Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Have you seen any animes in their entirety?

stainesbrony

If I go to watch an Anime, I intend to finish the series completely. There's just no questions asked when it comes to something like that.

Seeing just one episode of something really irks me. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

The only one that I have finished completely is Trigun though that one was only 26 episodes long. I hope to catch up in One Piece as I started watching that a month or two ago. I still have a long way to go to catch up there.

The only major manga I have completed is Psyren and wow did that one suck.

Only watched one in its entirety - Elfen Lied. 
Not only did I watch this one entirely, but I did it in one sitting. All 13 episodes.
A little too heavy on the gore side of things for me, but I did enjoy the plot, and the rollercoaster of emotions that I experienced while watching the anime.
And, of course, the theme is absolutely heavenly.

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur

Recently, not really. But going off of my list on myanimelist.net, I have completed 77 anime shows/movies.

Some of my favorites are: Black Lagoon, Azumanga Daioh, Beck, Hetalia, Kill Me Baby, Welcome to the NHK, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, School Rumble, Lucky Star, Soul Eater, and Usagi Drop.

I really like anime

Edited by AyoMistadurrk

Ditto to what Sapphire-Ashes said! When I watch an anime that interests me, I tend to want to watch the series in its entirety.

That being said, some of the series that I've watched in their entirety are:

Read or Die

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Elfen Lied

Panty and Stocking With Garterbelt

Witchblade

Trigun

FLCL

Cowboy Bebop

And that's about all I can think of for now! I'll post more, if I remember to!

Yes, I've completed two animes, but it's not really much of an accomplishment as they were pretty short (only about 12 episodes for each series.) They were Angel Beats! and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. 

Alright, I can't be the only one who has finished all their animes. To me, it feels strange not finishing one! I've watches Soul Eater, Fairytail, Black Butler, Fruits Basket, Dangan Ronpa, Higurashi, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Attack on Titan, Chobits, and several more. The only anime I haven't finished is Naruto..that anime is longggg.

Why watch an anime and not finish it? (well, unless it's a 600 episode show, with endless filler or you an anime and it sucks).....I have seen SO MANY ANIME that I honestly cannot list all the ones I've finished.ᅠ There's just too many to think of, I've been an anime 'freak' since middle school, and was a avid participant in my high school's anime club, not to mention anime being the sole thing I watched in college, and this past summer, I just got caught up in the newest stuff that coming out now, instead of watching anime from years past. I will try to list what I can off the top of my head...

Full Metal Alchemist (and Brotherhood),

Hellsing (and Ultimate)

Watamote,

Scr-y-ed,

Princess Tutu,

Ergo Proxy,

Magical Play,

Madoka Magica,

Princess Jellyfish,

Fairy Tail,

Hen-Zemi,

Code Geass,

Ouran High School Host Club,

Fruits Basket,

Chobits,

Durarara,

Soul Eater,

Welcome to the NHK,

original Naruto (went to manga only when Shippuuden came out and have since grown out of it),

Mushi-shi,

Deadman Wonderland,

Wolf's Rain,

Baccano,

Stein's Gate,

Mawaru Penguindrum,

Samurai Champloo,

Fractale,

Paranoia Agent,

Haibane Renmei,

Kaleido Star,

Last Exile,

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt,

Spice and Wolf (II too),

Trigun,

Keroro Gunsou,

Cowboy Bebop,

Hamtaro,

Kimba the White Lion,

Silver Spoon, and the list goes on and on....

Currently, I am watching/keeping up with Kill La Kill, Fate Zero (into season 2 now), Genshiken (Nidame), the Monogatri series (Second Season), Mistudomoe, and an already complete one; Sound of the Sky.....I am also thinking of (eventually) delving into Darker than Black, Kamisama no Memochou, Higurashi (I keep rewatching the first few epsiodes but get too freaked out to go any farther), Log Horizon (once more episodes come out, I'll have a marathon), Serial Experiments Lain, and there's quite a few others on my “To Watch” list....

Edited by Treble Bolt

• 10 years later...

Yep! Not counting movies I've seen:

Naruto

Naruto Shippuden

Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball Super

Serial Experiments Lain

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Servamp

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

All in their entirety, not counting filler episodes in the case of Naruto. Honestly I really don't watch that much anime. Most of it just doesn't catch my attention unless it's battle anime like Naruto or JoJo, or extremely unique like Lain and Evangelion.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 2024-03-05 at 4:13 PM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Watching every episode of an anime?  That is a chore I can't complete:scoots:  

Same. Filler is a big reason why I'm thinking to just watch the key episodes of One-Piece. 

________

Edit: Let's see, I remember watching:

FLCL
Crayon ShinChan
Tenchi Muyo
Case Closed
Inuyasha
Trigun

...but I don't remember if I finished them 'cause I watched them on cable TV.

Edited by Sasoriman
  • Brohoof 1

On 2024-03-07 at 6:18 AM, Fluttershutter said:

According to MyAnimeList I've seen 150 anime in their entirety but that includes movies.

Looking through it more than sixty of those don't count. Some are movies, some are seasons or OVAs that are counted separately for some annoying reason.

I’ve seen countless anime series and movies. It’s going to be nearly impossible to name all the series, but I’ll try to remember as many as I can. (In no particular order).

Tsuredure Children,

Akiba Maid Wars,

Reincarnated as a Sword,

Girls’Last tour,

Drifting Dragons,

Zom 100 (Bucket List of the Dead),

Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions,

Girls und Panzer,

Sword Art Online,

Gun Gale Online,

Domestic Girlfriend,

Maid Sama,

Rent-A-Girlfriend,

Made in Abyss,

School-Live,

Housing Complex C,

Kokoro Konnect,

Cells At Work,

High School of the Dead,

Monthly Girls Nozaki Kun.

I know there are lots more but summoning the names isn’t happening right now, so this is just a sample. My anime movie list is far longer than the series list.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2024-04-01 at 9:08 PM, ZiggWheelsManning said:

That's an incredible journey @Dreambiscuit:hug_day:  Even though you might not play Star Wars:  The Old Republic, you've broken a world record by watching that much Anime:Thorax:  

I seem to have too much time on my hands sometimes. 

I'd love to spend some of that time playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, but I turn into a very snotty child when playing video games and my family wouldn't tolerate that for long. 

All the Four Dragon Ball animes (or 5 if you consider Kai), and a 25 or 26 episodes anime that I can't remember the name, watched it because of a friend I had in 2020, it was about two girls, one with orange hair and the other had purple or blue hair, it was very crazy :lie:

All the other animes I watched I stopped watching after a few episodes either because they didn't excite me enough to convince me to watch them in their entirety, or simply because I forgot to continue them (yeah and happened multiple times :scoots:)

Hard to say, since it feels like every other anime has some obscure OVA attached to it. Off the top of my head:

• Hand Maid May
  • Dragonauts
  • Karin
  • Azumanga Daioh
  • G Gundam
  • Big O
  • Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne
  • Claymore
  • Spice & Wolf
  • Digimon G2-4
  • Beyblade S2
  • High School of the Dead

This is going to take a bit.....and I wont out the full list given I have been watching anime from a super young age.....

• Gundam wing
  • R,Kensin
  • Sailor Moon 90s
  • Sailor Moon Crystal
  • Trigun
  • Naruto
  • FLCL
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Lain
  • Shugo Chara!

• Carol and Tuesday
  • Samurai Champloo
  • Both Fruit Baskets
  • DBZ and all the movies
  • Ronin Warriors
  • 25 of all 30 Gundam animes TV shows
  • Noragami
  • Angel Beats
  • Pokemonish
  • Digimon (a lot of them 1,2,3,4,5 seasons.....)
  • 12th Kingdom
  • FMA 
  • FMA Brotherhood
  • Inuyasha
  • Outlaw star
  • Zoids
  • Rave Master
  • DragonBall
  • Bleach  
  • Host Club
  • AND SO MUCH MORE!
  • 7 Samurai