Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I feel sorry for Mistmane.

gingerninja666

Think about it. Campfire Tales showed us that Mistmane was an incredibly powerful and skilled sorceress in her own right. She used a flower to revitalize an entire land and sacrificed seemingly a lot of her own life.

And then she ended up in a team alongside Starswirl. Probably the most gifted unicorn in many MANY generations, and she wound up being overshadowed. I dunno, I just always felt a bit bad for her. Like, she never got the recognition she probably deserved. Kinda like Stygian in a way, though his fate was far worse until Shadow Play.

I do wonder who'd win in a fight though, Mist or Star.

• Brohoof 2

Starswirl might win, since he created hundreds, if not thousands of spells single-handedly.

unfortunately, there are a lot of people (and ponies) who d great things and yet get overshadowed by others.

I completely understand how one might feel sorry about how she seems to be shadowed by Starswirl or even Clover the clever, but Mistmane seems to be such a selfless pony that recognition is probably in the bottom of her ambition goals.

She saved her best friend from herself and started to spread beauty and compassion across the land instead of claiming the throne or a high rank for herself.

• Brohoof 4

I agree with her being underutilized, but I think Mistmane wouldn't want people sympathizing with her over that. She didn't give up her lifespan, just her looks, and it was a sacrifice she made herself out of the good will in her heart, not something she had to do. That's what makes it so special, and I feel pitying her for it kind of undermines it.  

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I agree with her being underutilized, but I think Mistmane wouldn't want people sympathizing with her over that. She didn't give up her lifespan, just her looks, and it was a sacrifice she made herself out of the good will in her heart, not something she had to do. That's what makes it so special, and I feel pitying her for it kind of undermines it.  

Well said. Mistmane doesn't care if she herself looked "ugly" or "old". She choose to do this to help her friend and home village.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I personally don't think she's that overshadowed. Each of the Pillars, to me, is special in their own way, and it shows through their individual legends. Meadowbrook may not be as strong an Earth pony as Rockhoof, but she's good with medicine and animals, apparently. Similarly, Mistmane might not be as accomplished as Starswirl, but she definitely did something remarkable by giving up her beauty to restore her village. As a result, she's a legend in Equestria.