Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Totally, Nyx, Lyra, and Roseluck

Totally Nyx

On 12/10/2019 at 8:26 PM, Dark Horse said:

What would be your most ideal gift, Nyx? ^_^

That took a little longer than expected, but I'm back with a letter with Nyx's reply.

1586083273_NyxLetters.PNG.0b87d781cdd137d2d5e90a9e67aed20b.PNG

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Has Totally told you about those newfangled driverless wagons?". :wacko:

Driverless wagon? What's that? I've seen cars, they're like wagons but the human rides in it instead of pulling it. Wouldn't a driverless one roll out of control until it hit something? :wacko:

I'm confused. How could this "car" thing go if nopony's pulling it? :o

It's something we like to call "human magic". We make it move with sheer force of will. :love:

No they don't. It's just technology. Really really advanced technology.

Aww, Lyra. :( Ok, yeah. It's just technology. :P

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Totally Nyx said:

Driverless wagon? What's that? I've seen cars, they're like wagons but the human rides in it instead of pulling it. Wouldn't a driverless one roll out of control until it hit something? :wacko:

I'm confused. How could this "car" thing go if nopony's pulling it? :o

It's something we like to call "human magic". We make it move with sheer force of will. :love:

No they don't. It's just technology. Really really advanced technology.

Aww, Lyra. :( Ok, yeah. It's just technology. :P

Ms. Heartstrings has never been a fan of "playing along", has she? :mlp_maud:

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Ms. Heartstrings has never been a fan of "playing along", has she? :mlp_maud:

I play along with a lot of things Totally says, but this one was a bit too ridiculous. "Human magic"? Isn't that a bit overboard? They don't need magic or flight, they have hands and inventions galore! Their world is beautiful the way it is. :love:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, DivineCheer1000 said:

Hey Lyra, how's married life treating you?

Shoot, I thought I stopped all those rumors. I think I'm gonna have to have a talk with that mare... :unamused:

Sorry, ignore my mumbling to myself. :adorkable: To answer your question, I'm not married. Never have been.

10 minutes ago, Totally Nyx said:

Shoot, I thought I stopped all those rumors. I think I'm gonna have to have a talk with that mare... :unamused:

Sorry, ignore my mumbling to myself. :adorkable: To answer your question, I'm not married. Never have been.

But I saw it in the paper!

IMG_1669.PNG

• Brohoof 2

58 minutes ago, DivineCheer1000 said:

But I saw it in the paper!

It was a very elaborate rumor. I found out that apparently she got Discord involved too, so he was able to make it look legitimate enough that ponies believed there actually was a wedding. But rest assured, I'm still single.

10 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I said the same thing! Why're you still lyin', Heartstrings? :nom:

As Lyra said above, the whole thing was a rumor started by bonbon, using Discord's help to make it believable. I have no idea why she would want everyone to believe she's married, but we're about to go visit her and see that this rumor is stopped for good.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Totally Nyx said:

As Lyra said above, the whole thing was a rumor started by bonbon, using Discord's help to make it believable. I have no idea why she would want everyone to believe she's married, but we're about to go visit her and see that this rumor is stopped for good.

You're not gonna hurt her feelings are you, Lyra? :blush:

2 hours ago, Totally Nyx said:

I don't intend to, but she needs to know how mean what she's doing is. :(

"You do know that Bon Bon wasn't the one who put that message in the newspaper, don't you?".

3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"You do know that Bon Bon wasn't the one who put that message in the newspaper, don't you?".

No, Discord was. We caught them working together on this thing.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

What did you do to Discord? I don't think you've ever interacted. 

We actually did once, and I don't think he was quite happy with how that ended. :adorkable: I may have played a small role in him being turned back to stone. Or rather, the Nightbringer did... or Princess Aria did... or.... You know, it's a bit of a long and complicated story. :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Totally Nyx said:

I may have played a small role in him being turned back to stone. Or rather, the Nightbringer did... or Princess Aria did... or.... You know, it's a bit of a long and complicated story. :sealed:

Are you referring to Princess Luna!? :wau:

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Are you referring to Princess Luna!? :wau:

Hmm, I never thought about that, but that might be a fitting title for Princess Luna. :ooh: But in this case no. I'm referring to a magic lyre with the power of creation. Like I said, a bit of a long story. :adorkable:

She told me about this, but I seem to keep forgetting. :orly:

Hush, that's not funny! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

On 12/14/2019 at 7:32 PM, Totally Nyx said:

That took a little longer than expected, but I'm back with a letter with Nyx's reply.

Sounds like she's having a good time. ^_^

I never knew Nyx was so interested in the Phoenix. :o I've had the opportunity to talk about it a few times in history lectures; it's been a very important symbol to many Human cultures. The Vikings saw it as the blessed sign of rebirth and new life.

Whoops! But I'm going into tour guide mode again. :wacko:

What about the rest of you? Do you all have any creatures that you're really fascinated by? Your "spirit animal", perhaps?

You're really lucky to have Dragons on Equestria. I would love to see one in person. :please:

• Brohoof 2

On 12/16/2019 at 9:06 AM, Dark Horse said:

Whoops! But I'm going into tour guide mode again. :wacko:

Aww, I was really interested. :c

Whoops! But I'm going into tour guide mod again. :wacko:

There, fixed it. :P

Ahem, anyway, back on topic. :lie:

I never knew Nyx was so interested in the Phoenix. :o

Nyx seems to find almost everything fascinating at least a little bit, but when there's not enough information about something she stops at nothing to learn more about it. I think she gets that from Twilight. :adorkable:

I wish I was that inquisitive about the world. :ooh:

What about the rest of you? Do you all have any creatures that you're really fascinated by? Your "spirit animal", perhaps?

Do humans count? :pinkie: Other than humans, let's see. I'm quite a fan of cats. A while back I was living on my own for a year or two with a cat as my only friend. I named him Al, after somepony who was a bit of an inspiration to me. He was the cutest little thing! :D

I don't know, I like a lot of animals. It might be easier to name an animal I don't like. Spiders, those things creep me out! Oh, and bunnies. They're cute and all... until they're hungry. :sealed:

Can I say dra-

You're really lucky to have Dragons on Equestria. I would love to see one in person. :please:

Shoot, you beat me to it. ^_^ Dragons are awesome! I also agree with Nyx on this one, phoenixes are really neat. I don't know nearly as much about them as I'd like though. Ooh! I think I'll go find a book on phoenix history or phoenix culture and give it to Nyx for Christmas... then ask if I can read it when she's done. :yay:

Shhh! Don't spoil the surprise for her! ... Or, nevermind. She won't be back to see this until after Hearth's Warming. :o

On 12/17/2019 at 4:02 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Have you ever seen Santa Claus in the human world, Lyra?". :raritysillyhat:

I haven't. I looked when Totally took me on a Christmas tour of his world. It's strange, a lot of people think he's real, but a lot more think he's fake. They say there's no way one human can visit every house in the world on one night, but I don't think they realize just how amazing their world is. They have so much advanced technology, I'm sure there's a way he could do it if he was clever enough. I think he's real!

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Lyra was the one to see him and show (most of) the world they're wrong. :P

• Brohoof 3

42 minutes ago, Totally Lyra said:

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Lyra was the one to see him and show (most of) the world they're wrong. :P

What's that?...Ok, I'll ask her. :confused:

"Do you still have that BIG net human world Pinkie Pie gave you, Lyra?" :pinkiehat:

• Brohoof 1

On 12/18/2019 at 9:29 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

What's that?...Ok, I'll ask her. :confused:

"Do you still have that BIG net human world Pinkie Pie gave you, Lyra?" :pinkiehat:

I, uhh, have a lot of stuff from the humans' world. :lie: I'm sure I have it somewhere, but there'd be a bit of digging around to find it. :P

More than last time you showed me? :o

A little...

20 hours ago, ChB said:

Hi Roseluck!

Where did you get all that glue? :P 

617.gif&key=daa697515eabd8fef75f48015a26

From the bottle of course, those things hold a lot. Oh wait, that's not what you meant is it? I borrowed it from Pinkie. It turns out her very many party supplies she keeps around also include a lot of arts and crafts materials. Though, as you can see... "arts and crafts" doesn't seem to be my thing. :adorkable:

8 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Follow-up: Where is your Uncle Thornbush? :wacko:

My uncle who now? :wau:

• Brohoof 2