Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Crushing On A Fictional Character?

Lucky Bolt

That's not a concept I'm really familiar with. I just don't ever feel that way about fictional characters. It's like someone has to be real as a requisite for me to get actual feelings.

...But if we go waaayyy back to when I was in high school, I might have had some that could lightly be considered so. I don't really recognize them as such anymore. Back then I hadn't developed a sexuality yet and was still wanting to believe that I liked boys, because, well, you know, I expected it. But these "crushes" were really silly, founded on nothing, and I'm only posting them here to be on-topic.

roxas-pointless.jpg

Roxas - He was put in a sad spot in KHII, his whole story being sad. He was a nice contrast to happy-go-lucky Sora that my angsty super-depressing teenage self gravitated toward.

ohshc_x_tsundre__tomboy_reader___tamaki_

Tamaki, how can I not love him? I still love this character. It'd be hard to find a more amusing character in all of anime. OHSHC is one of the top funniest series I have ever seen, and I always loved Tamaki - especially that super-dramatic side.

And that's really it. They were never actually crushes. As I said, I can't really comprehend crushing on someone that doesn't actually exist. I still don't know how to explain those above. I think it's because I generally find the way guys are drawn in anime to be much more aesthetically pleasing, and sadly most series I've watched are more male oriented, so the women usually aren't as developed as characters, and are also drawn to be attractive to men instead. But again, "aesthetically pleasing" does not make these characters actually attractive to me, so I don't understand "crushes" and "attraction" to fictional characters, especially cartoon/anime ones. But to each their own, I guess.

• Brohoof 4

I don't have an issue with individuals who have crushes on fictional characters unless it somehow interferes with their lives or other aspects.

I have a massive list of fictional characters I have crushes on but those of you who know me know who my #1 is...

C9a4niqU0AE8hxo.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I have a million fictional crushes! I'm a lonely, pathetic bastard! YAY! :yay:

Somebody help me...

Just a few:

Regina (Once Upon a Time)
Snow White (Once Upon a Time)
Brienne of Tarth (Game of Thrones)
Michonne (The Walking Dead)
Willow (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Anya (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Abby Sciuto (NCIS)
Felicity (Arrow)
Rarity (MLP: FiM--DUH)
Twilight (MLP)
Pinkie (MLP)
Fluttershy (MLP)
Gadget Hackwrench (Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers)
Colette (Ratatouille)

• Brohoof 4

Huh, I'm surprised no one else mentioned Cleo from the Catillac Cats yet:

1984_-_The_Catillac_Cats_-_Search_For_a_

I mean, leg warmers FTW, right? :orly:

She was one of the early ones in a long line of fictional crushes, and the first after I pretty much threw in the towel midway in my senior year of HS trying to find a real girl go on a date with me. =/

• Brohoof 2

I know this might be weird but one of my newest crushes is Jaal Ama Darav from Mass Effect: Andromeda, he's so adorable and that voice is pretty much the icing on the cake.

Image result for jaal ama darav gif

Besides him I've still got a pretty big crush on Fenris from Dragon Age 2, he's just so precious~!

Image result for fenris da2 gif

• Brohoof 1

I consider myself straight but even so I think I have a bit of a crush on Starlight Glimmer. She's just so cute with her constant mistakes and regret for her past, she's just adorable but in a way that doesn't feel forced like with Fluttershy.

image.thumb.png.b910294138f391c9748fce7157122fbb.png

Edited by Battenberg
  • Brohoof 1

I'm semi-surprised to see this topic. Hm.. I'm usually not that open about these things, but, as for me...

Imma admit that I was a weird child, so my very first fictional crush was on an alien. Kisshu from tokyo mew mew

then as a child it was Ikuto Tukiyomi from shugo chara, Ciel and Alois from Black Butler, Hichigo from Bleach, Oz form Pandora Hearts,and England and Russia from Hetalia. Discord for a little bit, Vinyl from MLP, Demyx from Kingdom Hearts, Snufkin (Snusmumriken) from Moomins, Jinx from Teen Titans, Yakko from Animaniacs, Toon!Link from Wind Waker, Tetra from Wind Waker, Reuben (625) from Lilo & Stitch the series and movies.

Disney specific: Robin Hood, Basil, Roger Rabbit, Batty (from Ferngully, it's not Disney), Bartok (Anastasia, again, not disney), Nick Wilde

and currently, I think its been obvious at the moment, but Yugo. From Wakfu Image result for wakfu yugo smile

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

My fictional crush, as you can tell by my name, is Coloratura. She's also my real life crush, perhaps the love of my life. I have like 20 pictures of her up on my bedroom wall. *happily sigh*

mlp_vector___coloratura__17_by_jhayarr23_dbawvbw-pre.png

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 5

8 hours ago, ILoveRara said:

My fictional crush, as you can tell by my name, is Coloratura. She's also my real life crush, perhaps the love of my life. I have like 20 pictures of her up on my bedroom wall. *happily sigh*

mlp_vector___coloratura__17_by_jhayarr23_dbawvbw-pre.png

Her voice actress was at Bronycon this year. 

• Brohoof 1

I truly love such topics. :wub:

I have a lot and I mean I lot of fictional crushes that from MLP time to time.

MLP FiM

Rainbow Dash (a crush, plus I have strong romantic feelings towards her as well)

Then there are:-

Luna/Nightmare Moon, Lyra Heartstrings, Rarity, Celestia/Daybreaker, Nurse Redheart, Bon Bon, Octavia, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Moondancer, Twilight Sparkle, Sunset, Starlight, Chrysalis, Princess Skystar

Along with all of them, I also have a certain "attraction" towards bat ponies. Especially the vampony kind. 

From Equestria Girls, Adagio is my favorite, followed by Sonata and then Aria. 

Edited by Luna's Admirer
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

Her voice actress was at Bronycon this year. 

That's what I heard too. Missed opportunity.

Unfortunately, I don't live in the country where BronyCon takes place. :(

Edited by ILoveRara
  • Brohoof 4