Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Fallen Asleep While Driving?

Venomous

Have you ever fallen asleep while driving? I have done this once and I ended up driving over a curb, resulting in a flat tire. I take sedatives at night to put me to sleep and if I don't sleep them off totally, I am still super drowsy in the morning. 

A couple of years ago I was in a terrible car crash. It was a single car crash, involving my car and a very large tree. I came very close to dying. I have no actual memory of the crash, having awakened three days later in the hospital. I think the answer is probably yes.

I haven't driven a car since then. Frankly, I'm too scared to.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

The closest I really came to that was nodding off a few times while driving to work. That was maybe...around 10 years ago; I think. It never led to anything bad other than me driving my right side tires off the road, but that always scared me awake. Hasn't happened since; thankfully.

Yes i have dozed off while driving once. It was on the way home from eating chinese buffet and i just recently got my license to drive. The conditions were against me as i was very comfortable in my seat, with the air on and a full stomach. I slowly dozed off and I woke up to my car running through the gravel on the side of the road. I quickly corrected and was on my way BUT i have never done that again. Scared me too much.

• 5 months later...

I came close but I've never fell asleep. Did a 14 hour drive from St Louis to Jacksonville nonstop (besides refueling.) Could barely keep my eyes open, hoping I won't have to do that again.