Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's it like to get "the stare"?

Adachi

I'm thinking that it's a combination of Fluttershy's cuteness catching the target off guard, but not sure what exactly goes on other than that, and glaring at somepony. I know it works on pretty much anything, except Discord. Maybe the cartoon doesn't do complete justice to it? Or ponies and Equestrian creatures are just more prone to scaring than humans?

Like random musical numbers and cutie marks, I think this is a latent magical property of the highly sensitive world that is Equestria. Something in Fluttershy's spirit is incredibly powerful on a psychological level and can be used to intimidate when she's in the right mood to channel that power. Like a latent energy within.

• Brohoof 2

Probably the feeling of a cold hand reaching into your body to harness the energy of your very soul, leaving you helpless until her command.

I'm telling you, Flutters' adorable eyes have powers mere mortal cannot handle.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think it only works on normal "animals" and it is probably more just a look of pure resolve and refusing to back down, which in turn tends to severely frighten animals.

Edited by 0blivion

(edited)

I believe it'd be much like being in the presence of Galadriel of LOTR, where she can see right into your soul, make all your fears come to the forefront and topple whatever ego you may have, giving you a feeling of being stripped down, barren, alone and helpless.  (edit: However, unlike Galadriel, Fluttershy cannot read minds, ;))

I imagine you'd feel smaller physically and have all your confidence drain from you instantaneously, however all the while you'd know that she meant you no harm and that you were safe in her presence, even though your self-esteem is in such a state of complete temporary frailty that you have no choice but to obey her will.

Edited by TheMangoPony

I think it's her version of  the "I'm being serious bitch, obey me" look.

I mean when someone gives you a stern look like that, you know they're not messing around....and they want you to be serious or do something that you refused to do.

• Brohoof 1

A feeling of letting your guard down in a false sense of security. It's like someone knowing about your past without you even knowing, and you start to feel guilty.

(edited)

the_stare__colored__by_raikoh_illust-d5a

all I really have to show you and you'll pretty much get it yeah I know it's horrifying.

Edited by Freezy ma reezy
  • Brohoof 3

You know, honestly, I'm surprised I havn't found a fan fic that turns Fluttershy into a Ghost rider yet. What she would ride, I don't know...maybe she'd just be the "Ghost Flyer"

Let the kickass fanart begin!

What is it like to get the "stare"?

You see the death of the universe inside Fluttershy's eyes. Wildfire burning throughout the land, consuming everything it touches, leaving a trail of destruction in its wake. You see a valley of corpses, consumed by maggots, rotting flesh peeling from decaying corpses.

Imagine opening a cupboard to get your breakfast cereal, only for Ren and Stimpy to come tumbling out covered in their own shit swinging Paris Hilton's severed head by her hair.

Imagine having your very soul torn from your body, ripped into pieces and scattered like ashes across the cosmos.

That's what it's like to get "the stare".

Oh and your intestines drop out of your anus and you die slowly.