Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever fell asleep in class?

Metallic Strings

Have you fallen asleep in class. I did in 3rd grade, and my teacher made me stay in for recess and do the assignment throughout recess. It happened again during literature in 7th grade and I heard my teacher say if I was going to follow along? I heard it again, then I heard it again really loud and I realized I was dreaming the first two times. I wake up and I'm all like okokokokok I will.

• Brohoof 3

I fell asleep at least once in every single place I can think off.

Edited by Shadow Beam

This year in college I tend to fall asleep quite often due to a lack of sleeping.

I fall asleep in a weird in class and my sleep last a couple seconds and it repeats itself during the course of the class and it's annoying

No matter how hard I try to stay awake I still try to beat sleep in class to keep being attentive to the teacher.

• Brohoof 1

I almost did... in my final year of sixth form, I wasn't a huge fan of sleep...  :please:Which is probably one of the reasons why I found it very difficult to concentrate all of a sudden.  -_- In the lessons, my head just kept lowering against my will, and it wouldn't have gone too well if I actually did fall asleep, considering how I was always at the front of the class :P

• Brohoof 1

I almost have actually! It only happens during first period though. After that I'm good. I just have to get up so darn early, so the first hour of my day is sooooo tiring. x3

I did all the time in high school since I would often get done with my work early. But since I've been in college I've very rarely, if at all, fallen asleep in class. That might just be because the majority of my classes are music related, so I need to be awake to participate. I still feel tired all the time, though.

Just in college.  I work night shifts then have morning classes, so i never get to sleep.  i actually dropped this semester of school because i didn't want to fail the class from sleeping through it all the time :(

Every single day to this day, which I am still in high school and still do it. The one time I didn't is where I hid a monster and sipped from it every now and then. Don't know why but I just can't stay awake in school, I am so tired when I come home.

Lie my head down to take a nap, and it seems like all the energy that was hiding in my body comes out to play.

• Brohoof 1

I did once or twice by accident. The one I remember the best though was this time in one of my English classes.

I like English, but that particular teacher was so dull and monotone (and we were using the overhead projector, so the lights were off) that I just dozed off. And when I was started awake again, I looked around and noticed that pretty much the entire class had their heads down on their arms. I have no idea why the teacher didn't notice. At least I assume he didn't notice, because if I was a teacher and noticed that half my class was asleep, I'd flick on the lights and wake them up before continuing.

Edited by ShadOBabe

Every once in a while.  I've figured out which classes are the worst for this, and drink some coffee before showing up.  I had a pretty funny incident last semester, though.  Two of my friends were getting married on a Sunday in another state, and I had an 8:30 am class the next day, so I stayed at the wedding until 7 pm, drove home, and got as much sleep as I could.  Then I showed up to class with a large coffee (the professor let us bring drinks to class), and ended up falling asleep still clutching the coffee cup in my hand.  I think the professor didn't wake me up because she realized that I was really doing my best to stay awake.

• Brohoof 1

Every once in a while. I've figured out which classes are the worst for this, and drink some coffee before showing up. I had a pretty funny incident last semester, though. Two of my friends were getting married on a Sunday in another state, and I had an 8:30 am class the next day, so I stayed at the wedding until 7 pm, drove home, and got as much sleep as I could. Then I showed up to class with a large coffee (the professor let us bring drinks to class), and ended up falling asleep still clutching the coffee cup in my hand. I think the professor didn't wake me up because she realized that I was really doing my best to stay awake.

Lol yeah, I've had days sorta like that. It's the only time I almost fall asleep in class--with a large cup of coffee in my hand. :P

Most ashamedly, yes.

It happened because of working the stupid night shift. I would go straight from work on Monday mornings to the campus and not get back home until, like, 8 PM.

I didn't have the problem in most classes, except for the psychology one that was around 4 in the afternoon. I could never stay awake in that class, and I felt terrible. D: The professor was understanding, and I did well in the class anyway.

The worst thing was that sometimes I would get really sleepy in orchestra. We had this really long piece, with a LARGE amount of rests for me, and I remember almost dozing off during that time. That could have been disastrous. >.<

My entire middle school career, I was notorious for falling asleep in class. My teachers expected it. Sometimes they'd embarrass me for it but most of the time we all had this silent agreement that I can sleep so long as I have good grade. Some openly admitted that they were grading me harder than most students, but I still got A+s everywhere. So yay for sleeping in class!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

Yes, 9th grade year I had a computer class that was watching videos that had a monotone voice narrating it and no matter my best efforts I would always fall asleep. I got to a point where I would rest my head on my hands to make it look like I was still awake