Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Longest period of time without sleep?

DivineMist1000

I think for me it was around 2 and a half days?  I don't know why I stayed up for so long, I think I was having some pretty bad nightmares??  It was when I was younger.

• Brohoof 1

I've calculated probably around 40 hours. I had a really bad nightmare when I was a kid and resolved to stay up the following night playing Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga on my GBA. I made it through the first night and even beat a boss I was stuck on, but inevitably gave in the following night.

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 1

Probably... 26 or 27 hours. I had a sleepover with a friend back in middle school and stayed up till about 8 am, and I had woken up at 5 or 6 the day before for school. So yeah, not very long; I've pulled all-nighters in high school and college but nothing has made me stay up any longer than 24 hours. I don't know how y'all can survive 40+ hours. :P

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

My personal record of 16 hours with no sleep was broken about a week ago. 

21 hours now, is the longest I’ve been without sleep. 

• Brohoof 2

I think I went at least 24 hours with out sleep on my way back from Babscon last April. I needed to get back in time for school, so after having fun all day at the con, I left for the airport at 2 Sunday morning, and didn't get back to my apartment until Sunday afternoon. I probably slept a bit on the plane and bus, but not much.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I broke the 72 hour mark many, many years ago. When you go that long without sleeping, things get super weird. I was hallucinating voices and hallucinating a cat walking around my basement. I do not have a cat, nor did I at the time.

• Brohoof 1

Something along 30 hours. I couldn't fall asleep during the travel Europe-Japan and despite arriving at the hotel with everyone tired out, the group leader still chose to take a tour around some districts in Tokyo. I barely managed to take a shower and eat at McD's but in the end I was literally destroyed.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

The longest I’ve ever done is somewhere within the ballpark of 35-40 hours. I usually don’t enjoy staying up too late, and any instance where I stay up for that long a period it’s always for a school/college assignment. The first time I pulled an all-nighter it was for a project I severely procrastinated on in middle school. After I had delivered it to the class my next period was science and while the teacher was talking I set my head down and passed out. It was apparently so bad that I slept through the bell and several people trying to wake me up. By the time I came to I was put in a wheelchair and being swept off to the front desk to have my folks pick me up. On the one hand staying up late sucked at that age, but on the other hand I got to miss half the school day and sleep the rest of afternoon away. Ultimately I count it as a win - since I ended up with a B+.

• Brohoof 1

I had a coffee maker back when I was attending flight school. The thing was broken though, so it ended up producing really weak coffee, no matter how many grounds I put in. To try and get the coffee to taste more like, well, coffee, I just took the coffee that I brewed and poured it back through the grounds. Did this maybe five times, and finally got my nice, strong-tasting coffee. It was lovely.

Until I couldn't sleep for 3 days. I think about 80 or so hours. I brewed the coffee on Sunday, and I was awake until Wednesday evening. So, yeah. Don't ever do that.

On 9/6/2019 at 8:18 AM, Lucky Bat said:

21 hours on a road trip. Never drive drowsy and half asleep through Chattanooga, kids. In fact, just...don’t drive drowsy at all.

Lightweight. :P