Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Massive MLPF Smile Song Collaboration

Jeric

3 hours ago, Jeric said:

I was gonna just use the show BG music, but I would love it if someone could make an instrumental. Makes it more community based. 

It would be WAY better to use custom bg, I shall get started with it right away. I feel if we use the original, we might risk getting smacked with a copyright infraction. 

• Brohoof 1

I have a mic and I'm fairly competent at song writing. If an instrumental is needed, I can make somewhat of a remix of the smile song.

We will see how this goes though.

Nevermind. Guess someone else has gotten to that.

On 4/17/2019 at 10:11 PM, C. Thunder Dash said:

It would be WAY better to use custom bg, I shall get started with it right away. I feel if we use the original, we might risk getting smacked with a copyright infraction. 

Would you mind if you could send that custom bgm my way, I want to see if I can mix/master it to make it suitable for vocals.

23 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

I have a mic and I'm fairly competent at song writing. If an instrumental is needed, I can make somewhat of a remix of the smile song.

We will see how this goes though.

Nevermind. Guess someone else has gotten to that.

Would you mind if you could send that custom bgm my way, I want to see if I can mix/master it to make it suitable for vocals.

Once I get it done yes. I'll mix and master it the best I can and then send it your way for refinements. 

26 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Once I get it done yes. I'll mix and master it the best I can and then send it your way for refinements. 

Sounds great. Thanks for the reply.

On 4/10/2019 at 8:59 PM, Rainbow Dash Swag said:

At all

Nope.  Not letting you off the hook ... there are spoken lines too.

I'm sure you've got the music in you.

Sounds fun to participate at this. :dash:Is there still a change to play along @Jeric?

And which part should I do? I've recorded a couple parts, which I could send to you. And can you autotune it, or need I do some retakes? :derp:

Edited by Hierok
Opera

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:09 PM, Jeric said:

Forum Smile Song Project

When at first you don't succeed try try again. Long ago this was a stretch goal for another MCM, but it was not meant to be. It's time we make this a thing!

Big_Finish_to_song_S2E18.png

What is the MLPF Smile Song Project?

Simply put, we are soliciting your soul voice for inclusion in a Forum rendition of the song. Every member is invited to record as little or as much of the song as they want, and send a copy of them singing to me. When completed I will edit, master, and cut the clips together to form us all singing the song as one community. Whether it is one line, or the whole song ... sing for me. 

Wait, wasn't this done before?

Eyup.  

It is part of the fandom legacy. This is definitely inspired by that project. That said, we are a community of friends and acquaintances, and many of us were not fans of the show when that project was announced and completed. 

I can't sing!

Neither can I

That said don't worry to much about it. If you are interested in volunteering your voice to this fun little community project of ours, but have fears about your own singing, there are options still. The song ends in a crowd chorus. You could easily sing that piece. Also, Pinkie does have some spoken dialog as well. See below. Speaking part is bolded

See, even if you feel that you can't sing there is still room for you. :)

Ok, so how do I get you the sound files?

Simple, you can upload to Soundcloud and PM be the link or you can email me at Jeric@Poniverse.net. Please for the love of automation and my sanity, please please put your profile link in the body of the PM or email and Smile Project in the subject line. 

What format do you need?

While I prefer lossless, I can convert if needed so send me whatever your recording device allows. 

What equipment do I need?

You and all your questions! You don't need a fancy schmany mic or Audio-Technica to do this. If you have a gaming headset, a cell phone, or a mic on your laptop ... it will do ok. 

How long do I have?

I'm closing this on July 1. I'll be cleaning up the audio files as I go. Release of this will be in August. 

So is this going to sound like a mess?

Probably, but remember ... 

naheu.jpg

Will you use everyone you receive?

If you sing a part of the song, absolutely. 

awesome!:pinkie:

On 5/31/2019 at 5:17 PM, FalconBrony said:

Sounds fun and all but... ahem

tries hard to think of excuses

there aren't any, just go for it:muffins:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 6:36 PM, Will Guide said:

I guess we have less than a month (July 1st) to submit our attempts, am I right?

Yep!