Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dynamo Pad

Time flies, that's for sure. :kirin:

I'd like to thank everyone who took part in the Winter Wrap Up event - that was the most special time on the forums for me this year. :izzy-shine:

It's hard to list everyone, but all those ponies who interact with me surely make the time here on the forums so special, and not only those, I always love to see everyone around doing their things, so every single one of you plays the part here too. The more the merrier! :winking-izzy:

Also, I never say "no" to tea with @Astralshy :darling: And I think we all can agree, that the forums without the Brohoofing Rambo, @Tacodidra, certainly wouldn't be the same! :D

Happy birthday MLP Forums! :yay:

• Brohoof 4
  • Party! 1

Happy birthday to this forum!

I really enjoy the atmosphere of this place. It's a stark contrast to the communities that I used to frequent often, thanks for keeping it cheery and friendly everyone! :fluttershy:

Makes me wish I joined earlier, but hey at least I'm here now :P

• Brohoof 4

I'm happy to be here for this :grin:. I have only been here since August, but i have made many new friends thanks to the forums. Thank you everyone for making this place what it is and thank you for showing me enough kindness to allow me to be here. I don't know how I'd be right now without any of you. :squee:

• Brohoof 4

The forums are so old, that they've had time to grow a lengthy beard, but are at the point where they can't remember whether they're full of, or made up of frosting.

image.png.64f0a311e4d88284931845ff35c37edd.png

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :laugh:

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 3
  • Delighted Giggle 1

Wow. Let's see... where do I even begin? I suppose I'll begin back in 2015... when MLP inspired me to construct a business from the ground up. I was completely closeted so I would play songs like these to keep me motivated to keep going. Another song was "Enough chit chat, time is CANDY!" As I kept candies stashed in my file cabinets in the secret secret secret and "highly professional" rooms lol

Spoiler

But this song... it's just too nostalgic for me....

And now I shall dedicate it to you, MLPF -- and the users who make this site the spirit that it has...

THANK YOU. This is going to be a MASS tag if I try to tag you all -- so I'll try to just keep it to a small group of staff members. For the rest of you, you know who you are and that this is just 10% of how wonderful times have been here and all the lovely people that we've met!

From the bottom of my heart. You have no idea how much it has meant to me even just having a simple but pleasant exchange with each and every one of you -- and if you're hiding in the shadows, just lurking, as I once did -- hello there. I hope you feel seen and heard wherever you are.... :coco:

At the risk of my getting too sentimental, I'd like to say a few kind words and keep it short. First of all, I'd like to say that NEVER ever ever in a million years -- did I ever imagine I would find love on this beautiful site. Through someone whom I had only ever seen as a best friend and respected dearly. So, that's the first thing I'd like to say about this beautiful platform. Thank you @Hugs SilkALot for simply existing as you did, in that kind and compassionate way towards all of your friends despite how cold the world can be in response to such things.. plus for being there and tolerating me even at my darkest and when you had every right to leave me for all the wonderful things life has to offer you. :orly:

I have too many words and too many details but I will definitely be here the entire day just typing if I try to tag each and every one of you... 

For now, please allow me to simply tag staff -- who take time out of their day to work hard in ensuring the community is either heard or engaged in some way.

For the MLPF staff who are both hidden and visible <3 

Spoiler

@Kurtiss I know you've been gone for a while and have moved on to other projects - but please don't think we've forgotten you've played an important role of planting the seeds for all of this to happen <3

@Twilight Sparkle  Such a kind and humble soul who ensured we all had a platform to bond and to grow. I've always respected your ability to be fair and your talents that reach far. 

@LadyMercury Thank you so much for simply being you.... You're not only attentive and kind but you're a wonderful and fun person, as well, despite all the craziness of life. @.@ 

@Hugs SilkALot Thanks for contributing to the community even before you became staff. Your efforts, while behind the scenes, are still appreciated. 

@Comp Eh, what the heck, I'll pull you in here, too just to ruffle your hair! Seriously, thank YOU for everything and for simply being the Comp that we know and love!

@AppleDashPoni Thank YOUUUU for just being you -- I hope you bring your butt back over here one day so that I can boop you some more! 

@Dark Horse Thank you for your service to the community in all of the years that you have given here. For being the calm voice of reason. 

@Dynamo Pad Your helping with events has been so wonderful, thank you so so so much....

@Denim&Venöm Thank you for being part of the Events team and engaging users on their birthdays while generally being so kind to everyone!

@Ganondorf8 Thank you so much for your trivia in Events!

@Aticus the Adequate I am SO happy that I've had the pleasure of getting to know you and your shenanigans. You truly live up to your pfp and you're loads of fun! 

@SCS Your stories are so rich and beautiful here in MLPF -- thank you SO much for your efforts in contributions to even the shiest of members who would later help me to also be less shy :coco:

@Mentis Soliloquy@ReverieRiver @Props Valroa@GeneralDirection You've pretty much made RP world what it is today and represent it quite well with your rich storylines and world development. Thank you for being great friends as well as a dedicated team <3 ;~;

@Batbrony get your butt back over here <3 (lol jk I know life gets in the way, please enjoy life -- but still -- thank you, as well for your contributions. Still lots to catch up on when we can!)

@Simon @Cash In @Samurai Oni @Totally Lyra @Nitobit @Sophie H.@Lightwing @Rikifive @Astralshy-- The way you guys run moderation makes me hold great respect for you. Thanks for you contributions and for being so awesome as well as making such a daunting task be so fun and cause me to giggle! There's always some shenanigan or fun while dealing with messy work and you guys have the perfect spirit for it! :coco:

For the rest of you lovelies <3

Whew... there's so much more ... and I've left out a TON of people but I really cannot be here all night. The point is ... thank you SOOO SOO MUCH -- from the bottom of my heart! 

HAPPY MLPF Birthday!!!!!

If I didn't tag you, I'm VERY sorry -- but tagging you would mean I'd not tag someone else since there are too many others whereas staff has a cheat sheet of a far smaller list that I just used >.>;; but you know who you are! BIG BIG BIG HUGS and we look forward to working with this lovely team to make sure that YOU feel safe and comfortable in the community. Even if I'm not able to always be there as a friend, I'd like to ensure you have a comfortable place here to call home. 

Great, I just realised I've left a ton of others staffers off the list, as well D:
I'm going to sleep as I stand defeated! ;~; 
Do not notice - instead -

Have some cake

image.png

• Brohoof 6
  • Hugs 9

3 minutes ago, Silky the little magus said:

Wow. Let's see... where do I even begin? I suppose I'll begin back in 2015... when MLP inspired me to construct a business from the ground up. I was completely closeted so I would play songs like these to keep me motivated to keep going. Another song was "Enough chit chat, time is CANDY!" As I kept candies stashed in my file cabinets in the secret secret secret and "highly professional" rooms lol

Hide contents

But this song... it's just too nostalgic for me....

And now I shall dedicate it to you, MLPF -- and the users who make this site the spirit that it has...

THANK YOU. This is going to be a MASS tag if I try to tag you all -- so I'll try to just keep it to a small group of staff members. For the rest of you, you know who you are and that this is just 10% of how wonderful times have been here and all the lovely people that we've met!

From the bottom of my heart. You have no idea how much it has meant to me even just having a simple but pleasant exchange with each and every one of you -- and if you're hiding in the shadows, just lurking, as I once did -- hello there. I hope you feel seen and heard wherever you are.... :coco:

At the risk of my getting too sentimental, I'd like to say a few kind words and keep it short. First of all, I'd like to say that NEVER ever ever in a million years -- did I ever imagine I would find love on this beautiful site. Through someone whom I had only ever seen as a best friend and respected dearly. So, that's the first thing I'd like to say about this beautiful platform. Thank you @Hugs SilkALot for simply existing as you did, in that kind and compassionate way towards all of your friends despite how cold the world can be in response to such things.. plus for being there and tolerating me even at my darkest and when you had every right to leave me for all the wonderful things life has to offer you. :orly:

I have too many words and too many details but I will definitely be here the entire day just typing if I try to tag each and every one of you... 

For now, please allow me to simply tag staff -- who take time out of their day to work hard in ensuring the community is either heard or engaged in some way.

For the MLPF staff who are both hidden and visible <3 

Hide contents

@Kurtiss I know you've been gone for a while and have moved on to other projects - but please don't think we've forgotten you've played an important role of planting the seeds for all of this to happen <3

@Twilight Sparkle  Such a kind and humble soul who ensured we all had a platform to bond and to grow. I've always respected your ability to be fair and your talents that reach far. 

@LadyMercury Thank you so much for simply being you.... You're not only attentive and kind but you're a wonderful and fun person, as well, despite all the craziness of life. @.@ 

@Hugs SilkALot Thanks for contributing to the community even before you became staff. Your efforts, while behind the scenes, are still appreciated. 

@Comp Eh, what the heck, I'll pull you in here, too just to ruffle your hair! Seriously, thank YOU for everything and for simply being the Comp that we know and love!

@AppleDashPoni Thank YOUUUU for just being you -- I hope you bring your butt back over here one day so that I can boop you some more! 

@Dark Horse Thank you for your service to the community in all of the years that you have given here. For being the calm voice of reason. 

@Dynamo Pad Your helping with events has been so wonderful, thank you so so so much....

@Denim&Venöm Thank you for being part of the Events team and engaging users on their birthdays while generally being so kind to everyone!

@Ganondorf8 Thank you so much for your trivia in Events!

@Aticus the Adequate I am SO happy that I've had the pleasure of getting to know you and your shenanigans. You truly live up to your pfp and you're loads of fun! 

@SCS Your stories are so rich and beautiful here in MLPF -- thank you SO much for your efforts in contributions to even the shiest of members who would later help me to also be less shy :coco:

@Mentis Soliloquy@ReverieRiver @Props Valroa@GeneralDirection You've pretty much made RP world what it is today and represent it quite well with your rich storylines and world development. Thank you for being great friends as well as a dedicated team <3 ;~;

@Batbrony get your butt back over here <3 (lol jk I know life gets in the way, please enjoy life -- but still -- thank you, as well for your contributions. Still lots to catch up on when we can!)

@Simon @Cash In @Samurai Oni @Totally Lyra @Nitobit @Sophie H.@Lightwing @Rikifive @Astralshy-- The way you guys run moderation makes me hold great respect for you. Thanks for you contributions and for being so awesome as well as making such a daunting task be so fun and cause me to giggle! There's always some shenanigan or fun while dealing with messy work and you guys have the perfect spirit for it! :coco:

For the rest of you lovelies <3

Whew... there's so much more ... and I've left out a TON of people but I really cannot be here all night. The point is ... thank you SOOO SOO MUCH -- from the bottom of my heart! 

HAPPY MLPF Birthday!!!!!

If I didn't tag you, I'm VERY sorry -- but tagging you would mean I'd not tag someone else since there are too many others whereas staff has a cheat sheet of a far smaller list that I just used >.>;; but you know who you are! BIG BIG BIG HUGS and we look forward to working with this lovely team to make sure that YOU feel safe and comfortable in the community. Even if I'm not able to always be there as a friend, I'd like to ensure you have a comfortable place here to call home. 

Great, I just realised I've left a ton of others staffers off the list, as well D:
I'm going to sleep as I stand defeated! ;~; 
Do not notice - instead -

Have some cake

image.png

Is that a Sim Gretina song? This day just got even better. Happy birthday, MLPF and @Silky the little magus :pinkie:

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

Happy Birthday, MLP Forums! :mlp_yeehaa:

Party-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic

Wow. So many memories, and so much to be thankful for...
I've talked to others in many discussion topics. I've made art and a few memes. I've been part of roleplays. I sang for Silky's secret chocolate milk fountain party. I've made friends, was inspired to do many things, and ultimately... I found the best fan hangout ever. Believe me, I've been on the internet long enough to see TONS of fan hotspots come ago. This one finally felt like home to me. :coco: It's rare to say you've found a place that feels like a part of your soul, but I cannot deny that I feel that way here.

And now some special people I've met along the way...

The Family: @Dynamo Pad, @Emerald Heart, @Stone Cold Steve Jobs, @ShadOBabe, @TheRockARooster, @Ocean Aura
These are people I've grown so close to, I consider them family, and they treat me like family too. Sometimes I don't know what to do with myself. Imagine me, a boy who grew up an only child, now has friends he considers to be brothers and sisters. What am I suppose to do with myself? ^_^ I don't even know how do a sibling rivalry thing! I threaten people with hugs and compliments! I'd rather make fun of myself than ever make anyone else feel bad for a second. Why are you awesome peeps making this only child gush?!

The Coworkers: @Silky the little magus, @Rikifive, @LadyMercury, @Astralshy, @Cash In, @Props Valroa, @Sophie H.
I am happy to share my duties as a mod and staff member with these fine users. Some have come before me. Others came after. And who knows who might be next~ :devious: But they've all made my job way more rewarding by guiding me, seeing the best in me, and by being a guiding light for those in the same position as me. I've said it before, but I honestly thought the only way I'd ever be staff is when this forum was all but abandoned and I was maybe one of the last users here. :ButtercupLaugh: I'm just glad that there were those who saw my potential and spoke up on my behalf.

The Rangers: @Dark Horse, @EpicEnergy, @Totally Lyra
They know. I have a special bond with these guys, and they know why. Don't even need to explain. Barely even need say why we're all Rangers; though I'm totally the Red one. :griiin: When it isn't time for Power Hour, I know I can always count on these guys to have my back, and I have theirs.

The Soldiers: @Aticus the Adequate, @Hugs SilkALot
The three of us have been in a hug war for as far back as I can remember, and I am here for it 24/7. The trio is perfect. ...But I'm totally winning the hug war, BTW. They really need to catch up. Just don't tell them I said that. B)

The Friends: @Sparklefan1234, @GeneralDirection, @Nsxile, @DivineMist1000, @Treeglow Flicker , @Octavia Heartstrings, @Windy Breeze, @Pastel Heart, @Deae Rising Shine~, @Rising Dusk, @Silly Druid, @Cwanky, @Tacodidra, @North Star, @Dark Qiviut, @Skylight Scintillate
And these are just some awesome friends that I made along the way. Just thought of them right off the top of my head. Probably because I interact with them so frequently. :D

...But HEY! Just because I didn't tag you doesn't mean I'm not thinking of you. If you want, feel free to reply, DM, or pester the heck out of me, and I'll be GLAD to add you to this list of tagged users! :pinkie: The only reason I didn't tag my entire friends list and then some is because I'd be here all night. But if you want a shout-out, just remember...
There's always room for you, if you wanna be my friend! We are, we are on the cruise...~! 🎵

On 2023-10-03 at 11:49 AM, Astralshy said:

I also have so fond memories of all the awesome profile games with @Samurai Oni. Or this wonderful Winter Wrap up game from @Rikifive

I really need to bring those games back, don't I? :laugh:

On 2023-10-03 at 12:12 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

I really don't feel like I deserve to be part of the Sparkle Squad.. :rarity: But thank you for thinking of me just the same, BFFFF!

hugs4you.gif.954d3e25bde59dbf4abc9a25b55645be.gif

On 2023-10-03 at 4:37 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

@Samurai Oni I remember meeting together through a group RP. Interacting together in the RP, while joining in on some profile games was a lot of fun! I also remember the times that we would discuss Tokusatsu and learning that you were also into Kamen Rider. I watched my fair share of Power Rangers back when I was younger, while learning and seeing some moments from different Kamen Riders. It was thanks to you that I was able to expand my horizon and become invested more in the Tokusatsu franchises. You're an amazing friend and someone that I consider to be a big brother/Onii-san. I'm really happy that we met on the Forums and I look forward to spending more time together on the Forums, as well.

One day soon, and I absolutely promise, we'll watch that tokusatsu together. I have so much to show you. B)

kamen-rider-kamen-rider-ichigo.gif

19 hours ago, Silky the little magus said:

Hide contents

Couldn't have done it without you, Silky silk. In fact, I might not even be a mod at all if not for you. :yay: So right back at x1000!

• Brohoof 8
  • Hugs 14

In this uncertain 21st century where forums seem to be a dying breed, it is heartening to see that MLPforums has not only survived, but continued to thrive as a community even beyond Gen 4. It is a privilege and pleasure to be here and interact with everyone, through good times and bad.

Also, Happy Birthday MLPforums! You earned it. :mlp_smug::pinkie:

Edited by Cwanky
  • Brohoof 5

Aw, I am late to the party. Damn you, real life obligations! post-25189-0-92621200-1406310506.png

It truly is wild how old Friendship is Magic and its fandom is. It feels like it was only yesterday I was hearing bronies rave about Twilight's Kingdom, or when those silly Creepypastas and other random fangames permeated YouTube. Or perhaps that was merely my childhood curiosity leading me to unsavory places; it is all water under the bridge, regardless.

I can likely echo a lot of what many folks here say, about being a "closeted" brony for a time. I was hesitant to even admit that I was mildly interested in MLP all those years ago, but it all came to a head right before I joined this forum. Even so, It took me until this year to actually sit down and watch the rest of the show; it really was puzzling how I got so sidetracked here so badly, as to not even watch the series the website is named after. Really, I have had major issues procrastinating My Little Pony things ever since I first witnessed it. It took me ages to just engage with the community at all, and another epoch for me to even watch the show for good measure.

I digress though. I can probably say a million and one things about MLPF as a whole, or mention every soul who has sent ripples throughout even my waking life. I don't believe that is necessary though; the effects MLPF has had on us all is obvious, and if you have already spoken to me a good deal? You know who you are.

Thank you all for the memories! Now let's see how this little haven of ours holds up for Generation 5's run, hm? :pout:

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

Twelve years huh, been that long since this site has existed, and it wasn't long till I joined this site on it's first year of operation. Yes I wanted a forum to discuss the forth generation of this show with people. That happened to be this place. During the first three years, I enjoyed my time bonding, making friends with people, and with a lot of shenanigans along the way. Afterwards, my interest started waning, so did my time visiting the site.

Occasionally I check up on this place once in a while, and I'll just say this:

Happy birthday MLPF, good to see that you're still here, even though I lost my interest on the franchise.

~Flow

"The 820th member to ever sign up for this show."

EDIT:

I remember creating a banner to be featured on this site on it's first anniversary, but another one was used instead of this (Uh...Rainbow wasn't interested at first):

img-822265-1-ygQsf.png

Edited by Flow
  • Brohoof 5

Man, time really, really flies, doesn't it? :D

I've been part of the Forums for the last 11+ years now. When I joined, this place was less than five months old. All this time, and now in MLP's latest generation, it keeps on truckin'. :yay:

Some of the thanks I give for all these years include @Sparklefan1234, @Tacodidra, @Cwanky, @TheAnimationFanatic, @Dynamo Pad, @Silky the little magus, @Patriotic Brony 42, @Ashen Pathfinder, @Troblems, @Hugs SilkALot, @Samurai Oni, @The Recherche, @Shrug, @ZiggWheelsManning, @cuteycindyhoney, @SCS, @Batbrony, @Megas, @Cash In, @DubWolf, @EpicEnergy, @Dark Horse and many, many more.

HAPPY 12TH BIRTHDAY, MLP FORUMS!!

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 14
  • Party! 1
  • Hugs 3

11 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Mothra A friend that I had met from playing the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm series together. It was through meeting on a clan team that we played games together and discussed anime. When I learned that they had liked MLP, we instantly clicked and had so many discussions and reactions. I remember when we watched all of season 4 together and tried to watch each season like a tradition. It was through Mothra that I had learned about MLPF. The day I wanted to check it out was the day that I had first joined the forums all these years ago. With all the random trivia challenges he's tested me on, to talking about MLP, Pokemon and many other topics. I'm truly grateful of the friendship we've had all these years. I also truly wish to thank you for showing me the forums and meeting so many lifelong friends.

(That 3rd "random trivia challenge" is still on it's way so study up) No seriously, thanks bud. I'm not on the forum at all anymore but still have so many memories of this place and the friends I made. It's great to see how many people have been affected by others in a positive way and looks like it still continues to this day and the spirit of the show and it's messages are alive and well in so many. Hope everyone has a great day and enjoys their time on the forum

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

Happy 12th birthday MLPF! Next year you'll be old enough to make an MLPF account! (Didn't I already make this joke?)

It's crazy to think that this place has been around for so long. The fact that it's still going strong after 12 years is a testament to how amazing this community is.

I'm not going to tag anyone, because I've met way too many incredible people over the last 6 years. You're all awesome and I appreciate every single one of you.

That said, I do want to give a special shoutout to everyone in staff. I'm so proud to be apart of such a wonderful team. MLPF would not be the same without any of you.

I also want to give a shout out to everyone who joined me on our crusade in that count thread way back when. I admire your resolve and still do. You know, despite being on opposite teams now. :P

• Brohoof 4
  • Delighted Giggle 1
  • Excited 1

8 years huh, to think I came to just check these forums out.  Lot has happened during that time alone, the forums I joined were quite different from what we have now, so many updates.

These forums have been part of my life for 1/3 of it, so it certainly has done something to me, but unfortunately I can't make a list of anything specific, since I don't know what would be different without it, other than one thing. 

These forums brought back my creativity, which years of school and less than stellar treatment by people around me had killed, and the site was also a big help for my English skills, what school didn't manage in 9 years, this place helped me to do in one. So thanks for that MLPForums, I may not be as active as I used to be, being more a lurker that sometimes rises his head, but I wish long life for this place, because frankly, I have no clue what I'd do without this site. :sealed:

I'd like to say how this site has seen me evolve as a person and so on, but that's not true, I haven't changed a bit :P I'm the same edge-lord who joined 8 years ago, now I'm just bit more sophisticated about it :crackle:And know more stuff :darling:

So thanks for everyone I've interacted with and will interact with, and Happy B-day MLP Forums :balloon:

• Brohoof 4

I may not frequent this site as much as I once did, but I'm pleased to see it still going strong.

Pleasant fetal transmogrification day, MLP Forums; may you shine on for another 12.  }:)

• Brohoof 7
  • Party! 2

Gallus Mlp GIF - Gallus Mlp Dance GIFs

Happy Birthaversary MLPF! It feels like I joined not so long ago, but I've made many great friends here! I am grateful for how the forum embraces friendship is magic and provides so many opportunities to bond with others. 

I'm torn about whether I should create a ping list because I don't want anyone to feel excluded, but I think that some of my friends have impacted me in pretty major ways that deserve mentioning. Please ping me if I missed you; I don't want anyone to feel bad. Here is the list in no particular order.

Edited by Skylight Scintillate
  • Brohoof 3
  • Excited 1
  • Party! 1
  • Hugs 12

14 minutes ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

Gallus Mlp GIF - Gallus Mlp Dance GIFs

Happy Birthaversary MLPF! It feels like I joined not so long ago, but I've made many great friends here! I am grateful for how the forum embraces friendship is magic and provides so many opportunities to bond with others. 

I'm torn about whether I should create a ping list because I don't want anyone to feel excluded, but I think that some of my friends have impacted me in pretty major ways that deserve mentioning. Please ping me if I missed you; I don't want anyone to feel bad. Here is the list in no particular order.

Making a tag list for me was PURE DREAD - because in all the years that I've made lovely bonds I couldn't possibly squish all of the words there !!! And I absolutely WOULD forget some people if I tried to remember on the spot. Makes me sad because I do want people to feel appreciated even if I don't mention them. Hmmm.... maybe I can make an individual archive like Pinkie Pie does and surprise them with it on their birthday or something. :pinkie: YESS!!! I don't want my silly mortal limitations from keeping me showing people how meaningful they've been to my life!

Thanks for the mention, Skylight. You've been such a darling and I am so glad you've made such good/quality friendships here. :coco:

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 2

Happy Birthday MLPF!

back when I left my now defunct UK site, and then trotted round in some dubious racy sites, I wasn't sure I would find an active pony place anymore, and I'm really glad to have found this place in 2021 :) so many friendly ponies here and so much love for the show (and even some of the older gens! :3 ) 

I won't tag all the people on here who are great ponies, but a special shout-out to @Props Valroa who was among the first posters I interacted with, and one of the first people I spoke to on Discord (and is a crazy, vivid sort of pony), as well as @Silky the little magusand @Skylight Scintillate who reached out to me on here when I was low :kindness: and have been amazing ever since

Pony on, forum :pinkie:

• Brohoof 4
  • Hugs 2