Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Salem University OOC (Open)

Duality

@Buck Testa

On an unrelated note, me and Duality were discussing a few odd topics, and topic that we encountered was absolutely horrifying. The feelings I had were ABSOLUTELY MIXED. And they still are. This would be like the best worst thing and worst best thing to happen.

Screenshot_2018-07-11-16-30-57.png

Screenshot_2018-07-11-16-31-12.png

• Brohoof 1

It would be majorly out of Ley's character to consent to this, but nothing stands in the way of forcing this to happen until the people responsible for logistics fix it or the two somehow, by a miracle, unimaginably actually manage to get along. More or less.

Yet, it is for certain that Ley will push for her own room, using any reasonable means available to her. Tho when she'd get it, that's a different story.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Passion said:

It would be majorly out of Ley's character to consent to this, but nothing stands in the way of forcing this to happen until the people responsible for logistics fix it or the two somehow, by a miracle, unimaginably actually manage to get along. More or less.

Yet, it is for certain that Ley will push for her own room, using any reasonable means available to her. Tho when she'd get it, that's a different story.

The two both have very large egos that could clash quite a bit, but I think theyd develop a mutual respect for eachother. Dru is plenty strong enough to earn that respect. 

First we need to play out this battle though. I have some real fun ideas lined up. 

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

@Duality @Denim&Venom @dragon4111

Well. One I would like to request that Dragon let his Janitor character be either injured or close too it. Dru is pulling out an event level attack that multiple teachers are now responding too. It would make sense that even with his skill and power he'd be overwhelmed, especially when he isn't trying to hurt her. 

As for the situation as a whole, I have ideas of how to wrap it up. I think it'll be quite entertaining.

Just now, dragon4111 said:

@Buck Testa

There will be since they've been firing at him none stop so it it taking a toll on his barrier.

Alternatively or additionally to becoming wounded or otherwise hard-pressed, Ghalan could realise that he's becoming overwhelmed and go on the move to try and avoid Dru's targeted attacks. He'd have to stay within the remains of the duelling hall, though, otherwise he'd be running the risk of drawing her fire towards occupied areas.

10 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Also thinking of having Mindy show off a sliver of her own unrestrained power, summoning a storm to fry Dru's trees and force her hand. 

That sounds like a solid technique for her, considering how tall the vines are getting and thus how much they'd draw lightning even without magical direction.

9 hours ago, Passion said:

4 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

The two both have very large egos that could clash quite a bit, but I think theyd develop a mutual respect for eachother. Dru is plenty strong enough to earn that respect. 

I'm thinking, since magic students tend to be on the wilful and independent side (at least judging from this batch of characters), the school would be working on a delicate balance between making interaction hard to avoid and giving each student their own space if they need it. Adjacent pairs of rooms with a single door connecting them through their shared wall (lockable from both sides but thin enough to conduct knocking and other sound exceptionally well) is the best compromise I've thought of thus far, but dorm layout ideas are more than welcome. :please:

• Brohoof 1

My apologies work was killing me earlier this week, I shall read up on the posts and reply today sometime. 

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

Ghalan sees her and now he will save her.

What's his plan for getting to her, though, considering that he's currently being punched by a powerful and very fast monster-thing? :o

I was just about to type that white holes are a purely theoretical concept and there is literally no evidence in physics they ever existed or have a chance to exist, but then I realized it's an RP and asked myself "Who cares?".

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
58 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Duality

Have you heard of a whitehole?

Ooh, them's some good physics. Are you going to have Ghalan open a black hole somewhere so that the white hole can blast out the matter that the black hole draws in, or is the white hole just going to blast out random matter/energy?

34 minutes ago, Passion said:

I was just about to type that white holes are a purely theoretical concept and there is literally no evidence in physics they ever existed or have a chance to exist, but then I realized it's an RP and asked myself "Who cares?".

I was thinking along the same lines, but I countered it with the realisation that the main reason most people suspect they don't exist is because there's no known physical mechanism for their creation. If one can control gravity like our friend Ghalan here, voila - we have a magical mechanism for their creation and the dilemma is solved! :P

EDIT: @dragon4111

Just remember to leave some room for Buck to decide how he wants the Dru-abomination-thing to react to Ghalan's attacks. He probably won't no-sell the white hole, but I can't imagine the abomination shrivelling up and dying quite that quickly. :grin:

Edited by Duality
  • Brohoof 1

Ghalan is really having a bad day today. After this all blows over I am more than certain he'll need a drink or two to calm the nerves for the evening.

I'm planning on Ira head towards the scene once stuff calms down, so once that lunch/break/cafeteria whatever bell rings, and IF he explains what transpired today, she might just drag him out even against his will. For ye olde times' sake as well.

But that would probably be the last event I'd have Ira partake for this specific day. As for Ley, it's library, maybe the dining hall and dorm.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Again Dragon, I emphasize that this battle isn't about brute force on your end. Even if you destroyed the construct you wouldn't fix the problem.

Dru has lost control of her magic. In a way, she never really had full control of it to begin with. Due to trauma and how powerful her magic is, the only way she could cope was to subconsciously develop a secondary, not fully formed persona to manage that aspect of her. 

In a sense, Her aura, her magic, has developed a personality of its own. It sort of resembles a barely trained dog. Normally she can get it to do what she wants with enough prodding, but it does it's own thing just as often. 

Right now, that proverbial dog is all riled up, Dru no longer has it by the leash, it is dragging her along with it instead. 

In other words, your battle is not exactly with any physical thing, it's with getting Dru and her aura to calm down. It ceased being a duel the second she lost control (which secretly was the whole point lol of this. I wanted it to be a surprise tho lol)

@Duality @Denim&Venom @dragon4111 @Arid_Blitz @Mentis Soliloquy

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

The theme of this fight, in my head anyway, is the dangers of childishly showing off. Dru got into this situation because she wanted to show off, and by doing so she worked her magic into such a frenzy that she's lost control of it. The Janitor got in this situation because he also is impulsive with how he uses his magic, however he has the years and experience to know that if he were to "show off" like Dru is he'd kill her if not other people. Duality got into this situation because she impulsively allowed it without considering the ramifications or the clues laid out for her.

-She has campus wide magical feats but doesn't know how to cast a single spell

-Shes clearly unstable and impulsive

-her aura is different and hasn't been properly analysed yet 

- It behaves based off of her emotional state, which, like previously mentioned, is compromised

Wreckless impulsivity, especially with things you don't understand, can lead to dangerous consequences fast. 

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Buck Testa

So then would it be alright if he knocked her out.

I'm against one hit Kos RN. I put a lot of cinematic flair into her boss mode form. What im thinking is the other teachers join in and help her back to her senses. 

6 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

@dragon4111 @Buck Testa 

With Dru coming out in final boss form, should I have Mindy go through with the storm summoning or should I go with a different one? Cause I had an idea on how Miko could get a hit in. 

Go for it. Just as long as you don't assume she's down for the count *aka godmodding* I'm down.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

@Buck Testa

Ok and since you probably don't want that whitehole thing to happen just yet.

What do you mean by a white hole exactly? Like I have a general idea of a white hole but I'm not sure what you're going to do with it?

Primarily what the Janitor and teachers should be looking for is deescalation. If Dru goes on like this for much longer she'll die, and there is no guarantee that knocking her out would even stop it. 

Edited by Buck Testa

Actually: @Duality remember that glyph you had Dru focus on earlier that ended up not working? Why not reappropriate it into this scenario and teach Dru how to calm her magic down on the fly to help save her life. It could be the first spell Dru learns. 

Oooooo I like that.