Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite things about Rarity

(edited)

What are some of your favourite things about EG Rarity?

I like that she is very confident and she is very kind and her personality is very playful.

I find her outfits and designs very cute and she is very creative.

I love her voice as well.

Edited by Guest

her voice.
how graceful she is at all times,even when she shrieks or faints(i love that coutch)
she's an artist
she dosen't compromise on the quality of her work
i'd better stop or i'll spam this post

• Brohoof 2

I like her because she is creative, elegant, inspirational, regal, luxuriant, beautiful, free, caring, cute, gentle, pretty, lovely, loving, stylish, artistic, kind, graceful, confident, interesting, calming, admirable, authentic, accepting, appreciative, benevolent, bright, captivating, celestial, charismatic, charming, comforting, compassionate, delicate, dependable, determined, divine, empowering, encouraging, exquisite, fair, fine, friendly, genuine, generous, gifted, giving, glorious, godly, good, guiding, harmonic, holy,  illustrious, immortal, magical, marvelous, merciful, open, original, passionate, patient, peaceful, perceptive, perfect, persevering, polite, powerful, precious, pure, selfless, sheltering, spectacular, understanding, vast, vivifying, worthy etc. as a character.

post-28950-0-09436700-1425227739.gif

• Brohoof 1

Her voice and her overly dramatic self, only matched by Trixie which happens to be my second favorite character in EQG.

The rest of the mane cast work better as ponies, Rarity shines as a pony and as a human girl.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

I love the fact that she's unafraid to ever put herself out there. She knows what she brings to the table and she does it well, all with her signature brand of flair and panache that we've come to expect. She's striking, unapologetic, and if may be so bold, easy on the eyes as well.

Needless to say, I'm a big fan of this thread.:grin:

• Brohoof 1

HOW IN ALL .... HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS? 

The old timers here know me well as someone who has a strong soft spot for this character and they may even remember all the reasons why. The in-world reasons are plentiful enough. Rarity is a complex character who has this great duality between her represented Element, and her business. Her passions seem materialistic or shallow, yet she can he exceedingly generous. As a father of a daughter, I respected Rarity as a reasonable role model for my kid. She is a self-mad mate who mixed talent with hard work to achieve her success. Her animations are also absolutely 

When I first started watching FiM I actually dismissed Rarity at first. I saw her as the character created to fulfill the girl unicorn fashion pony quota from Hasbro. It was shame because her Element is one of the six that I personally focused on most of my life and it’s become intertwined with my overall identity. Then starting with Suited For Success my opinion shifted and she slowly rose to be my favorite character on the show. 

• Brohoof 3

I've talked about this before, but I always just found Rarity to be a well-written and well-developed character in spite of being based on a pretty typical trope. I guess this could be said for all the main characters to be fair, but I feel it really works in Rarity's case in that she's pretty much based off of the "girly girl" trope yet still manages to be a strong character and just herself. She was dedicated to her work, but was willing to share it with others.

To be honest Rarity as a character in retrospect was just pretty inspirational to me. I kind of feel like, looking into how she was written, she just felt like herself, and that made me feel more confident in feeling like a softer, more effeminate male before realizing I was trans.

One thing I like about Rarity in Friendship is Magic is her struggle to balance her love of high society with her humble origins. She’s the subject of a lot of “be yourself” morals because of this; she wants to be accepted by the people she admires without turning her back on the people she loves. I like that, eventually, she overcame that problem with her own talent and hard work; I bet she doesn’t need to worry about the Canterlot upper crust insulting her friends now that she is a famous designer. 

Although, this thread is about Equestria Girls Rarity, who seems like she doesn’t have to deal with that...

But what the two do have in common is that they can pull off pretty much any look. Always fabulous, that Rarity. 

• Brohoof 1