Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Longest period of time without sleep?

DivineMist1000

About 72 hours, give or take. It was when I shipped for basic. Was super nervous so I couldn't sleep the night before, and once you get there, they have to go through a lot of shit to get you processed. It was a good 36 hours after we got there before they let us sleep.

• Brohoof 1

About 45 hours. I simply had really bad insomnia.

On 9/28/2018 at 12:49 PM, derpyluver said:

i think about 144 hours 

How did that happen? :mlp_blink: Did you start hallucinating?

Edited by Methuselah
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm...outside the two times I went to Disneyland when both parks are open for a full 24 hours, there had been at least 3 nights I remember staying awake all night until after the sun rose the next day. So yeah, a few times I've stayed awake for more than 24 hours.

• Brohoof 1

83 hour Mount & Blade marathon, back when I was still addicted to the original game and active on the TaleWorlds forums. Nowadays nobody there knows who I am and most of the people I knew are long gone or oddly enough dead - didn't know so many of them were older guys as most acted pretty young.

• Brohoof 1

Yeeesh. As of this very moment, I've been through 20 hours without sleeping. Quite ironic I saw this topic.

Anyway, about 40 to 45 hours is my record. Something I've done on several occasions, I might add. When I was younger, it was a tradition for me to wake up early in the morning and not sleeping during New Year's Eve. I've done this about 4 or 5 times, and that's not counting the times I partied and ended up not sleeping that night either.

• Brohoof 1

I think I have gone about two days without sleep. I remember sleeping well when I finally got to sleep.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

From morning on day one, to early afternoon on day three. I had a lot of money and zero obligations, oversight or companionship for the first time in my life, so I did all sorts of dumb crap just because there was no one to stop me. After the second sleepless night, I kinda stopped feeling anything at all, so I gave up and went to sleep.

• Brohoof 1