Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health What are some health problems you wish to avoid?

Feather Data

Alzheimer's, definitely.  I don't want to become trapped in my own mind like my grandma did.  I don't want to become someone like her, not being able to recognize family members your own children, anything.  I had to take care of her when I was younger, she seemed to think I was my mom and would yell at me all the time.  I should've been living my own life instead of being forced to take care of her, make sure when she wandered off she didn't get hit by a car or get lost.  I'm sometimes still mad that neither my brother or my grandpa helped.  I think I have a deep fear of turning out like her if I ever get to be an elder.

• 1 year later...
(edited)

As a person who has unfortunately had a few scares with heart issues my vote goes to heart problems. It’s a scary experience to have heart issues and I don’t want to go through it again or something even worse

Edited by Blitzo

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not afraid of any, I have good old viking blood running these veins. Health problems, sure many run in the family one of the more serious ones being the celtic blood disease. Though I have never feared death for the afterlife awaits be it Heaven or Valhalla or Fólksvangr it matters not though. What I worry most of all about is health regarding respiratory issues as I already have those and rather just be able to have those as of now normal. I also care about my mind, my brain for that is a warriors ultimate weapon we can only train so hard for the coming battles but we must also train our minds and our fortitude for increased resilience. 

All of them, but if I had to pick one I'm working on it's diabetes. My mom's side has a family history of it, and I used to have too much sugar in my diet which wasn't good. I've since cut back majorly now that I'm on keto, and lost a good bit of weight, too, so I'm hoping that won't be an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Cancer, blindness and paralysis. The cancer is the least scaring for me here. To me the eyesight is the most important sence, I could probably deal even with wheelchair but not blindness. And paralysis is a living nightmare, imagine being conscious and unable to move. It's like an eternal torture

• Brohoof 1