Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

Void indeed tried to block the strike, which resulted in the hammer being knocked away from her grasp. She had no idea who this griffon were, or what her beef with her big sister were, but she knew when someone were going to try and kill her. Most of the time at least. This one certainly didn't hide her intentions either, so seeing as the hammer got knocked away, Void would desperately try and kick the irate griffon away, whilst also fall back so she would get like, a beak to the heart or something like that.

Meanwhile, at the closest angle from where the started when she saw Fheng exit the gate, Null would run straight at her, ready to bash whatever limb she could reach in with the nail bat. It wasn't hard to guess what the feathery fiends plan were to retaliate before she were even done talking, as she were headed towards her sister instead of her actual enemy, and there were no way she were going to let Void die now. Especially not because of a grudge she had no part in.

"Die, puppet!"

Worst case scenario, perhaps she could throw herself in and take the hit from Fheng that were going to come down to her sister. She had done her part, soon as this griffon were dealt with, so her sacrifice wouldn't be ruining everything. Hay, she'd jump into Tartarus herself, whilst dragging the griffon with her if she had to, long as Void made it through this alive.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Fheng would snarl at Null's words, but with an almost practiced motion she would time her swing to knock Null right into Void, potentially sending them both to the ground. "We are all puppets, chose my master. I saw the strings that bind us all, as I served Her I was set free from they who control us now."

The reindeer had begun firing again, but the griffon seemed unfazed as she caught the bolts in the pink substance that coated her wings. "You took that freedom from me! Kept me from becoming great!"

Fheng would then lash out at them, moving to strike with her sharp talons.

@Illiad Easle

Having Null thrown into her didn't really do much to Void. Considering the difference in mass and muscle, it were akin to throwing a stick at a tree,  so the younger sister didn't get hurt by this.

Null on the other hoof, dropped the nail bat as she were surprise swung, and on impact, would let out a cry of pain, as she could feel her the main bone of her wing crack. It were not broken fully yet, but the pain running through even having it fractured like this, were something that she surely felt. Another hit like this, and the bone were going to break, and with her curse, it could be weeks or months before it healed naturally, if it were set correctly.

On 12/22/2019 at 5:13 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"We are all puppets, chose my master. I saw the strings that bind us all, as I served Her I was set free from they who control us now."

"La Perinne... M-Made you a slave. She used you more than you used me."

She talked through her pain as best she could, as the small pegasus looked up towards the agitated griffon being shot at with darts, which were somehow stopped by her skeletal wings and the strange substance on them.

On 12/22/2019 at 5:13 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"You took that freedom from me! Kept me from becoming great!"

"If she d-didn't choose you after taking you b-back, you were not strong enough. Or she l-lied to you the w-whole time. Just as you lied to m-me."

As the strike came in, Null did her best to roll away, unable to get up and hit the griffon properly right now. Void on the other hoof though... Hearing her sister crying out in pain, seeing the attack about to go at them... She might have gone slightly panicky, beginning with her lashing forward as the talons were risen, smashing af Fheng with a headbut to her feathery face, and hooves aimed to catch the risen talons in an attempt to get her away from Null by force. If need be, by breaking Fheng's arms.

The griffon were not wrong in her assumptions that she could technically ascend. There were magic that could be taken advantage of, combined with certain rituals and zebracian elixirs that could reborn her as a dragon, but Null were not wrong either. Why would La Perinne ever let a useful tool go?

Perhaps once her usefulness had reached the end, the dragoness would show some degree of honor, and sacrifice a the portion of draconic essence that were needed for the transformation to keep her word, but there were no guarantees. She had led Fheng, and others like her, along like sheep, on the pure basis of faith. Keeping the price just out of reach, and at the time Fheng had been active, not ascended a single being.

Fheng had likely hoped to be the first, just like any of the others had, though she were the most devoted of them all. Her actions proved it clearly time and time again, though why she had not been saved then raised some questions. The elixir she had been sent to make had been successful, had it not? Why then were she not saved? Perhaps she had, and the way of her wings now were something that she had lived with until she died from either getting killed, or failing and getting erradicated? Perhaps she had taken herself out of the equation, if it turned out the content had somehow made her immune to ascendance?

It were hard to say, and likely, they'd never get answers. Nothing about this whole situation spoke about them being able to just sit down and talk this through, even though if might be the smartest solution.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Fheng was caught off guard by Void's sudden attack, catching her headbutt right in the beak. She gave a pained squawk as she rose up on her hind legs to bring her head out of Void's range.

Her sharp beak would still leave quite the deep cut in Void, wherever it made contact with her.

Her change in position left her more vulnerable to the reindeer's bolts though, one striking her right between the wings with an icy explosion, ice expanding out from the impact to immobilize her wings. As she tried desperately to claw the ice off of herself she'd end up doing more damage to herself than the others had managed, and leave herself open to further attacks.

One such attack came from the stallion they had unchained, a surprising show of force as he bucked her from behind, sending her a good distance as the ice continued to envelop her and her pained shrieks.

Hercules looked positively ancient, but the age seemed to fade as he made his way back towards the open gates. "Another wave will soon emerge, the gates must soon be closed lest we all be overrun."

@Illiad Easle

21 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Her sharp beak would still leave quite the deep cut in Void, wherever it made contact with her.

Void felt the beak pierce flesh and scrape her skull from the impact. Then as it ran down after the initial touch, it would leave a long mark from there and down across her eye, not stopping before the top of her cheek. Had it been as deep as the firsg hit the entire way, her face would've been halfway split open, but as it stood right now, it would just be a flesh wound that could be patched up. Her eye wouldn't be possible to save however, and she knew it. So after the initial shock had laid down and she saw the griffon were ganged up upon by first the archer, and then Hercules himself, she reached up, snd gave herself a hard bash on the back of her head.

Rolling down to the ground, would be her glass eye. The back were mostly intact, but it were showing cracked lines and the front were sharding already. It would've likely left shards roaming around her skull if she hadn't discarded it when she did.

22 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

"Another wave will soon emerge, the gates must soon be closed lest we all be overrun."

Void looked up at Hercules, stillhyped on adrenaline and honestly not sure if she saw right, what with the blood from her head wound dripping down and obscuring her vision on occasion, even if she at seemingly random intervals tried to wipe it away. She had to be seeing him wrong though, because she could've sworn he looked a little different from just a few minutes ago.

She just stood and silently glanced at him after his inquiry, until a small tug near her leg made Void's gaze redirect and focus on Null, who had tisen up and grabbed hold of her sister.

"Big s-sis? You l-"

"We f-finish this. Now."

Null felt like a flank, and Void looked bad, but her tone of voice and glance both made her point clear to her little sister. They had gotten here to finish this once and for all, and there weren't any time to waste on worrying about one another when they finally had the chance. Especially not if Void wanted to get her wish through about all of them making it out of here alive.

So Void gulped, then nodded and wiped some more blood from her face, before following Null as she stubornly got up and did her best to ignore the pain in her wing, as she stomped forward and prepared to close this damned gate.

If they were told that she needed to finish her beef with Fheng first, Null would mercilessly bash the griffons head in with the nail bat and wait for somepony stronger to throw her back into the flames. Void if need be, but if it were not something they'd be told needed to happen, they'd walk towards what they assumed were their spots, and try to close it, or protect Hercules as he did it, as it might be up to him to actually have the strength to slam the door between realms. Whatever the deal, they'd do as told by Hercules here, ir try on their own. Depended on whatever he'd tell them what to do here before they got to the open doors.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Hercules paused as he reached the threshold of the gates, there was no mistaking it now, he definitely looked much younger now than they first met, perhaps old enough to be their father but not too much older. His hair and coat had gained a more youthful sheen as he turned back to face them and the soldiers. The gates themselves were opened inwards, and there was nothing on the outward portion that would give any much ability to close them from the outside. "The gates can only be opened from without, and closed from within. Historically, at least as long as I've held them, they've only been opened wide enough that one could close them. Now I'm afraid it will take another willing to enter to close them."

(As I assume at one or both of the sisters will offer to close them)

(If they suggest that Hercules not go in himself)

Hercules would simply offer a tired smile, "I've held these gates for centuries now, and I'll hold them still until my father passes through them."

(If at least one of them offers)

"No." it was the weak, but determined voice of Foe, who had lifter herself up despite the great deal of pain and against the attempts of the reindeer to stop her. "If anyone's going in there, it might as well be me. Would likely go through those gates soon enough anyway."

(You may add their comments and farewells here, but Foe will not be dissuaded) "I've always looked up to the example of Hercules, and now he's not only real but I can stand beside him."

With that Hercules would help her pass the threshold of the gates.

As Hercules passed through his appearance became even more youthful until he looked not much older than Void. Legs full of strength and a mane down to his withers. He moved to begin pushing the left gate closed.

As Foe passed through the gate the fire rose up to cover her, hiding her from view for a moment before her armor was expelled, it bore only the damage she had taken in the battle, none apparent from the fire. The flames receded to reveal her standing there, garbed in a minimal version of the Trojan robe in a stark white, along with a copy of her hammer slung across her back. She looked younger than when they had previously met her, similarly youthful. She rushed to her position at the right gate and began pushing the gate closed.

The gates only moved when both were pushed at the same time, and it took a bit for them to find a matching rhythm, but eventually the gates shut with a resounding clang.

The room quickly grew cold without the fires to heat it, and the air seemed to stand still, especially since Fheng's shrieks had been long since silenced by the encroaching ice. 

On 12/30/2019 at 6:46 AM, Illiad Easle said:

(As I assume at one or both of the sisters will offer to close them)

"Then I'm going in."

Null didn't waste time to offer herself up for the role.

"We b-both are."

The stink eye that Void got for that comment from her older sister scared her a little, but she wasn't backing down.

"Over my dead body. You're going back to mom and dad if I have to knock you out and tell them to drag you back, and that's final."

Null's breathing were starting to finally even out, as the pain from her wing started to dull a little.

"But I-I'm-"

"Final!"

Null's outburst made Void wince and take a few steps back, whilst Null took one forth, towards the gate, before halting and looking back with her sister, a tired glance going over her face.

"You're meant for better than this sis. And besides, I need you to go back and say goodbye to mom and dad for me."

It wasn't the path she had sought out the last day or two, but still, holding back the gates of Tartarus? Sounded like she'd be going out as a hero then, and keep a strong purpose for eternity. Sounded better than she deserved, but it were an offer she were willing to make. Besides, who else were going to do this?

"No." it was the weak, but determined voice of Foe, who had lifter herself up despite the great deal of pain and against the attempts of the reindeer to stop her. "If anyone's going in there, it might as well be me. Would likely go through those gates soon enough anyway."

"W-What? But you... We c-can still save you, Foe. You don't... I m-mean..."

Void were horrified at hearing Foe saying that she were going to take this bullet, but at the same time, she couldn't help but feeling a sting of joy from hearing that someone else than her sister would be willing to do this. And the guilt that came from feeling this were sickening.

Null didn't say anything about this, but just starred at Foe in silence, thinking this over as her sister gave her conflicted answer to the hurt mares insistence that she'd make the sacrifice.

"I've always looked up to the example of Hercules, and now he's not only real but I can stand beside him."

Before the rejuvenated Hercules made his way over to Foe, Null got over there, and rose up to place her front hooves around Foe's neck, soon after joined in by Void. Not in a way that signalled that they were trying to stop or strangle her, but just to give her a hug. A rare gesture by Null, but considering the situation, she'd make an exception.

"Way to take the wind from my sails, Foe...

Hmph, you best keep that door closed, and don't go letting anyone in there push you around, you hear me? Don't make me come back to show you how it's done."

It weren't easy for Null to say that she missed anyone, but she were actually sad to see that it were Foe who were going to end up in there, and were having a hard time just getting out that she were sorry that it had to come to this, though she had seen the look in Foe's eyes. The mare were even more determined than herself to do this, and her reasons were honestly fair here. She were likely not going to make it back, and she wanted to make her last time mean something, as well as stand besides her hero as an equal. It weren't right to take that from her, and have her risk just dying for nothing.

"*sniff* Y-You take care, o-okay Foe? I promise t-that we'll never forget y-you."

Blood and tears went down on Foe from Void, as Hercules came over and they had to let Foe go. Void were reluctant to do so, but Null gave her a firm, yet gentle pull to make the mare let go, and let the fighter make her ultimate stand.

"Gonna make sure none of them will. They'll get a statue up if I have to chissel it myself."

A traitorous tear escaped Null as she said this, and looked briefly towards Hercules with a glance that didn't judge him, but just shone through that she were hoping that he'd keep her safe on the other side. It sure had to be dangerous, and whoever were in there wouldn't likely get a lot of brownie points for closing the gate on them, so things would perhaps get ugly.

What wasn't ugly, were the two of them as they finally passed through. Not only did Hercules looking like a stunning, chiseled stallion that'd have many a mare fawn in his vicinity, but as the flames stopped obscurring her, Foe looked better than she ever had. In face, she even seemed to look... Happy? It could not be something that'd last, but seeing her rejuvenated and free of pain here in her final moments, brought a genuine smile to Null's face, and tears to Void's, as she had started to like this mare. Seeing her go like this were a bittersweet moment that were bound ti being her to tears, and yet, she too felt a smile creep on her face, as she saw how happy and free of pain the mare seemed. May every conceivable god hear her prayers and keep Foe safe in the countless years she'd now be within that damned place.

Before the gates closed fully, the sisters would both stand as rank as they could, and give as formal of a Trojan salute to the two as they were able to. Something which wouldn't stop until the gate closed fully, and the flames finally died out.

After several years of relentless assaults from beyond, countless deaths, and a world reeling on the brink of extinction, it were finally over. Tartarus were closed. They had won, though not without sacrifice.

Void would soon crumble up and start crying as she turned from the gate, and were followed closely by Null, who stood at her side and gave some much needed emotional support to her little sister in this moment.

Unless the hammer that Foe had used had gone through with her, or picked up by someone else, Void would go over and with a shaking hoof, pick it up  and sling it on her back. She'd make no motion to grab after the discarded spear, just as Null wouldn't care for the sword (if it were still in the room) but just keep her new nail bat.

"...We should go, before some lingering sods comes around and cause trouble. You need me to finish off Fheng?"

Null didn't have her heart in it, but if it were needed, she'd bash the ice sculpture of a griffon before they left. If the others had other plans instead though, she wouldn't touch the griffon. Her lust for bloodshed involving even Fheng of all creatures, had just been decimated by the emotional moment thaf it were to see Foe's sacrifice.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

If they looked back at the gates now that they were closed they'd see a large image of a hammer over a broken shield. It looked remarkably like Foe's.

Foe's original hammer, the one she had added the explosive horseshoe to, was still where it had been left, so Void was able to collect it. The earth pony guard gathered up Foe's discarded armor as the griffon began to lead the way back out to the now mostly collapsed fort.

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

You need me to finish off Fheng?

The reindeer looked over at the frozen griffon, "If she's not dead already, she will be soon enough. Either by pneumonia or the wandering spawn."

The changeling, in a whirl of icy blue fire, disguised itself with a visage that the sisters might recognize had they ever passed through Stalliongrad, or seen a play about him, as he looked almost exactly like the popular rendition of Rasputin Stalliongrad, a dark coated unicorn who had effectively run all the criminal affairs surrounding the city of Stalliongrad before he disappeared around Nightmare Moon's first appearance. He exchanged a nod with the griffon before walking out another way, turning invisible as he left.

It would take a bit of effort climbing around the fallen blocks to get back to the stairway, but eventually they made it back to the top of the tower they had landed on. The reindeer pressed a button on his radio, which made a sound a moment later, before their airship came back around from behind the mountain. There were a number of flying spawn following the ship, and a number of sickly purple explosions around them as those on the ship fought back.

Suddenly there was a sound like a crack of thunder, or the snap of a talon, and a massive cloud city shaped like a sword with wings appeared distantly above them. A few smaller cracks of sound later and most of the spawn that had been following their craft were engulfed in flames, the rest breaking away and fleeing. The reindeer's radio crackled to life, "Looks like you needed help, best of luck down there, glad to see the gate closed." A massive swarm of spawn started to approach the massive city as it turned away. "Æther away." With another thunderous snap the city vanished, the swarm knocked away as if by a giant fly swatter.

Their ship arrived soon after, and the guards quickly ushered them all aboard so it could cast off again.

With that, they were headed back to Troy.

@Illiad Easle

On 12/31/2019 at 11:30 PM, Illiad Easle said:

The reindeer looked over at the frozen griffon, "If she's not dead already, she will be soon enough. Either by pneumonia or the wandering spawn."

The changeling, in a whirl of icy blue fire, disguised itself with a visage that the sisters might recognize had they ever passed through Stalliongrad, or seen a play about him, as he looked almost exactly like the popular rendition of Rasputin Stalliongrad, a dark coated unicorn who had effectively run all the criminal affairs surrounding the city of Stalliongrad before he disappeared around Nightmare Moon's first appearance. He exchanged a nod with the griffon before walking out another way, turning invisible as he left.

Null nodded, and left Fheng alone. Logically speaking, it'd be smarter to not risk it and just crack the griffon to pieces, but Null just didn't have the want to destroy right now. Not after seeing the whole situation with Foe unfold, so she just went on her way, solemn and silent. As did Void, though she did raise her head and give a closer look at the changeling, whom now went in a form that were again, incredibly familiar. She could've sworn that she had seen him somewhere before, but with everything else swirling in her mind as they started to make their way out, it just didn't click. It'd probably pop into her head later, once some of the other things had been sorted, or she had the chance to collapse somewhere and cry for a while, just to get everything out of her system.

The entire trip out of here, the two of them wouldn't say a word. Null wouldn't even sneer at anyone present, or wander around being pushy in any capacity. The air had been blown out of her usual rage-filled being, and even seeing the spectacle that were about to unfold, just couldn't fire her up right now.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:30 PM, Illiad Easle said:

Suddenly there was a sound like a crack of thunder, or the snap of a talon, and a massive cloud city shaped like a sword with wings appeared distantly above them. A few smaller cracks of sound later and most of the spawn that had been following their craft were engulfed in flames, the rest breaking away and fleeing. The reindeer's radio crackled to life, "Looks like you needed help, best of luck down there, glad to see the gate closed." A massive swarm of spawn started to approach the massive city as it turned away. "Æther away." With another thunderous snap the city vanished, the swarm knocked away as if by a giant fly swatter.

"..."

She weren't entirely sure if it were a weapon or city, or perhaps both, but it had been impressive to see whatever it were burn away some of the remaining spawn on this side of the gate. A shame they didn't finish the job, but whatever. Null just didn't care to make a comment about it now, even if she had opened her muzzle with intention of saying something. Perhaps it'd get there later on, though for now, it seemed like the surprise attackers were gone, the remaining spawn were disoriented or knocked far away, and their escape vehicle were landing. It were just to follow the rest as they hurried in there, and then just like that, they'd be on their way, out of this hellish place.

They'd sit silently for a while, even if they were approached, with Void resting her head on Null's lap/on her shoulder (depending on if they were strapped into seats again) as she whimpered a little, and her big sister slowly ran her hoof through her mane. There could've been things to say here, but they didn't have to. Null knew what troubled her sister, so she just did what she had to, as her younger sister would go through the motions.

"...Did she have any family left?"

It'd be the first thing Null would say after they had been sat there for a few minutes, and weren't directed towards anyone in particular. Whoever chose to, could answer it if they wanted to, though the question would nag Null until she got said answer. Not that she'd repeat it though, unless someone reacted as if they hadn't heard her words correctly, by for example replying with *What?*.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The earth pony guard looked over at their query, "Hmm, she was pretty old, older than me at least, so I think her parents died before the incident. As far as I'm aware she never got married, or if she did it didn't last. As far as I know she was not presently married."

The reindeer wandered in to their conversation. "She has a sister, but she left." He gestured towards the hammer Void had, "Normally we'd use that for her grave, but I think she'd have wanted you to have it, and I suppose she's not technically dead, so..." he trailed off at that.

It would be rather uneventful in their journey back to Troy. As it came into view there seemed to be a different atmosphere about it, the most clear example of that being creatures walking around outside the walls not huddled in groups, the guard line was pushed out about twice as far as before and there was hardly a spawn to be seen despite the rising sun.

The Consul was there to meet then when they landed, as well as the griffon who was originally in charge of the group. They were both relieved to see that most of them had made it, though clearly dismayed that Foe had not. The griffon met with the other griffon while the Consul came over to the sisters. "It gladdens me to see you both returned, and not too terribly hurt." He would motion for the changeling medic to join them on the ship to begin treating them.

If the sisters did not object, the changeling would proceed as follows:

"Have potions worked on you before?" If they answered affirmatively he would give them each a jar of something that looked similar to the gel that the changelings had been fed earlier, it would taste slightly like walnuts, and would work as a regular potion.

If they answered negatively, "Have salves or other healing ointments?" If they answered positively or that they hadn't tried before he would use some of the previously mentioned gel on the bandages he would apply to their external injuries.

If they answered negatively again he would simply bandage and splint them without magic.

@Illiad Easle

On 1/3/2020 at 1:00 AM, Illiad Easle said:

The earth pony guard looked over at their query, "Hmm, she was pretty old, older than me at least, so I think her parents died before the incident. As far as I'm aware she never got married, or if she did it didn't last. As far as I know she was not presently married."

The reindeer wandered in to their conversation. "She has a sister, but she left." He gestured towards the hammer Void had, "Normally we'd use that for her grave, but I think she'd have wanted you to have it, and I suppose she's not technically dead, so..." he trailed off at that.

Null looked at the hammer next to Void, who were not paying much attention to that in her current, emotional ride. It were but a brief glance though, and not something she wished to address, as that were up to Void t do when she felt like she could handle things again. So instead, she'd address the answers to the question she had put out in the first place, and just let it stop there.

"If her sister's still alive, I hope she comes back. She should know what happened."

That were all she would say about this, as the awkward, deafening silence spread and took over the room. Not that it were any surprise. They had lost one of their own, and even if it were for a good cause, it had to hurt to think about. Any sensible being would mourn this, and even if she were a bit of a confrontational rage pony more often than not, even she wouldn't judge or try to mock that. Foe's sacrifice deserved more respect than that.

"It gladdens me to see you both returned, and not too terribly hurt."

"We'll live. I'm s-sorry that we couldn't get F-Foe back with us, C-Consul..."

Void were more stable after having cried herself out during the trip, but you could clearly see on her that she had let her eyes water for quite a while up there. On her back, Foe's hammer sat as stably as she could make it currently, though she might have to look into making some sort of holster for it, to make it easier to not just accidentally drop it or something. If Foe would have wanted her to have this, then Void intended to make sure that it stayed with her, and were taken well care off, no matter the effort she had to put into it.

The blood over her eye had dried up too, but the wound could use a cleaning to avoid infection, and it would be wise to get her some stitches afterwards. It's not be easy to see right away, as she had her bandanna wrapped up around the worst part to provide some pressure, but the amount of blood on said piece of cloth wouldn't allow her to hide there being a wound, that much were certain.

"Have potions worked on you before?"

"No. They tried back when we were small fillies, and Void got an eye infection. It didn't work, and she didn't get any proper medicine in time."

The reason for Void a glass eye now. Well, normally anyway. Currently, as she'd remove the blood-soaked bandanna to allow the doctor to look her over, there's just be the empty socket. Hopefully she could soon get to a forge and start to work on crafting a new one, and perhaps get an eye patch until then, so that she wouldn't get sand in there.

Normally Null would've been aggressive and dismissive towards the changeling, but whilst she still didn't overly trust their kind, right now it were probably the only medical help they'd get, and Void needed it, so she'd keep her comments and mistrust to herself for now. She'd keep an eye on him though, just in case.

"Have salves or other healing ointments?"

"I d-don't think w-we've ever tried. We uhm, j-just assumed it w-wouldn't work."

Before the facility, they'd still think this too. That place however, had shown that some things apparently did work for some reason, so currently she just couldn't say for sure anymore.

They'd try the offered things, with a priority given to Void's wound first, and then they'd see. If it didn't work, it were down to some alcohol over Void's wound, along with stitches, and a splint for Null, to make sure she didn't mess around with her wing whilst it were healing up, and risking it actually breaking. She wouldn't be happy about it, but medicine weren't all about sunshine and rainbows. It were about doing what worked.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

"We'll live. I'm s-sorry that we couldn't get F-Foe back with us, C-Consul..."

The Consul simply shook his head sadly, "Don't be, she knew the risks, and I'm sure you two did all you could." He would turn to leave as the changeling medic started bandaging them. "Come back to the estate once you're well enough, we should be able to attach your new wing by then, especially if you're willing to incorporate those feathers you've gathered." he motioned to the plated feathers Null had gotten off Basher. Then he walked back off the ship, "Oh, if you're well enough, I'll be making the announcement of your success at sunset, it might do you good to see their gratitude when they hear of it." With that he would leave them to their healing.

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

"I d-don't think w-we've ever tried. We uhm, j-just assumed it w-wouldn't work."

The changeling simply nodded at that, "More likely than not it won't, but at the very least the gel is sanitary and will keep the silt and sand out. Normally I would harden it, but that would require magic."

He would clean out the open wounds with alcohol before applying the gel bandages, the gel would cool and numb the areas removing much of the pain, at least on the surface. Null's damaged wing would be splinted and strapped to her side to discourage her from moving it too much, and Void's empty eye would be carefully cleaned and covered with a patch. "You'll need a new eye, as quick as you can get it, but this should keep the sand out in the mean time. The rest of the bandages will hold until you can get down to the hospital, you'll need proper stitches to prevent a scar, no sense giving you field stitches here when you can get professional ones down there." He'd point out the hospital to them, it was the same one they had gone to in search of their family, then move to start bandaging up the others with more magical means.

On 1/4/2020 at 9:40 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"Come back to the estate once you're well enough, we should be able to attach your new wing by then, especially if you're willing to incorporate those feathers you've gathered."

Null looked down at the feathers falling out of the weird suit she had been wriggling out of, whilst the doctor looked Void over. She had honestly forgotten she had picked these two up earlier on, but now they were going to be a help of sorts in the new wing?

The mare opened her muzzle to say something, then shut her trap again before she'd say something that she'd regret. Teasing about her wing were still a touchy subject, that she were not sure could actually be dealt with, and this talk about using these feathers too made it sound like something fishy was going on.

That being said, calling the Consul out on this and act like an ungrateful, disrespectful twerp right now were probably a bad idea, and better reserved for after they'd see if the whole process would even work. If not, she'd need to find something to throw at him beforehoof. Something heavy, preferably.

"...Alright. We'll get there later."

They needed to get treated here first, and potentially get to the hospital, since Void's wound looked pretty deep and likely needed some proper treatment, and then they had to go home and inform their parents on what had happened. After that, the estate, and then she supposed, they'd end up sleeping for half a day or something. The others probably needed that too, though what did she know? They barely knew them right now.

On 1/4/2020 at 9:40 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"You'll need a new eye, as quick as you can get it, but this should keep the sand out in the mean time. The rest of the bandages will hold until you can get down to the hospital, you'll need proper stitches to prevent a scar, no sense giving you field stitches here when you can get professional ones down there."

Void cringed a little as her wound were poked at and cleaned out. It hadn't hurt much in the moment, as the adrenaline and panic had sort of overtaken her system, but soon as that rush had died down, it were hard to not bite note in. Doubly so when it were cleaned and poked at like this, though it could be worse she supposed. He could've used pure alcohol, which would have caused her to whimper as an absolute minimum.

What did make her whimper some, were him cleaning out her socket. Not because it hurt or anything, but with all due respect to the doctor, he were a changeling, and having one with such an easy access point to something vital in her head, made her pretty nervous. Thankfully it were not something he took advantage off, and he even covered up after he were done to avoid more sand and dirt getting in there, so it would give her a bit more trust towards this one. Changelings in general too, though she'd still need some time before she felt completely safe around them. Old impressions were difficult to just move past in an instant. It would take time, and in this case, a trust exercise of sorts.

It were far less of a trust thing with Null, who just stood there and took getting her wing wrapped in in stride, and trying not to wince or show any sort of pain from having it moved around and bound to her. To her, it weren't good to show weakness to potential enemies, and changelings were still int hat camp. Though she supposed that this one were useful enough.

"Okay then s-sir, we'll g-go there now. And... T-Thank you for the h-help. I'll uhm... Look i-into making a n-new eye when we h-have the time."

After everything were said and done, the two of them would say farewell to the group, and be on their way towards the hospital. Though Void wanted to see their parents first, the doc were likely right that it were best that she got her head checked on first, and got sown up properly, before she got some sort of infection. Considering their condition made it so that magical medicine did not work, those things could be deadly, so it had to be dealt with as soon as possible.

Once they got there, Void would go straight up to the desk, and try to gain the attention of the one supposed to take in beings, by tapping the desk and clearing her throat, unless the attendant already saw her and addressed her of course. It would be pretty pointless to try and get attention from someone that already had.

"E-Excuse me? I g-got a beak in my head, a-and need some s-stitches. Could I g-get some help? P-Please?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(A bit of info I forgot last post.)

Part of the bandaging the changeling gave Void was a pair of bracelets, one purple and the other red. He also gave Null a purple one. "These are for the staff at the hospital so you won't need to explain everything again. The purple means magically nulled, in that magic remedies wont work, and the red indicates priority, in that its as if you were one of us going in there. They'll give you more long lasting purple ones when you leave so that if you're incapacitated later those that find you will know that magic won't work, if you want that is."

The changeling wouldn't stop them from discarding the paper bracelets if they decided to.

(Onto the main story)

The general atmosphere of the citizenry was different from when they left, not as imposing or somber, there was an air of excitement with a few near them commenting on what they thought the Consul would announce. Apparently the populous had been notified that something positive had happened, but as of yet were unsure what. As they neared the hospital things quieted back down around them, those well enough to do so seemed to avoid the medical district.

Entering the hospital it was still much like the last time they were there, still full of curtained off patients, and at the desk was the same buck as before, he looked surprised to see them. "Back so soon?"

8 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"E-Excuse me? I g-got a beak in my head, a-and need some s-stitches. Could I g-get some help? P-Please?"

The buck was further surprised when they got close enough to the desk for him to see her injuries, "Rot! That looks bad! Or, like it hurt.." he started looking through the papers on the crowded desk until he found a radio like the guards had, "Doctor Dala to reception please, red band needs facial stitches. looks like oh..." he quickly glanced over at Void again, "Three hooves worth? Says it was a beak, looks it too, so a deep cut."

The buck put down the radio and took a steadying breath before walking out from behind the desk, limping as he did, as he turned the corner to come into view his wooden hind leg was revealed, it looked almost like a natural tree that melded into his flank, the bottom carved to resemble a hoof, but he still had some trouble walking with it. Nonetheless he held a clipboard and was quickly writing things down as he motioned for the sisters to follow. "This way please, I'll fill out this paperwork as we go, the doctor will be along just as soon as se finishes with her current patient."

The buck led them down a crowded hallway into a small, but empty exam room, where he motioned for Void to get in the exam chair. The chair was configured for her to lay on her barrel with her hooves down, providing a somewhat comfortable wait.

It would be about fifteen minutes before the doctor arrived, a griffon with a lithe frame and long thin talons. She didn't say anything as she moved to examine Void's face, pressing a lever on the floor to raise her chair up to the griffon's level. "Zo. Heet by gryphon yes? No." she looked closer, "I zee, zhuo heet gryphon, wif head. Not good move, next time aim here" she motioned to the top of her neck, under the beak. "Zat way not take beak to face, or face to beak. Now, I can close wound, leave small scar, easy cover with coat, hardly notice when healed. This good?"

The buck would return with the tools the doctor would need for the procedure, including a small shave kit, a more permanent eye patch, and a temporary false eye, They seemed to be waiting for her approval before beginning the procedure.

@Illiad Easle

(Before they got to the doctor's room)

The sisters hadn't removed the bands they had gotten on, thinking them tacky, but ultimately pretty harmless, and they'd help explain things to the doctors without them having to waste a lot of time explaining their situation. Seemed like a smart accessory to keep on, at least for now.

On 1/7/2020 at 6:19 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"This way please, I'll fill out this paperwork as we go, the doctor will be along just as soon as se finishes with her current patient."

"...Y'know, it wouldn't be hard to make you a better leg than that. This town got any fishing line?"

Since her sister were a leg amputee, Null had a bit of a soft spot for others in the same situation, and had on occasion stopped up on the road to help out making a decent enough spare leg if they got the time, and the one in question weren't being a massive tool about things. It didn't gift them any life long friendships, but it had provided them with a bit of coin and goodwill at times, as well as a few head starts, from someone thinking it fair to at least wait to report them since they had been a help. Not the kindest thing, but considering the situations they were sometimes in, a head start were a head start, and even being a half minute ahead could be the difference between the gallows and freedom.

Void had the same thing with folks needing an eye or other minor glass work done, though it were rarer and more difficult to get done, as the right tools and a forge weren't always easy to get hold of. The few times she had to do it under duress certainly hadn't helped either, but it tended to go well enough, and well... Some places, a well crafted glass eye could earn you a meal and a blind eye, no pun intended.

She did fondly think back at the one time when they had sought shelter in a church that kept their presence a secret for a week, whilst Null healed for a week, in exchange for Void replacing their mosaic windows. The priests had generally been nice, if somewhat aloof and weird, and even kept them fed at a relatively stable schedule, so it had been one of the better times Void could remember. And it had resulted in a piece of work she had certainly been proud of too.

*sigh* She really hoped that place still stood, though something told her that the spawn had long since turned it to rubble, to get to someone huddling in there.

Void cringed a little at the grim thought suddenly entering her mind, whilst Null just followed along, potentially responding to the buck if he had some questions or comments regarding what she had said. Strange how less than a week ago, there were a better chance that she would've beaten a buck with his own leg than offer to help replace one... Troy were having a bad/good influence on her it seemed. Urgh.

(After the doctor showed up)

On 1/7/2020 at 6:19 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"Zo. Heet by gryphon yes? No." she looked closer, "I zee, zhuo heet gryphon, wif head. Not good move, next time aim here" she motioned to the top of her neck, under the beak. "Zat way not take beak to face, or face to beak. Now, I can close wound, leave small scar, easy cover with coat, hardly notice when healed. This good?"

The two of them didn't really have anything to chat about as they waited, and when the doctor showed up, it were pretty straight forward just listening to the female griffon. She had a pretty weird accent, but it weren't the first of their kind they had heard like this, and it did give them some indication were this particular bird had come from. A pretty big leap from her home it seemed, but yeah, with the world as it were, guess it made sense that sometimes safety were far away. Told quite a story of how messed up things had to be between there and here though.

"The g-griffon tried to k-kill my sister a-and I. I uhm... P-Panicked. I'm j-just happy it didn't h-hit my g-good eye.

And uhm... T-That sounds good, miss. W-Whenever you're ready."

Void would sit still as she were worked on, and try not to make any movements like flinching or the like. The quieter and stabler she sat here, the more precise things would be, and she knew that, so she'd do her outmost to not move around unless she were asked to. It shouldn't be too hard to avoid that.

A glance were sent though, towards the false eye they presented. It were a nice thought all things considered, but... Yeah, she really had to find a forge sooner, rather than later. And perhaps put some pamphlets up in the hospital for her skillset, as these were nice enough, but the color didn't match completely, and it were pretty easy to see that it were false. The lifeless, overly glassy nature to it gave it away rather easily.

She wasn't one to toot her own horn or anything, but she considered her own work to be superior to this at least. The eyes she had before, and that she had to make again, were good enough so that most she met in for example Equestria, hadn't even noticed that it weren't real unless the lighting were right for it, or she told them.

There With how things looked in Troy, and basically everywhere else too, something told her that she'd end up having to do a lot of this. Just like the one in the camp had mentioned, before the Consul found them the second time.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"...Y'know, it wouldn't be hard to make you a better leg than that. This town got any fishing line?"

The buck looked over inquisitively, then at his false leg, "Oh, this thing?" he shook it for emphasis, "You'd have to get it to stop growing first. I'm only limping since I haven't had time to shave it back down in a while. When I keep up on it it's just as good as a normal leg, no need to worry yourself."

"The g-griffon tried to k-kill my sister a-and I. I uhm... P-Panicked. I'm j-just happy it didn't h-hit my g-good eye.

And uhm... T-That sounds good, miss. W-Whenever you're ready."

The griffon would waste no time getting to work, cleaning the gash with a solution that stung and expertly shaving the hairs off about half a centimeter to either side of the wound. Once it was all cleaned she dabbed it with an ointment that numbed the area, then began stitching the wound closed from the top down, carefully inserting the new false eye, or allowing Void to do so if she insisted, before stitching her eyelid. (Given the previous eye was gouged by the cut, I assume her eyelid was at least cut if not split.) Once she reached the end of the stitches she went over them with a thin layer of what smelled of glue, then covered with gauze and bandages, the inside of the eyepatch had gauze in it, and she placed it over the now bandaged eye.

In all it went faster than one might have expected, and the griffon worked in almost complete silence, never missing a stitch. When she finally spoke it was almost booming in the quiet room. "Done. Don't make face, or get in fight. I check in five days, keep dry 2 days, keep bandage until tomorrow, remove gauze under eyepatch but don't remove eyepatch until I check."

She looked over at the buck who had written what she said down and passed it to Null. "If you'll follow me then, I'll lead you back out to reception."

The buck then led them back out the way they came, the griffon discarding the used needles and supplies as they left.

Once back in reception the buck took his seat at the counter, "Now, just come back when you can in five days, we'll squeeze you in."

Outside the sun was just passing noon, they had a few hours still until the Consul's announcement at sunset.

@Illiad Easle

On 1/9/2020 at 5:56 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"Oh, this thing?" he shook it for emphasis, "You'd have to get it to stop growing first. I'm only limping since I haven't had time to shave it back down in a while. When I keep up on it it's just as good as a normal leg, no need to worry yourself."

A leg that kept growing? Null didn't say anything, but she did raise an eyebrow at hearing this. Despite all the weird things that the two had seen out in the world for the twenty years they'd been on the run, it seemed there were still a lot of crazy stuff just waiting to baffle her.

"Done. Don't make face, or get in fight. I check in five days, keep dry 2 days, keep bandage until tomorrow, remove gauze under eyepatch but don't remove eyepatch until I check."

(the eye were taken out by herself afterwards, as it were splintering, so not gouged. The eyelid were cut though)

Felt like some pretty efficient doctor work she had gotten through, though as could be imagined, it were sort of uncomfortable at times. What with the stitches, the cleaning and everything... It were bound to sting, but at least it were over now, and Void were down to having to run some simple cleaning efforts to make sure that everything were in order, and that she didn't get some sort of infection. She could do that, though it would be weird for her to have a bald spot where her mane had been shaven off. It must look really weird, considering how inky black her coat color were, and now there were a spot just there, standing out like nothing.

*sigh* It could be worse though, right? She couldn't gone blind. Or gotten glass sharks in her brain. Both of those were just off the top of her head, and way worse than just having to deal with some cleaning and a bit of a spot were the fur would eventually grow out again. Honestly, she felt kinda bad for even having that small complaint, when she thought of how much worse it could've been, or how it were for Foe... Poor mare...

Void looked kinda distracted and miserable for a few seconds, before she were getting poked by a concerned Null, and snapped back into things.

"S-Sorry, I uhm... N-Nevermind. I'll do as y-you said doctor. Thank y-you for your h-help, and I'll s-see you in f-five days."

She scurried along, a blush on her face, and just wanting to get out of there before she made more of a fool of herself.

Once back in reception the buck took his seat at the counter, "Now, just come back when you can in five days, we'll squeeze you in."

"Alright. Try to get your leg cut before next time. You're gonna ruin your hip limping 'round like that."

Null knew this could well happen, from all the times she had to see Void in pain, or at least discomfort, when her own prosthesis weren't good enough to support her properly. Or weren't sitting comfortably on her stump for that matter. Either way, it limited her ability to walk right, hurt, and she had complained about feeling pain in her rear when they walked too long, until Null finally started to get a design right that could sort this whole thing out. This receptionist were gonna have the same issue if he didn't get sorted soon enough, but they'd see if he wouldn't get to it, once he heard the good news. Fairly certain that were what the Consul were aiming to announce later on.

Once they got outside, they both wandered straight towards the place they both knew they had to go before returning to the Consul's domicile later: Their parents house. Hopefully they'd be awake, so the two of them could show them that they had made it home safe, so they didn't have to worry anymore. Plus, they had quite the story to tell them.

Well... Null had one more, which after the words of the Basher, were growing to worry her a little when she thought of it. Though they'd see if they got the time for that nor, or if it had to wait for later.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

6 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Alright. Try to get your leg cut before next time. You're gonna ruin your hip limping 'round like that."

The Buck gave a lighthearted chuckle at that, but otherwise they were left alone as he turned back to his paperwork.

Their parent's house was right where they left it, and when they knocked their father was much quicker to open the door than he had been the previous time. His expression was of pure relief to see them, and no small amount of pain to see how injured they both were, he was careful as he tightly embraced them to cause no further damage before joyfully beckoning them inside, "I'm so glad you both made it back safe, the Consul came by and said you two had gotten back, but to see it for myself is a major relief. Your mother will be up soon, and I'm sure she'll be just as relieved. Don't tell her this, but I think I was more worried, she'll argue that she was."

Around the house there were boxes in various stages of being packed, it seemed thay were already in the process of getting ready to move to that new accommodation they had been approved for. "Come! Sit down! You two have earned a rest more than anyone, and I think I've earned hearing about it, if you're willing to talk about it that is."

@Illiad Easle

The two of them embraced their dad when he opened the door, not caring about their minor injuries one bit beyond Null moving to the other side, so that her wing wouldn't be pressed up against him during the hug. That really were the only damage she had, and as for Void, her injuries were mostly upper face related, so having her chin and side of the face on her father's neck wouldn't do a whole lot to impact that either.

They'd be reluctant to let go of him again though, especially Void, who really needed this feeling of comfort after everything that had happened. The fighting, the losses... It got to her, and she needed some feeling of safety. Null did the best she could, but there were just something about the somewhat gruff fur of their father that just had that extra level to it. A little flicker of her foalhood that hadn't been taken away from her yet.

On 1/11/2020 at 5:20 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"I'm so glad you both made it back safe, the Consul came by and said you two had gotten back, but to see it for myself is a major relief. Your mother will be up soon, and I'm sure she'll be just as relieved. Don't tell her this, but I think I was more worried, she'll argue that she was."

"You once said that smart ponies don't argue with mom."

"Just once. Mom heard you say it and smacked you with the good spoon. I remember she sometimes smiled when she looked at the dent she made in it."

Things may well have changed since then, but their mother had always been the force to reckon with back in their day, and while she wasn't violent, she did have her way or getting her point across. In that particular situation, smacking him with a spoon, who somehow dented. Neither of the sisters could remember if it were on their dads head, or one of the things he had on him perhaps, but they recalled the dent certainly. Void often saw that sort of forceful bluntness in Null over the years, just that with her, it had evolved to something far more extreme, as she relied on it to stay sane and feel in control out in the world.

The sisters both looked around and took note of all the boxes spread around. Seemed like their parents had also been busy when they were gone, getting ready to move into the new place. Somewhere that had room for the two of them too...

Null had that thought gnaw at her. What if she ended up taking off? They'd have been all prepared to have her there and readied somewhere, and then she'd just... Leave them all behind. Even if she claimed that it were to protect them, were it actually the case? And were it the right thing to do here? What if she had just ignored the warning signs, and she'd be forced to do something insane, like punish her sister, or her parents. No being were innocent in the grand scheme after all, there were just varied levels of sin they carried around.

Urgh, this were so much simpler before that annoying Tartarus-lover came around and messed with her head... A pony whom had escaped from the place, and were now likely at large, which she just knew were somehow going to bite her in the flank someday.

On 1/11/2020 at 5:20 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"Come! Sit down! You two have earned a rest more than anyone, and I think I've earned hearing about it, if you're willing to talk about it that is."

Butt here were other things tot hink about as the two sat down, and told the story from start to finish, not leaving out the grizzly details about what happened to Foe, the deaths and fights in general, how things had looked, and Null even flat out admitted to having spat on the stone marking their legacy. A sign of her intense disrespect for a legacy which had brought them nothing but grief, all because of a mad mare who fancied herself a seer, who thought it a wise choice to curse their entire bloodline. If Null could physically kick that one in the face, she would have.

"-and that's about it. Void's gonna be fine long as she cleans her wounds, and my wing's no big deal. Not like I can fly anyway."

"Well, the Consul said that they'd help you."

"I'm still not sure that were true, nor that he'd do anything good from here on out. We've done what he wanted us to do after all. What's to stop him from just pulling the rug away under us, and watch us fall down?

Hmph, we'll see at that announcement he's gonna be making. If the story's getting twisted, we need to run off before they roll in the gallows."

"I think you're being too paranoid, big sis... Dad? You know the Consul better. He wouldn't do something like that. R-Right?"

The nervous tone Void got at her question, whilst looking at her dad, made it clear that whilst she liked to think the best here, she weren't sure. Seeing as their dad had been in Troy for longer than the twerp had likely been in the limelight, he should be able to provide some insight into whatever or not they should prepare for the worst already, or if things might actually be fine for once. A thought they hadn't had since Equestria, and well, they all knew how That turned out...

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Their father seemed rather surprised by Null's negativity towards the Consul, "Never! Thusfar Consul Easle has been objectively the most honest Consul Troy's had in centuries. He kept the nation together in the wake of the Summer War and kept us together throughout the incident. He had every opportunity to leave with the rest of his family, but he stayed here in the last defense, and I have no choice but to respect that." He gave them a comforting smile, "If he told you he'd help, I have every confidence that he'll do everything he can."

It was about then that their mother would enter the room, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she carefully came around to embrace the sisters as their father had, "Thank the stars! He told me you'd been injured, but clearly I worried too much, you two don't look too bad, at least from the outside. How are you two doing inside? And what's this about the Consul?"

@Illiad Easle

On 1/13/2020 at 2:31 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"Never! Thusfar Consul Easle has been objectively the most honest Consul Troy's had in centuries. He kept the nation together in the wake of the Summer War and kept us together throughout the incident. He had every opportunity to leave with the rest of his family, but he stayed here in the last defense, and I have no choice but to respect that." He gave them a comforting smile, "If he told you he'd help, I have every confidence that he'll do everything he can."

"See? Dad vouch for him."

Null didn't respond to that, but just looked tot he side, stubbornly keeping her skepticism. Sure she'd like to be able to fly - by the gods what she wouldn't do, to be able to do that again - and there were a lot of voices in support of the Consul keeping his word, from Void, to their father, to Nine, and so on. Still, Null couldn't help but feel like something was going to go wrong, and that he'd somehow stab them in the back. Or the process wouldn't work. Or it were a trap somehow. Life hadn't exactly taught her that it were wise to have unwavering faith in another being, and throughout her life, she could only point at three whom she trusted. That being her family, yet of those three, she weren't entirely sure on Void's and her father opinion all the time.

No, the one whom she trusted more than anyone, even after this whole debacle of adoptions and who their real dad were, were her mother. Null had always been closer to her than anyone else, and her opinion were one that mattered quite a bit. Yet, this were one she hadn't heard currently, as the last few times they had met up, Null had either been in a near zombie like state, or their mother had been sleeping. So far, they hadn't met properly, face to face.

On 1/13/2020 at 2:31 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"Thank the stars! He told me you'd been injured, but clearly I worried too much, you two don't look too bad, at least from the outside. How are you two doing inside? And what's this about the Consul?

"Mom!"

There were nothing else mattering to Null now that she finally had the chance to see her mother face to face again. Hearing that she were around and pregnant were one thing, and another were to see her in the innermost torture chamber of her mind, but this? Seeing her here, in the flesh and blood? That were something that hit her rather hard, though she'd do everything to focus her embrace around the neck, as to not cause the foal to take damage. She'd never be able to forgive herself if that happened, even if it wasn't a little brother or sister with any blood relation to them. And thank everything for that.

Void smiled at their mother, but took a step back after she had given the mare a smaller hug. This moment were more needed for Null than her right now.

"We're okay mom. I just need to clean my wound and craft a new eye, and sis have to rest her wing.

And uhm... We were just talking about how the Consul said that he could help big sis fly again. I don't really understand it, but it sounded like he were going to help make her a wing with that... I think her name were Selena? The pony made of crystal.

It's just not easy to make sis believe that he means it. She's gotten used to not being able to trust others."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Their mother listened with a slightly curious expression, "Well, if anyone knew anything about artificial limbs it would be her, according to what I've heard her whole body is a sort of prosthetic. But who's to say if that's true or not." 

She would turn to giving Null whatever physical attention she would allow, perhaps offering some words of comfort from their foalhood. "I know it can be hard to trust after so many have betrayed, but if it helps any; if he doesn't do his utmost to fulfill his promise to you, he'll have me to deal with."

Soon after that there'd be a knock at the door, their father would move to open it unless stopped, there would be a pony there dressed in a long coat who they might recognize from the diner before their mission. Their father seemed surprised, "General Forerunner? What brings you here?"

"Paperwork mostly, we'll save the ceremony for a better day, I don't want to keep you from them, so I'll pass these to you and be on my way." He pulled a pair of documents out of a folder, they seemed to be rather high quality parchment.

"Hold on, these are..."

"Full pardons, just in case something comes up. I think we can agree they've earned them? Judge Diamond said it might ease their conscience a bit."

With that he gave a casual Trojan bow and turned away, their father closing the door behind him. Before turning to present the documents to both Null and Void.

They read:

By order of the Consul, Illiad Easle, the High Judge, Selena Diamond, & the Chief Councilor of Troy, L. Logs, The undersigned is hereby granted a full pardon for any crimes committed against Troy or her citizens before the undersigned date.

There was one for each of them, dated today.

@Illiad Easle

On 1/15/2020 at 5:00 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Their mother listened with a slightly curious expression, "Well, if anyone knew anything about artificial limbs it would be her, according to what I've heard her whole body is a sort of prosthetic. But who's to say if that's true or not." 

She would turn to giving Null whatever physical attention she would allow, perhaps offering some words of comfort from their foalhood. "I know it can be hard to trust after so many have betrayed, but if it helps any; if he doesn't do his utmost to fulfill his promise to you, he'll have me to deal with."

Null wouldn't find herself able to say anything back right in the moment, but her mother's words did manage to soothe her some. It weren't possible to completely remove her paranoia and mistrust of others however. It were too ingrained from many a life experience, which made it hard for her to even be comfortable putting a little faith in others, but just maybe, when the time came and she'd stand in front of the Consul again, she'd be able to if not trust his word, give him the benefit of the doubt.

In his favor though, were also that so far, she hadn't seen him deceive or try to harm them. It would carry quite a bit of way in establishing a lack of reason to outright hate him, even if his position irked her. Might be that it wasn't the same as when she had been a foal, but just the idea of dealing with the leadership of Troy, felt wrong somehow.

While this went on, the entrance of the general into the picture would draw in Void's attention, who recognized the general from yesterday. What were he doing here, of all places? He didn't seem to be accompanied by more guards, so he weren't likely there to arrest them, so what were his business here this time of day, when he should be preparing for the announcement? Guess they'd see soon, though Void would raise a hoof in greeting to him regardless, to try and be a little friendly. He didn't seem like a bad pony when she had last seen him, so there weren't any reason to be rude, right?

On 1/15/2020 at 5:00 AM, Illiad Easle said:

By order of the Consul, Illiad Easle, the High Judge, Selena Diamond, & the Chief Councilor of Troy, L. Logs, The undersigned is hereby granted a full pardon for any crimes committed against Troy or her citizens before the undersigned date.

"..."

Void tried to say something, but all that came out of her muzzle were a small whimper, whilst tears ran down her real eye. Normally there might be words about whatever or not they had done anything towards Troy itself, as they hadn't been there since they were small, but considering the facility might be scoured for evidence and some records in there might mention the small scale extinction of the staff they had caused, this did mean quite a lot. Especially if their involvement had already been found out, and yet, they were granted a pardon for their actions against that place. Something which Void were not overly proud off, but it weren't as if they had given them a choice, and the ones in there hadn't been kinder when they kidnapped them from Ponyville and likely *took care* of any witnesses to the act, to cover their tracks.

As for Null, she had barely managed to let go of their mother, and had been rubbing her eyes free of tears as much as she could before heading over to see what the big deal were. She wouldn't liked to have a word with whoever it were that had just come by, but whatever. He weren't all that important now, and if she heard her dad right, they'd likely run into him sooner or later anyway. Maybe later today when they sought out the Consul, in fact, but they'd see.

Before she had a chance to ask what were going on, Void would hold her copy towards her sister, who read it, and had her own reaction to it. A rather mellow one though, as she just rose an eyebrow at the piece of paper, rather than get all torn up like her little sister. The little... Emotional detour she had with their mother had helped get the worst of that sort out of her system, so she were more in control of herself, though feeling somewhat exposed, so to speak.

"Guess this means they know what happened at the facility. Only crime we've done against Troy."

Unless it were symbolic in a way, or referring to them defecting from the country as a crime, though in that case, she'd have to go and kick someone in the snout, because that were a disgusting thing to hold over them. A bit far fetched though, so it seemed unlikely for now.

"Maybe, but... You see now? The Consul isn't our enemy, big sis. He's helping us, especially if he found out."

"Hoping is more your thing, but if this is real... I guess he could be okay."

A weak point from her to the Consul, but hey, you'd have to take the victories where you could get it, right?

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Their parents exchanged concerned looks as the sisters discussed their pardons, but their mother ultimately ended the silent discussion with a shake of her head, "It can't have been that bad, or he never would have signed off on it."

Their father seemed consoled by that, "I don't think I've seen one with such general wording before, but no matter. It's a clean slate legally, and coming from the Consul that really means something. Now," He turned his attention back to the sisters, "We were going to go to the Consul's speech, we've got a good spot lined out too and we'd love to have you two there with us."

Their mother stepped in, "But if you'd rather, we could just listen to it here by radio. It's up to you."

(If they choose to go to the speech)

Their parents would don their robes to keep the sand off and lead the sisters out into the city, the sun was setting and the streets were already starting to crowd up a bit as creatures of all kinds and sizes sought out places to hear the speech. Near to the Consul's estate their parents took a detour into the courtyard surrounding the Trojan High Court building, leading them into one of the smaller buildings that surrounded the structure via their mother showing a guard her badge. In the building was a number of stabilized patients on cots, mostly those who simply needed rest and occasional observation after receiving immobilizing casts. They proceeded up some stairs until they exited through a hatch onto the roof of the building, giving them a straight view out to the podium where the Consul would no doubt shortly give his speech.

Behind the podium were a number of chairs, seated upon which already were General Forerunner, the Chief Councilor, Selena with her formal robe, an empty seat presumably for the Consul, and a unicorn mare in a standard robe, yellowish orange coat and fiery red mane, given how she kept adjusting the robe she didn't seem used to wearing it, and with how awkwardly she used her hooves, there was a very odd vibe about her.

(If they choose to stay home)

Their parents would nod, "Of course, more time together is never rejected." Their father would go into the back room and push out a crystal resonance radio, bringing it into the center of the room so they could all sit together on the couches and listen. After turning it on and adjusting it the radio would come to life. "-d Blast here, it struck most of us as a great surprise when the Consul announced that he'd be giving a speech. He hasn't done one like this since, well, the final battle. Which has left everyone wondering what the change could be to warrant such a precedent. We've had reports come in of major troop movements lately, two involving him actually leaving Troy, another thing he has done very rarely in recent years, no doubt these movements are related to whatever announcement he has for us. Stay tuned, and we'll bring you his words as he gives them."

@Illiad Easle

On 1/17/2020 at 6:28 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"It can't have been that bad, or he never would have signed off on it."

Neither of the sisters were gonna address this is any way, shape or form. Might've been that Void were willing to tell the Consul that they were able to kill if need be, but that had been because she thought it might be what he wanted them to do. It had made sense at the time.

But telling their parents? No, that just wasn't an option, unless they outright demanded Void to tell them, in which case she might actually cave in and do as she were told. She doubted her big sis would though. Null would probably rather argue and get into a shouting match about that being none of their business, rather than break the spell and confirm what their parents had potentially thought about already.

On 1/17/2020 at 6:28 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"But if you'd rather, we could just listen to it here by radio. It's up to you."

"I'd like to go, please."

Void's (and potentially their parents) eye(s) got turned towards Null then, wanting to hear what her opinion would be about them going out there and risking getting caught, or something else.

"...Fine, fine, I'll go. Not like they don't know where to look after us if we stay put anyway. At least outside there's escape routes."

Sure would be easier if she could fly, but that were a bitter thought for her to chew on as they made their way towards the spot their parents had sought out for the show.

(After arriving)

"I wonder who the mare is. She doesn't seem like she wants to be there."

Void looked towards the podium, trying to get some sort of idea what to expect, based on who had already shown up.

The only one who stood out to her though  were the strange mare, as she had seen the others and it made sense for them to be there. This one though? Sorta seemed like a diplomat of sorts who had gotten roped into the job and weren't feeling good about it. Or some sort of socially awkward mare who usually did her job in the background, and had gotten pushed into the limelight. Potentially both.

"I'm more wondering what the Consul's gonna say, and if it's just gonna be about this whole thing. Seemed like he got mighty happy about something before we descended into Tartarus anyway. Whatever that were, might be worth a listen."

Null only sent a passing glance at the stage, not caring much until the Consul showed up, so instead she wandered around the rooftop and looked over potential escape routes out of here, in case something happened.

There were a few to chose from depending on whatever or not they were chased on ground only, such as jumping rooftops and/or descending into some narrow alleyways, but either way, it would be an escape for Void and her only. Their mom shouldn't risk it in her condition, and Null would skull-bash her dad if he tried to ditch his pregnant wife. Something which she highly doubted he'd be willing to do regardless of basically anything anyway.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1