Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Have any of you taken an ASVAB test?

Denim&Venöm

In high school, did you ever decide to take the ASVAB (armed services vocational aptitude battery)? And for those that don't know, it's a test sponsored by all the branches of the armed forces to test how qualified you'd be to join and what your potential could be. 

Were you considering joining the military? We're you just curious about how well you would do? Where there a bunch of soldiers there? Do you end up getting calls from recruiters like I did? And how well did you do?

th?id=OIP.-QRaPU9T5Rx265-lhFGo9QHaLN&pid

In my school, on Halloween we were going to. Most of my grade went into the lunch room to take it and I sat with a bunch of girls and we were about to take the test however it wouldn't work, because of the internet having issues. We ended up not taking the test.

My school gave the test to everyone. I have no idea how I did, but I must have done too well because I got TONS of mail from the Navy and the Marines particularly... Of course, I had zero interest in joining, but they kept on anyways. They wouldn't want me, that's for sure. 

I've never even heard of this :mlp_huh: I really want to try it out now.

I guess there wouldn't have been any reason to have it since we had the ROTC program so if you were serious about joining you'd most likely sign up for that.

I'm almost surprised that this would be allowed since it was already kind of controversial to have recruiters on campus.

Update: I was going to give it a go but apparently it's 3.5 hours long so no thank you.

Edited by SharpWit

All my life my family did everything in their power to stop the military getting its paws on me, and vice versa. As such, I never went to ROTC or took any tests.

HOWEVER I did try enlisting recently and i took a test of some sorts.I had a recruiter say it was basically the same thing high schoolers did, but im not sure since i never took the highscool test.

There really wasn't an equivalent thing in Canada when I was in school (35-some years ago). Though there was a general aptitude test thing (not a military one), that was ridiculous. I vaguely remember getting 'helicopter pilot' out of that one.

• 3 months later...

Took it, joined the USN, currently recovering from an injury. I can answer all questions from the Test (Not including answers.) To recruitment, to MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station) to Basic Training for the Navy.

I got a 97, only meet one guy who had higher than me. Dude had a 99. Score doesn't matter too much for enlisting, you only need like a 30 for the Army and if you can breath you can get a 30 easy.

As for schools calling you, most high-schools give your names to local recruitment offices. I got a ton of calls from the National Guard after I enlisted with the Navy, it was hilarious to hear their reactions.