Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Massive MLPF Smile Song Collaboration

Jeric

Forum Smile Song Project

When at first you don't succeed try try again. Long ago this was a stretch goal for another MCM, but it was not meant to be. It's time we make this a thing!

Big_Finish_to_song_S2E18.png

What is the MLPF Smile Song Project?

Simply put, we are soliciting your soul voice for inclusion in a Forum rendition of the song. Every member is invited to record as little or as much of the song as they want, and send a copy of them singing to me. When completed I will edit, master, and cut the clips together to form us all singing the song as one community. Whether it is one line, or the whole song ... sing for me. 

Wait, wasn't this done before?

Eyup.  

It is part of the fandom legacy. This is definitely inspired by that project. That said, we are a community of friends and acquaintances, and many of us were not fans of the show when that project was announced and completed. 

I can't sing!

Neither can I

That said don't worry to much about it. If you are interested in volunteering your voice to this fun little community project of ours, but have fears about your own singing, there are options still. The song ends in a crowd chorus. You could easily sing that piece. Also, Pinkie does have some spoken dialog as well. See below. Speaking part is bolded

[Pinkie Pie]
My name is Pinkie Pie (Hello!)
And I am here to say (How ya doin'?)
'm gonna make you smile and I will brighten up your day It doesn't matter now (What's up?)
f you are sad or blue (Howdy!)

[Pinkie Pie]
I like to see you grin (Awesome!)
I love to see you beam (Rock on!)
The corners of your mouth turned up is always Pinkie's dream (Hoof bump!)

[Choir and Pinkie Pie]
Come on every pony smile, smile, smile
Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine
All I really need's a smile, smile, smile
From these happy friends of mine

[Choir]
Come on every pony smile, smile, smile
Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine
All I really need's a smile, smile, smile
From these happy friends of

[Choir and Pinkie Pie] Smile, smile, smile, smile, smile

See, even if you feel that you can't sing there is still room for you. :)

Ok, so how do I get you the sound files?

Simple, you can upload to Soundcloud and PM be the link or you can email me at Jeric@Poniverse.net. Please for the love of automation and my sanity, please please put your profile link in the body of the PM or email and Smile Project in the subject line. 

What format do you need?

While I prefer lossless, I can convert if needed so send me whatever your recording device allows. 

What equipment do I need?

You and all your questions! You don't need a fancy schmany mic or Audio-Technica to do this. If you have a gaming headset, a cell phone, or a mic on your laptop ... it will do ok. 

How long do I have?

I'm closing this on July 1. I'll be cleaning up the audio files as I go. Release of this will be in August. 

So is this going to sound like a mess?

Probably, but remember ... 

naheu.jpg

Will you use everyone you receive?

If you sing a part of the song, absolutely. 

• Brohoof 8

26 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Release of this will be in August. 

I want to capture some video for this project at BronyCon so that is why I want to wait until August. :P

On 4/13/2019 at 10:22 AM, C. Thunder Dash said:

Who's making the instrumental? If no one is, I could handle that and contribute my singing too

I was gonna just use the show BG music, but I would love it if someone could make an instrumental. Makes it more community based. 

• Brohoof 1