Above. "Every Little Thing She Does"

Rarity

1. See Above. "Sweet and Elite"

Fluttershy

1. "Buckball Season"

2. Fine. you got me on that one! 

3. "Every Little Thing She Does"

Spike
* His family.*

About his family and how he ended up at the school, I have my own fan fiction ideas just begging to be written someday soon.

Considering his actions in Season 6 helped the Dragon lands (Guantlet of Fire) and the Changelings (Times They Are a Changeling), it might be his destiny to unite other species together, or at least get the ball rolling!

Pinkie: "Fall Weathered Friends"

Rainbow: "Dragon Quest"

Flutters: Fine. You got me there!

CMC: Season 3's "Just for Sidekicks". They followed him to the Crystal Empire to get the pets back!

Starlight: Season 6's "The Crystalling" He gave Starlight all throughout the episode!

Cutie Mark Crusaders
.* Needs an episode with Spike.

CMC: Season 3's "Just for Sidekicks". They followed him to the Crystal Empire to get the pets back!

Starlight Glimmer

"The Crystalling" and "Every Little Thing She Does", respectively!

Okay, Let me make it clear again that I'm not criticizing you! I'm just pointing out the episodes that closely checks off some bullet points!

Please, I would like to hear your thoughts on my points!

Edited by WiiGuy2014

51 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

First of all, check out my blog on Character Spotlight episodes! You'll find that I've chosen at least one episode that focuses on any 2 of the main 6. Most of the things on your list can be answered there!

Anyway as for Twilight, I consider Season 1 "Applebuck Season" and Season 2 "Sweet and Elite", the episodes that fulfill those conditions. Twilight was being AJ's voice of reason in the former, while Rarity was trying to make a nice dress for Twi's birthday in the latter! Already Done!

Season 6's "Buckball Season" has the Andrea Libermen-voiced characters playing Buckball for the fun of it!

Pinkie and Spike were co-commentators for the Running of the Leaves in Season 1's "Fall Weathered Friends"

1. See above. "Applebuck Season"

2. Technically, Season 6's "Every Little Thing She Does" is a Starlight episode shared with all the Mane 5!

3. Already saw "Perfect Pear" (Honestly, their fate isn't important; it's how they impacted others!)

1. Season 2's "Dragon Quest" was as close to a RD/Spike episode we've gotten!

1. See Above. "Sweet and Elite"

1. "Buckball Season"

2. Fine. you got me on that one! 

3. "Every Little Thing She Does"

About his family and how he ended up at the school, I have my own fan fiction ideas just begging to be written someday soon.

Considering his actions in Season 6 helped the Dragon lands (Guantlet of Fire) and the Changelings (Times They Are a Changeling), it might be his destiny to unite other species together, or at least get the ball rolling!

Pinkie: "Fall Weathered Friends"

Rainbow: "Dragon Quest"

Flutters: Fine. You got me there!

Starlight: Season 6's "The Crystalling" He gave Starlight all throughout the episode!

"The Crystalling" and "Every Little Thing She Does", respectively!

Okay, Let me make it clear again that I'm not criticizing you! I'm just pointing out the episodes that closely checks off some bullet points!

Please, I would like to hear your thoughts on my points!

Well if we don't have these characters sharing an actual episode with each other, I'll consider this! ;) 

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

*Andrea Libman

• Brohoof 1

Starlight Glimmer- I want her to go down the path of being a teacher to a new Unicorn Student.  Personally, I would like it if it were one that wasn't selected by Twilight or CElestia, but chosen by Starlight to helped the troubled youngster

Discord- More interactions with Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie- More Interactions with the Cutie Mark Crusaders

Trixie- A Rival, perhaps?

Diamond Tiara- More episodes of her since her reform.  Perhaps showcasing her more as a friend in need.

Princess Celestia- A Royal PRoblem was a great way to expand on Celestia.  Keep this up.

Tirek- Make him a more sympathetic villain where the audience feels sorry for him(In fact, I hope his own tragic past at least gets enough kids to cry for him).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

First of all, I don't need the show to fulfill my expectations but it would be nice to see the following subjects explored at some point.

Twilight:

To understand how the Tree of Harmony helps Equestria and if it was planted or found by equestrian settlers.

Rainbow Dash:

Officially becoming second in command, just so we can forsee her as captain of the WB, but without getting rid of Spitfire.

Fluttershy:

To stop being afraid of the Everfree Forest for good and being recognized by its creatures as a caretaker of their kin.

Spike:

To grow wings and then being able to come and go to the Dragonlands (by himself).

Starlight:

To find her place out of the friendship castle and being able to fully enjoy life as it comes.

CMC:

To grow into teens (designwise) and to be summoned by the map on a cutie mark/friendship mission.

Zecora:

Her reason to move out of her homeland and settle near Ponyville.

Non character related:

Episodes in Vanhoover, Fillydelphia and Trottingham.

Edited by DonMaguz
  • Brohoof 1