Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Of Upgrades and Bugs

Jeric

I believe we've got most of the issues with the upgrades sorted now.

Disregarding the activity logs and post prefixes, are there any other bugs still around?

Clubs is the proper name for the feature we used to create Teams for the World Cup. It will be used with several changes coming up this year. It used to be called Teams

• Brohoof 2

I see this on threads when I'm not logged in. :confused:

guest.thumb.png.2495d56601e293e4ab981fd65738a4fb.png

I don't know what happens if you try to post, but it's not something I've ever seen before the upgrade. It does say it requires approval, but I doubt guest posting is meant to be possible at all... :mlp_wat:

• Brohoof 2

I don't know if this has anything to do with the upgrade, but I suddenly can't seem to edit any of my posts. The prompt to quote is still present, but the edit button has vanished. I'm not sure if anyone else has the same issue.

Spoiler

20190417_104639.thumb.jpg.fbbf562eb7a5dfe5a285ba5faa8bd577.jpg

The button appears on this thread, but not any others for me.

Edited by Cash In

8 hours ago, Cash In said:

I don't know if this has anything to do with the upgrade, but I suddenly can't seem to edit any of my posts. The prompt to quote is still present, but the edit button has vanished. I'm not sure if anyone else has the same issue.

Reveal hidden contents

20190417_104639.thumb.jpg.fbbf562eb7a5dfe5a285ba5faa8bd577.jpg

The button appears on this thread, but not any others for me.

If I had to guess, it probably has to do with weird permissions for different forums. I'll ping @Jeric, so he can add it to his list. :mlp_grin:

3 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

If I had to guess, it probably has to do with weird permissions for different forums. I'll ping @Jeric, so he can add it to his list. :mlp_grin:

Actually this is not an accident. 

The site's search engine will be a lot less useful for a little while (It's limited to just one day's posts in its search results), since the latest update broke how it handles searching the db. We're working on a potential solution, but it's gotta stay like this until we have the solution ready!

In the meantime, you can still search our site using Google/Your Favorite search engine.

• Brohoof 4

4 minutes ago, CHA0SXIII said:

Hey, my stuff is gone again! :love:

Your profile is based on the streams which use search. Search is currently set to only 1 day due to performance issues

Unrelated but important side-effect of the update. 

Also, post count and reputation recalculations will likely occur which will change both numbers (increase post count due and decrease reputation). This is not a bug. We have made some changes to areas that did not previously count toward your posts and they do now. When the site reindexes this changes the value buy counting the old posts that previously did not count. The same happens to reputation as it will delete rep given to anyone who is currently banned. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, albeit highly minor if so, but the Rainbow Dash section in the emoji selector is missing. Also one of the emoticons just shows ':yay:' rather than the actual image.

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was unfeatured