Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Any Firearms Enthusiasts Here?

Phosphor

Anyone into firearms, target practice, or gunsmithing?

I love revolvers, especially older S&W models. I do quite a bit of target practice in cooler weather. I also do some minor gunsmithing, as it's pretty neat to see how everything works.

• Brohoof 3

I've always had getting a gun licence in the back of my mind, but it's still never been high enough a priority for me to actually do it. Even if I got a licence and a gun, I'm not sure how much I'd use it. :P

Any time I have used a gun though, I've really enjoyed it.

Edited by Partialgeek514
  • Brohoof 3

20 minutes ago, Spooky Brony 2A said:

I haven't shot in a couple years. 

Wow! I can't go that long without doing some shooting. :P

Why so long?

9 minutes ago, Partialgeek514 said:

I've always had getting a gun licence in the back of my mind, but it's still never been high enough a priority for me to actually do it. Even if I got a licence and a gun, I'm not sure how much I'd use it. :P

Any time I have used a gun though, I've really enjoyed it.

A gun license? What's that?? :P (I live in a permit-less carry state.)

Get one and head to the range with it. You'll use it a lot. Target practice is kinda addictive. 

8 minutes ago, Arc Flash said:

I am.B)

I collect, build and shoot all kinds of guns. I go shooting when I can.

I also use to hunt a lot...but Im not in to that anymore..It got old fast...:yuck:

Yayy! I:yay:

I just got back into target practice a few days ago when the cooler weather came thru. I still hunt but mainly small game. I don't hunt deer. I feed them instead.:laugh:

• Brohoof 2

I live in a state you have to have a permit for concealed, and I use it everyday!:sneer:

I use to do the whole deer hunting thing...but man...you talk about a mess...:lostit::yuck:

• Brohoof 3

I own a fair number of guns and go to the range monthly or every other month depending on cash and how busy I am. I have carried every day since I left the military so for the last 7 years. I enjoy trying to hunt but as I have not gotten any small game yet I refuse to hunt larger animals like deer. I if I cant hit a small target Ive no business going for a big on as I refuse to let an animal suffer due to lack of skill on my part. 

• Brohoof 3

13 minutes ago, Arc Flash said:

I live in a state you have to have a permit for concealed, and I use it everyday!:sneer:

I use to do the whole deer hunting thing...but man...you talk about a mess...:lostit::yuck:

I do have a carry permit but mainly for when I travel to neighboring states since they don't have constitutional carry. I usually carry a pocket pistol everyday.

Ha ha. Yep! 

11 minutes ago, AveryGamerDude said:

I am personally, even though I am VERY left wing. I love guns. But I think its a bad idea to let people carry them in public.

Lately, I've run across more and more left leaning gun owners. I think it's great. Some people tend to think of gun owners as crazy right wingers (I'm libertarian), even tho that's not the case. 

9 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

I own a fair number of guns and go to the range monthly or every other month depending on cash and how busy I am. I have carried every day since I left the military so for the last 7 years. I enjoy trying to hunt but as I have not gotten any small game yet I refuse to hunt larger animals like deer. I if I cant hit a small target Ive no business going for a big on as I refuse to let an animal suffer due to lack of skill on my part. 

I like small game such as rabbit and squirrel but I just can't hunt deer. I enjoy watching them when they come on the property.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Spooky Brony 2A said:

It is expensive and I'm lazy, too much work to clean. I am a terrible shot.

I hear ya on the expensive part but too much work to clean? You load your ammo with black powder? :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Spooky Brony 2A said:

too much work to clean.

That is my zen time. I enjoy cleaning my guns its my time to zone out and just be. 

I can't say I am an amazing shot but I am decent. I use playing cards at the heart and " fatal T " at about 15 to 20 yards for practice. 

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

That is my zen time. I enjoy cleaning my guns its my time to zone out and just be. 

I can't say I am an amazing shot but I am decent. I use playing cards at the heart and " fatal T " at about 15 to 20 yards for practice. 

With small pocket pistols, I can keep the shots within a paper plate at 10 yards. I'm much better with a 4" barrel revolver. The balance seems to be just right.

4 minutes ago, Spooky Brony 2A said:

Some of the ammo is corrosive. I just stock pile it. 

Corrosive ammo... You collect old military surplus rifles?

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Phosphor270 said:

Corrosive ammo... You collect old military surplus rifles?

For older rifles I have a k98 from WW2, a Mosin Nagant, and a Springfield 1903.

Edited by Spooky Brony 2A
  • Brohoof 1

Haven’t shot in forever.... with my dad kind of dead and shit :mlp_lie:.... but I’ve shot every kind of shit, even thrown a couple of live “eggs” :catface:. Oh well, guess I have to wait until I get my permit and buy a toy or two. I’d love having my own Glock :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

11 minutes ago, Spooky Brony 2A said:

For older rifles I have a k98 from WW2, a Moisin Nagant, and a Springfield 1903.

Neat! I have a 1933 Mosin Nagant (Hex receiver) and recently inherited a Lee Enfield chambered in .303 British. I shoot modern ammunition in them, tho it is pretty expensive. :sealed:

9 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Haven’t shot in forever.... with my dad kind of dead and shit :mlp_lie:.... but I’ve shot every kind of shit, even thrown a couple of live “eggs” :catface:. Oh well, guess I have to wait until I get my permit and buy a toy or two. I’d love having my own Glock :fluttershy:

My granddad taught me how to shoot and hunt when I was a kid. I've never thrown any live "eggs" before. I'm coming to your house, where the fun is! lol :catface:

It never seems to stop at a toy or two. Next thing ya know, there's 30 or more guns in the cabinet. :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Trix or Treat? said:

last time i shot a real gun was about 10 years ago, now i just use airsoft guns where i can shoot at other people, more fun this way

At least the ammo is cheaper! :mlp_grin:

For some reason, I never got into paintball or airsoft. I hear it's a ton of fun.

• Brohoof 2

The only guns I’ve ever fired were a Glock 9, and AR-15 and whatever the heck the gun in the first picture is in a shooting range. Seriously, i have pictures and videos of me using these things on my phone. Here are some the photos. I aint too shabby with a rifle and my pistol work is getting better

578B8823-F2E9-4922-9363-E131775CFD98.jpeg

41E27171-3675-4178-B492-8D8A696BACFA.jpeg

Edited by Kronos the Revenant
  • Brohoof 3

7 minutes ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

The only guns I’ve ever fired were a Glock 9, and AR-15 and whatever the heck the gun in the first picture is in a shooting range. Seriously, i have pictures and videos of me using these things on my phone. Here are some the photos. I aint too shabby with a rifle and my pistol work is getting better

578B8823-F2E9-4922-9363-E131775CFD98.jpeg

41E27171-3675-4178-B492-8D8A696BACFA.jpeg

That is awesome! I haven't shot my AR in a while. It spends most of its time being a safe queen. :adorkable:

52 minutes ago, AveryGamerDude said:

I am personally, even though I am VERY left wing. I love guns. But I think its a bad idea to let people carry them in public.

Being right-wing isn't a requirement for liking guns, but the image of gun culture is white middle class "super manly" republicans it seems. I hope that image changes soon.

This communist trans girl loves guns!

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Phosphor270 said:

My granddad taught me how to shoot and hunt when I was a kid. I've never thrown any live "eggs" before. I'm coming to your house, where the fun is! lol :catface:

Don’t bother, I’ve hardly shot anything some my dad retired (he was in the military), and it didn’t helped that we had to give his guns away after he was murdered :sunny:. Good thing in the end, otherwise three things would’ve happened

1-Commit suicide

2-Commit suicide

3-Murder at least two criminals....... then commit suicide :fluttershy:

well yeah, I wasn’t in the healthiest state of mind back then, and that’s why I support a stricter gun control policy. Despite my relative little practice, I have used all kinds of guns, mostly military-grade, and I have a great accuracy. It’s scary how easy would have been for me to kill two bad people for revenge :sunny:

• Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, Phosphor270 said:

With small pocket pistols, I can keep the shots within a paper plate at 10 yards. I'm much better with a 4" barrel revolver. The balance seems to be just right.

44 minutes ago, Spooky Brony 2A said:

What caliber do you shoot from the revolver? 

19 minutes ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

Ok that looks like a Sig Saur of some sort but I cant tell if its 9mm or 40 Cal. Oh and your finger placement on that rifle made my hair stand up. I know its unloaded clearly in the picture but :stressed:

9 minutes ago, Venomous said:

My family doesn't own any firearms but I wish to once I live on my own.

I suggest going to a range that lets you rent on now. That way you get a feel for what you enjoy and what works for you. Saves a lot of money in the long run.

Oh as for what I own I own:

A glock 21 that is my daily carry

A Remmington 870 

A Smith and Wesson Model 10

An AK

and a Pocket .25 caliber pistol

Then the BF has his collection as well. 

• Brohoof 2