Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever had to heed nature's call in the woods?

Feather Data

Have you pooped in the woods before?  

34 users have voted

1. 1. Have you pooped in the woods before?

• Yes
    • No

On 8/17/2018 at 6:14 AM, Feather Data said:

but rivers are still water sources used to collect some water.

Leave No Trace suggest so be at least 150 feet away from any water source

There's a difference between what the book says, what you're taught at school, what you're told to do in the field, and what you actually end up doing.

Like Rarity, I loathe camping. But when I was young I was obliged to accompany my family on the occasional camping excursion. I didn't enjoy it very much and the worst part was having to use the facilities where there weren't any facilities. It's awkward, nasty business, doing one's business, and there always seems to be a bee, anthill, unsettling sound or troupe of other hikers that inevitably materialize the moment the pants come down.

And would it be asking too much for someone to install a bidet out there in the wilds? I mean really, let's get civilized! :stressed:  

• Brohoof 1

I have gotten to nature before, however, I've limited myself on peeing so far. I rarely have pooping emergencies, to the point of pooping in public restrooms onle three times in my whole life

Not in the woods, but it did happen in the middle of the ocean once. I jumped out of the boat and did my business in the water. The details of the story may be a bit too graphic to post here.

Edited by Admiral Regulus

13 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Like Rarity, I loathe camping. But when I was young I was obliged to accompany my family on the occasional camping excursion. I didn't enjoy it very much and the worst part was having to use the facilities where there weren't any facilities. It's awkward, nasty business, doing one's business, and there always seems to be a bee, anthill, unsettling sound or troupe of other hikers that inevitably materialize the moment the pants come down.

And would it be asking too much for someone to install a bidet out there in the wilds? I mean really, let's get civilized! :stressed:  

Always pack a trowel and toilet paper when you go camping 

• 1 month later...

I've done it a few times. I often find when hiking that my body burns fuel better and leaves less waste to dispose of. I usually have a small shovel about me (mostly for fires, partly for heeding nature's call), so it's never been a problem. It's actually nice to enjoy some scenery when doing the doo.

Only problem is when there's skeeters...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...