Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it possible that some people in real life have the same kinds of personality as the mane 6?

ccb20yes

I think it's quite possible, guaranteed I'd go so far to say. All of the Mane 6 are pretty relatable characters, many agree, and there's a reason for the term, "relatable character". Because there's something in their personality that reminds you of yourself. :P

If you took Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle and combined their personality traits, that's me. My best friend is literally just Fluttershy in real life. And I often hear people saying that they picked their favorite character because they can relate to them really well. So, yes, I think it's more than likely that there are a lot of real-life people with the Mane 6 ponies' personalities. 

I would say so. Personally, I have the combined personality traits of Sunset Shimmer (post-redemption!), Twilight Sparkle (to a degree), Pinkie Pie (almost), with a small hint of Applejack and Rarity in there. People are complicated, I guess? :ooh:

Of course there are real life personalities like the Mane 6! The ponies are based on one type or another so it stands to reason there must be human counterparts, and enough of them to define such people as 'types.'

I don't see why not, even if the personalities are a bit exaggerated at times, there are likely plenty of people with similar or perhaps even identical personalities. :pinkie:

Let's not forget several of the characters on the show themselves are loosely/closely based on real people, like Cheese Sandwich and Weird Al Yankovich.

The mane 6 have personalities based on real people,so it's only natural that there are people like them, being in a cartoon though, they tend to have those personalities exagerated a bit.most people's personalities are a mix of more than one i think

A few years ago I volunteered at a summer camp for a little while and one of my fellow volunteers was pretty much the real-life equivalent of Rainbow Dash. My aunt is a lot like Rarity, with the exception of the "high class" accent and the interest in fashion design. I have a good friend who reminds me of Pinkie Pie. I had a friend in high school who was a lot like the less exaggerated Fluttershy we have seen in more recent seasons (see Fluttershy Leans In). And my own personality is similar to Twilight Sparkle, with elements of (reformed) Sunset Shimmer, Starlight Glimmer, and Princess Luna.

I think that kind of resemblance isn't a coincidence; these characters are meant to be relatable in order to engage the viewers.

Spoiler

I'd like to add that my younger brother is a lot like Spike. :nom:

• 2 years later...

It's likely I'd say. Writers usually base their characters on real people. Thought characters might be a fusion of a few personalities. And I don't think there are people with such kindness without their inner demons

The personalities of the mane six are based on stereotypes. Stereotypes are based on exaggerated real attributes. So there will be people with those attributes but the main six are an idealized version of a person like that because is based on imagination and fantasy where you can control how a person grows and what path they take. Not so much in real life. People have flaws and unexpected turns. But if you like certain personality type then sure, there's people similar to that out in the world.

• Brohoof 2

• 9 months later...

There are what, 7.5 billion people? Maybe there are people who are similar to the mane 6, but the parsonalities of the mane 6 are based on stereotypes, real people usually are more complex than that.

• 1 month later...
On 2021-07-15 at 11:25 PM, Paleopony said:

Me too!

Actually these two describes also a big part of Personality :> 

I also think with so many people living on earth the chances a really good to have some people very close to them around. Maybe not completely identical but very close.

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure there are plenty of people who share those same attributes. I knew a girl in high school who struck me as very similar to Twilight in the first episode of FiM. That being said, people are complicated, so even if they seem similar at face value, there are probably a lot more differences than you'd initially think.

• Brohoof 1