Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Longest you’ve stared at the sun?

DubWolf

How long :P ? I certainly have probably only dared to look at the sun directly for no more than half a second. If it’s directly in front of me while driving.... maybe longer, but it’s not directly at it.

Longest I’ve stared at it is probably when at sunset when it isn’t as bright (however I understand it may still be harmful to do so... so...). If you’ve seen a solar eclipse you could technically say you’ve seen it longer.

I have stared straight into the sun for maybe 3-4 seconds tops. When I was young, I wanted to test the idea that someone could become blind by looking into the sun for an extended period of time. I wanted to test fate. I’m glad that I only did that once because going blind would have sucked.

This is hurting my eyes thinking about it, heck I wince when I see someone welding in a video and it's not actually and brighter than whatever white is taking up most of.

I want to say around 40 something seconds directly, I remember looking up at it during the first grade. Looked at it during the eclipse and a time before that with protection, and on a thin but overcast day I've looked at it plenty. The worst was interrupted by occasional glances at other things and blinking, but it was a sunset. Didn't think about it, but even though it was dimmer out, that intensity hadn't truly changed. That was about 10 minutes, eyes bothered me most of the night before going to bed, had a little trouble walking home.

Around 7 to 8 minutes, when I was younger.

Me and my ex-friend were very competitive brats. He is my ex-friend because of some of the things he did, like getting us to look directly into the sun.

8 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Uhhhhh.....anyone with a brain in their head hasn’t ever stared at the sun. 

We had sun staring contests when I was in like 2nd grade! How I can still see at all is a mystery! 

• Brohoof 3

• 3 years later...