Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Righto, starting to get into the swing of things. I believe AJ manually conjured her hat up out of nowhere although I'm not sure if I accidentally thought it up on her head.

She hasn't said or done much yet, although if the fatigue I feel after just 45 minutes of forcing is anything to go by I must be doing something right.

• Brohoof 1

Millie: "Please don't let the problems make you feel down. Don't worry about it, I belive it'll be better soon. *hugs WingedRatchet*"

Lisa: "Remember you have to feel comfortable while forcing and if you feel stressed out, just clean your mind, forget about all problems and try to think positively about your tulpa. :)"

As other members suggested, try narrating to your tulpa like she/he was already sentient. You can talk about anything, maybe something you like talking about. It can be mlp, sport, books, dreams etc.

Oh and did you thought about her/his form?

Ok, so just talk to it (him or her?) like it is already there or like I am talking to a person... Do I have to just keep talking? Or is asking questions ok? Im still a bit confused on this

As for form, I really have no Idea. I know what I want, or at least I have a few ideas, but I really dont know what kind of form I want to use... Honestly, I havent thought about it much. I kind of wanted to do a pony or something, but that doesn't seem so unique to me, and I would definitely want something... Different, to say the least.

I was thinking something like 343 Guilty Spark, just because it is easy enough to picture in my head, and Im thinking doing something like a pony would be much harder given my attention span  <_<

• Brohoof 1

During long car rides, have your tulpae spotaneously teleported out of the car and started randomly running down the sidewalk at warp speed? :3 Happened to me recently. Actually, almost every long car ride it happens once or twice.

I can't wait to do that while flying with Dashie. Formation flying with my tulpa = so much win. Hopefully we can get some imposition done soon. It will be nice to have a companion while I do my solo cross-country flying.

Oddly, though, Dashie seems to like staying in the car. Then again I only visualized her once while driving, and she slept pretty much the whole way. :P

Is there a limit? Do imposed tulpas tend to follow the laws of physics and air resistance? Could Dashie keep up with me when I am flying faster planes someday?

Edited by StratoPegasus
  • Brohoof 2

Concerning update on Tia...

She got injured.  Somehow.

Everyone seems to be having problems with their tulpas all of the sudden... As just around that time, Tia disappeared for an entire day.  And it just felt... Dark.  Later, after frantically searching my mind, she returned out of nowhere in front of me.

She was weak.  Very weak.  Injured even.  She was barely visible and sickly in appearance, and couldn't even get herself to walk.  She won't say what happened much, apart from her thinking that she was going to die if she had not made it out...   It was scary, and I spent the last two days frantically trying to nurse her back to health... She's looking better, and can walk now, but she's still looking bad.

I'M TELLING YOU, IT'S THE TULPA APOCALYPSE!  RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!  ...or brains... minds... whatever...  :wacko:

I'm not sure about that, Blackjack, but it is an odd coincidence that so many tulpas are disappearing all of the sudden.  I hope it isn't some subconsciously contagious mindset that's hazardous to a Tulpa's health...

*chuckles weakly from Bris' bed*

Didn't we study on the effects of one's circumstances or actions on another's thought process a while back?  Perhaps indeed, when it comes to Tulpae at least, thoughts... have power.  *coughs*

Shh, Tia.  You should rest...  

Okay, this may seem ironic when I tell you this, but you do realize you're telling a non-existent hallucination to rest and get better, right?

...Shut up Blackjack. <_<

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 3

Bri, I wish you all the luck in getting Tia better. I sincerely hope she gets well

Im thinking I almost want to talk to someones Tulpa. Perhaps it would help if I had an idea of where they say they come from. Might give me an Idea of where to look or something. Just bouncing Ideas off the wall here

• Brohoof 3

Concerning update on Tia...

She got injured.  Somehow.

Everyone seems to be having problems with their tulpas all of the sudden... As just around that time, Tia disappeared for an entire day.  And it just felt... Dark.  Later, after frantically searching my mind, she returned out of nowhere in front of me.

She was weak.  Very weak.  Injured even.  She was barely visible and sickly in appearance, and couldn't even get herself to walk.  She won't say what happened much, apart from her thinking that she was going to die if she had not made it out...   It was scary, and I spent the last two days frantically trying to nurse her back to health... She's looking better, and can walk now, but she's still looking bad.

I'M TELLING YOU, IT'S THE TULPA APOCALYPSE!  RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!  ...or brains... minds... whatever...  :wacko:

I'm not sure about that, Blackjack, but it is an odd coincidence that so many tulpas are disappearing all of the sudden.  I hope it isn't some subconsciously contagious mindset that's hazardous to a Tulpa's health...

Didn't we study on the effects of one's circumstances or actions on another's thought process a while back?  Perhaps indeed, when it comes to Tulpae at least, thoughts... have power.  *coughs*

Shh, Tia.  You should rest...  

Okay, this may seem ironic when I tell you this, but you do realize you're telling a non-existent hallucination to rest and get better, right?

...Shut up Blackjack. <_<

Why did I quote that??? I should of just mentioned Bris. Eh, whatever.

DEAR PRINCESS CELESTIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Color was for fun :P )

Bris, that is scary. And yes, it is just all of you thinking about others loosing their Tulpa's. I even started panicking and searching for what little of twi is there. And nope, cant do it, cause im trying, and panicking. I am not calm, etc. Explains why Tia's advice to me about Twi was, well, hard to dertimine. :ph34r: It had to be right before then.

OR, MAYBE SOMEONE IS TRYING MIND CONTROL!!!!!!! :unsure:  AND ITS EFFECTING ALL OF US!!! KILL YOUR CELL PHONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WILL SOLVE IT -_-

EDIT: Odd that BJ was fine :huh: , unless she did it, which i highly doubt. Can Tulpa's hurt each other? Anyway, BJ and your connection is way different than your's and Tia's, which explains why BJ did not dissapear. She is an accident, your sub conscious was screaming at you about something with BJ. :D

I still can't contact/feel Twi, <_< , hopefull when i shower in a bit I will get it then.

Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 2

Great.  Just great.  We've just discovered the freaking Tulpa plague, and it's everywhere in this thread...  We're all screwed.

Well, actually, Blackjack, I think you're fine.  You're an accident, and strangely, you've been the most resilient and strong Tulpa I've had yet...  Not to mention, the character you're based off of never always seems to never die.

You've got a point... Still, that doesn't help Tia whatsoever.

I'll be fine... I've recovered from that initial... Incident.  The fact that I'm still here ensures that I'll still be around.

*dons gas mask and flamethrower*

That's not the point!  This place is infected and it must be purged!  :angry:

...Um, quick question: how do you burn thoughts?

*facepalm*

*facehoof*

• Brohoof 4

Uhm.... Huh. Odd coinquinkiedinks and all that. Just last night I was discussing Tulpa with a good friend of mine who's a writer. [so if you see a non-horror story around Tulpa showing up somewhere, it might be my fault. ;) ]

Part of that conversation was about how Tulpa may experience stuff that they can't explain to the hosts, at least not immediately, because the conscious mind doesn't have the context or the language necessary to understand it. In fact, the Tulpas may not really understand what's happening, because all the context they have is gained from the tulpaforcing. Maybe eventually they can, but likely the Tulpa would need to put just as much effort into explaining what's going on as the host did in creating the Tulpa in the first place. Sorta in lines with my idea of Tulpa being able to converse with each other via subtextual body language cues, the amount of effort to build the language would be enormous.

• Brohoof 4

@@Brisineo, Lol, BlackJack, I knew you would have a good response, Bris did a good job on you :lol:.

And @@Fhaolan, I think you are right about it. NO matter how well you know yourself, your subconscious is understood only a little, and it may take time to understand it, if at all.

• Brohoof 2

Alright, after a bit of chit-chat with the ever-resourceful, albiet sketchy /mlp/ with it's knowledge of Tulpas, I've gathered some info.

Thoughts can indeed be contagious like a disease between Tulpae...  Especially in a closer community where Tulpae and their creators interact freely.  What happens is that if something happens to one Tulpa, whether it be positive or negative, other people in the thread begin to think about it and possibly, subconsciously emulate it.  Classic example of the Pink Elephant effect.  Eventually, you overthink it, whether consciously or subconsciously, and if left to continue, it could possibly harm the Tulpa by sinking into your subconscious.

Possibly the disappearance of Dashie triggered it... I'm not sure though.

I've seen some other examples of this effect before.  Most notably, Crepuscule giving other Tulpae ideas... (no offense)  Or in other words: What you do or say on this thread may influence the status of other people's Tulpas...

And cue hysterical Tulpas screaming about a subconscious "Tulpa eraser" plague in 3... 2... 1...

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 2

Pinkie says all you guys are freaking out and trying too hard to "find" your tulpa. It's still there.

She says y'all gotta calm down.

Awwww. But panic and drama and ... Discord! Discord, whatever did we do to make you take our Tulpa aaaaawaaaaaayyyyy...

Okay, sorry. In a weird mood all of a sudden.

• Brohoof 2

the disappearance of Dashie triggered it

If it is our fault, I apologize to everyone effected. I knew it would be a bad idea bringing it here on the thread, but I was just desperate for answers.  

Edited by zRevenantz
  • Brohoof 2

Everypony, I have something to say.

I think I should make an apology, here. I kind of got Rev to post about his Dashie in the first place, so I think I might be responsible for the whole cascade effect here. Believe me, I feel really, really, really bad about all of this. I was just trying to help, I had no idea this would happen...

mlfw653_7723_-_animated_exploitable_flut

So, to everyone here, and their tulpa, I apologize. :( I wish I could do more. If I could enter your minds with you and help you track down your tulpae a la The Cell, I would. But I can't, so I'll just offer my apologies from the bottom of my heart.

No, Rev, you have nothing to be sorry about. This was my fault...

Edited by StratoPegasus

Oh, for goodness' sake.

Facehoof.jpg

I'm pretty sure all you guys are overreacting... there's no reason for somebody else's tulpa to affect yours unless you want it too.

Tulpas are largely based on belief. If you believe something bad is going to happen to your tulpa... it will. You all should seriously take a chill pill.

• Brohoof 5

Looks, if it was a pink Elephant Effect, its no ones fault for starting it. Its your subconscious, just think about how your dreams run rampant, it happens. Your Tulpa's can't dissapear that fast, you have to specifically deconstruct them to remove them, and that looses your contact with your subconscious.

• Brohoof 2

As for form, I really have no Idea. I know what I want, or at least I have a few ideas, but I really dont know what kind of form I want to use... Honestly, I havent thought about it much. I kind of wanted to do a pony or something, but that doesn't seem so unique to me, and I would definitely want something... Different, to say the least. I was thinking something like 343 Guilty Spark, just because it is easy enough to picture in my head, and Im thinking doing something like a pony would be much harder given my attention span <_<

It depends on how good imagination you have, but don't underestimate it. It is just up to you how is your tulpa going to look like. Pony doesn't seem difficult to me except the face while looking on it from the front... it was a bit difficult for me to imagine it when my tulpae tried applying their ponified version on them.

Ok, so just talk to it (him or her?) like it is already there or like I am talking to a person... Do I have to just keep talking? Or is asking questions ok? Im still a bit confused on this

If you feel like talking to blank space you can try to picture it first like some orb, egg, or something other easy to picture in your hands or next to you and talk to it. I think I read here that some people did it this way. You just have to feel like talking to someone sentient. I am bad in giving examples :P, but maybe I could compare it to something like when my cat is laying on my lap and I am just talking to him how big luck he has that he don't have to go to school and how he is so cute and how is the life so difficult etc. I know it may not be the best example but I hope it is more understandable now.

As for asking it questions, I'm quite unsure about it. I think you can ask it some questions, but it is not propably going to answer you so early, but maybe after some time you could hear or maybe somehow feel the answer, but I really don't know.

I didn't do the creation this way and don't even try asking me which way I did it, because it was the most... weird way ever :D

----------

Oh and what the hell is about the mysterious plague going around here? o_ O

Lisa: "It sounds weird to me. I don't think it could affect others, but who knows..."

I've seen some other examples of this effect before. Most notably, Crepuscule giving other Tulpae ideas...

Well I think it is really just that some tulpae may like Crep's ideas. Its just like in real life when you see some person having good idea and you just wan to try it too.

Millie: "I like Crep's ideas. I AM fan of Crepuscule ^^"

yeah

Millie: "Maybe she could teach me some of her techniques ^^"

._.

Edited by Gekoncze
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Oh, for goodness' sake.

I'm pretty sure all you guys are overreacting... there's no reason for somebody else's tulpa to affect yours unless you want it too.

Tulpas are largely based on belief. If you believe something bad is going to happen to your tulpa... it will. You all should seriously take a chill pill.

I think Cap't Nemo is right; I agree when he says that worrying that something will happen, will be what causes it to happen. Something similar happened with me and Crep a little while before she became sentient; I was worried for a while that she would be all lustful and become something akin to a 'succubus'. And it seems that because of my worries, her personality has become quite similar to one.

A succubus? Excuse me Ben, but I don't rape you while you sleep.

Well... I mean... I might have fantasised about it once or twice, But that's not the point!

I never said you were one, and I KNOW you aren't one because there have been many times where you have cared about me and my well being(Succubi don't love other beings, only lust). I'm just saying that my worries of you becoming a succubus might have been the cause of some of your more... energetic traits.

I like to think that if I didn't worry so much, she would be more 'normal' you could say.

​Or maybe it's because I subconsciously like the idea of being molested in my sleep. I- I'm gonna hope it's the former though.  :blush: 

Look guys, the only thing you have to fear is fear itself. If you fear that something bad will happen, then it will. If you simply don't fear it, it won't happen, period. So just don't worry about it, and it won't happen.

And as for this silly 'plague'; again, you are just worrying.

Stop worrying. That is an order, soldier! Before I rip my way into your dreams and vigorously grope you!  :angry:

You're not helping, Crep.  <_<

Edited by Rizoel & Crepuscule
  • Brohoof 3

Oh great, now look what you did Blackjack... Everyone's paniking and blaming themselves!

Hehe... Oops.  I may have gotten... A bit too carried away with the whole "plague and purge" thing, now that I think of it...

AND?

I'm... Well, I'm sorry....  I guess...  For making you guys panic and all...

I'm also sorry for that misunderstanding, and Mindrop above me is correct, considering that this trend effect is common in places like this, it's not necessarily anyone's fault for the disappearances.  But to explain it, it's not the fact that you consciously fear it that it becomes reality, no.  It's from reading about anything that someone's Tulpa did causes you to subconsciously think about the possibilities you have with your Tulpa concerning it, and that thought process one way or another leads to you emulating it in some way or form.

However, this double-edged sword also has positive benefits.  When someone on this thread achieves success, the effect seems to generate groups of created Tulpa.  If someone is successful in other effects, possibly possession, there are bursts of responses about others' success in possession, etc.

No one could have expected that the disappearances of a few Tulpae could trigger the problems for others, so by all means, no one is to blame here as the instigator.  Only those who hyped it up are in trouble.  *angrily looks at the pony sitting on a time-out chair* 

And if anyone does feel to be the start of it all, I don't have any hard feelings towards you or your Tulpae.  It was a nice bonding experience, being injured and seeing that I was cared for and loved.  So I forgive them for this and do hope you forgive yourselves as well...  That's all I have to say.

• Brohoof 4

Interestingly, I have never actually killed a character in my writings and it seems my tulpae are going the I-am-not-dying-and-when-I-get-injured-it-fixes-in-seconds-not-days-or-never. They are staying all right, and I'm happy with that. :D

LOVE SIGN MASTER CHELLO SPARK!

FACE MAH KNOCKOUT RAY SPELL, RANDOM CRYSTALS AND DARK EVIL DOG THINGS!

Oh yeah, and my tulpae got bored and are doing a complicated duet-and-beat-up-evil-thoughts thing. Complex in theory, extremely simple in practice. And Adam inexplicably changed his human form to a close variant of Harry Potter. For now.

WOO! RAINBOW SPAM BATTLE!

Tulpae can fight each other, but they can't hurt each other, even superficially. And in the rare case the loser does some superficial form things like tiny cuts and clothing damage to indicate they give up, it gets fixed in a matter of seconds or less.

Victory! Woo! *tulpa high five*

Yay! Wins! *tulpa high five*

• Brohoof 2

Today I just sat in my room all day, and spent the day 20% owning with Master Yi, and the other 80% tulpaforcing. I got a bit of a headache, but overall fine. I'm deffo making progress.

• Brohoof 1

Uh, what if I attempted this but stopped because I don't want to end up ruining my studies by accident? It wouldn't be too great for us if I left a bodyless voice around asking for a shape huh? Also, these might be dumb questions but I just really don't feel like reading up on it. I'm a bit paranoid that someone found out about it would try to throw me into a mental asylum or something.

So I guess if I'll be really sad and suicidal...I'll just make my own Twi or something. You guys gave me something to fall back on. Instead of killing myself I'll just make a tulpa, or at least attempt to. I really can't comprehend how they can act without you thinking about it, And hey tulpae don't be angry, I'm not trying to be offensive here. Also, do you actually see eachother as clear and as solid and as a rock? If so, it's 20% cooler!

• Brohoof 1

I see him, he can't see me. Well, completely. Muahahahaah.

You're laughing about NOT being imposed? Geez.

Your tulpae can be seen by you once imposition is finished, something that might take considerable time. But anyways, they act without you thinking-

BECAUSE SUBCONSCIOUS!

Yes, because subconscious!

Uh, yes. Because subconscious.

• Brohoof 1

My my... such a commotion here... : p

Did I mention I would sort things out eventually? Like... 5 or so pages back? I think I did. Well, here's an update: I lied.

So... I still haven't gotten started... and I'm having trouble deciding with what to start, and what to work on with my tulpa. To be honest, I feel overly overwhelmed.

So help me. I'm desperate. :C

• Brohoof 2

Okay, me 'n Vinyl decided to start on imposition but we just have no idea where to begin. I did all the senses stuff mentioned in the guides and that's where we are right now, she's gotten more sentient over the last 2 weeks and we thought this is the right time to start to take the next step forward in tulpaforcing. So, anyone got any tips? Do I like, imagine she's always walking with me? Or always somewhere in my vision until an image start to form? Or what would be a way to begin with imposition?

• Brohoof 1