Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Which Infinity Stone would you most want to have?

KillerKingBakudan

That's assuming you could use them safely with no risk of being destroyed by them. No gauntlet is needed to harness their power.

Which stone would you take?

28647160_ScreenShot2018-08-15at5_47_07AM.png.42df38145ab6c34aeb5377d3229b8a37.png

I'm going with Reality. With that stone, whatever I want just happens. I would duplicate all the money I had, for as long as I wanted, until I became the richest man in the world. I would instantly rid my body of all ailments and give myself the most ideal physique that a guy could possibly obtain. I'd eat as much pizza as I wanted without ever gaining a pound or clogging up my arteries. And I could do it all on my own personal cruise ship, materialized out of thin air and ready to sail wherever I please.

But best of all, I'd make a lot of despicable scumbags on the planet die very sudden, shockingly gruesome deaths. I'm talking all the psychos, murderers, rapists, child molesters, religious zealots, politicians, media moguls, and nazis on both the right AND left. They get no mercy from me. No phasing into dryer lint; these people would get exactly what you'd expect from a Mortal Kombat game.

• Brohoof 2

Well, to preface... I would most likely say none of them; you've seen what happens when a mere human tries to harness their power. :D However, since this scenario prevents such a thing from happening... I would most likely choose the Reality Stone. With its power, I could decimate pollution, solve world hunger (and perhaps even obesity), paint my room with minimal effort... among other things. :D

Also: while the other stones could most likely be put to good use by others, I personally can't see myself using them, for the following reasons.

• The Space Stone can warp the user to any location in the universe... but considering how minute human knowledge of the universe is, this could backfire severely.
  • The Mind Stone grants the user enhanced intelligence, and even the ability to subdue to minds of others. While this is quite subjective... I'm not sure what I would do with the enhanced intelligence that this stone brings. Not to mention, mind control is rather... morally ambiguous, to be polite. :please:
  • The Power Stone is self-explanatory: it grants the user incredible strength. As I said regarding the Mind Stone... why would I ever need that much strength? I'm not sure about you guys and gals, but I don't see much benefit in wielding a stone which holds planet-obliterating potential.
  • The Time Stone is also self-explanatory: it can be used to warp and manipulate time. This certainly as its perks, and would most likely be my second choice... but ultimately, I never really saw the purpose of time traveling. Traveling to the past creates too many paradoxes, and traveling to the future seems rather arbitrary, unless it's very far.
  • Finally, the Soul Stone... has capabilities which we aren't aware of. This alone makes it quite dangerous, but even assuming that we do discover its purpose... I can't see much use in it, due to its concept alone. Call me biased, though; Heart was never a cool power. :D

While I personally can't imagine myself using any of these, I'm sure plenty of other folks could; one size doesn't fit everyone, of course. :grin:

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Sondash Studios said:

Time. Common sense. I can never die then.

If the sole reason for choosing a stone is to avoid death, wouldn't the reality stone be a better pick? Like, yeah the time stone would prevent you from dying of old age, but the reality stone should be capable of doing the same thing plus like a ton of other more useful stuff. 

25 minutes ago, Yamet said:

If the sole reason for choosing a stone is to avoid death, wouldn't the reality stone be a better pick? Like, yeah the time stone would prevent you from dying of old age, but the reality stone should be capable of doing the same thing plus like a ton of other more useful stuff. 

Ya i know, but I just like time even though Reality does the same thing. It just looks cool as well.

I take the time stone, and go to the future where Iron Man 2099's tech is as cheap as an old iphone.

And I become the world's greatest hero in the present because for awesomeness. No more war or poverty allowed!

3 hours ago, The Recherche said:

Finally, the Soul Stone... has capabilities which we aren't aware of. This alone makes it quite dangerous, but even assuming that we do discover its purpose... I can't see much use in it, due to its concept alone. Call me biased, though; Heart was never a cool power. :D

I can't imagine it being too different from the green Soul Gem from the comics, where it could be used to alter and manipulate the souls of all life forms in the universe. It's the go-to for any tyrant.

The video games have given it a more simple use: if you sustain life-threatening injuries, you could use it to heal yourself. Either by slow life regeneration, or as Thanos would have it, by sapping the life out of something else.

222706686_ScreenShot2018-08-15at3_02_25PM.png.fc5569a1d19ce752549798d039a515e4.png

But as others have pointed out, these are features that probably feel redundant with the Reality stone. I wouldn't use the Soul stone unless I wanted to communicate with the dead.
  • Brohoof 1

I would want the mind..then again time means I can control the time..oh wait the reality can overthrown time and so can space! gah, I want it all! :sneer:

• 2 weeks later...

Time Stone. Id win soooooo much money with the lotto and gambling. All I gotta do is win a lot in the future invest in the past and ill be richer than....um...two Bill Gates. Then, just for the laughs, give it all to charity and do it all over again.