Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite House/Building

LyraHeartstrings

There are many amazing buildings in Equestria, like the castle in Canterlot and the Weather factory in Cloudsdale.

What's your favourite house or building in Equestria? Is it Twilight's Library or Sugarcube corner?

Also, discuss the design of the buildings, and how amazing they all are!!! Posted Image

I've never thought about this but I agree with Cloudsdale. Also, the castle is pretty neat. I wonder if they actually designed it where it could be modeled accurately in 3D and have rooms in it.

I really like some of the misc. houses in Ponyville. I love how they all resemble a barn or a stable. I also really like the jokeshop, and how they modled it after a jester hat!

All of the buildings in cloudsdale look amazing with their greek-like stature and beautiful rainbow streams everywhere. It is probably the most stunning place in Equestria.

I also really like Twi's library, just because everypony know what the inside looks like! It's just cool that they actually put the effort into making a realistic building that doesn't change for the sake of an episode!

My favourite is Twilight's library. Why? Because it's a library. I need no other reason. Okay, it's pretty cool that it's a tree, too, but getting to live in your own library is what makes this the coolest building in Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

My favourite is Twilight's library. Why? Because it's a library. I need no other reason. Okay, it's pretty cool that it's a tree, too, but getting to live in your own library is what makes this the coolest building in Equestria.

I couldn't agree more. Twilight's home is one, a library, and two a tree. What's not to love? Plus that it has like 3 stories and it just looks cool. It is the perfect home for her.

The only problem with that treehouse is that i simply can't understand how twilights door operates.

From the outside of the library it appears as a two-section door with upper and lowers halves that open separately.

while the inside view often switches from being a normal door with a handle, to a two part door, to a one part door with no handle.

Confuses the heck outa me. :blink:

• Brohoof 1

I want to see Canterlot - we haven't really seen much of it at all. It's the capital city and home of the rulers of the land, plus it's a whole city on the side of a mountain! I'm thinking there's probably some stunning architechture there because of it being the capital and home of the royal family.

I wish I lived on the side of a mountain...

I want to see Canterlot - we haven't really seen much of it at all. It's the capital city and home of the rulers of the land, plus it's a whole city on the side of a mountain! I'm thinking there's probably some stunning architechture there because of it being the capital and home of the royal family.

Well, I rather liked what little we saw of Twilight's library in Canterlot. It was more impressive than the Ponyville library.

Well, I rather liked what little we saw of Twilight's library in Canterlot. It was more impressive than the Ponyville library.

Now that I think back to episode 1, Twilight's home in Canterlot was pretty sweet. She had that huge library with tons of books and that huge hourglass thing. Would definitely like to see more things Twilight!

I just love the whole setup of Canterlot, cities built into the sides of mountains are the sorts of things I used to dream up as a kid (heck, I still do). I especially love Canterlot after finding out that it was inspired by Gondor from the Lord of the Rings.

post-160-0-97188100-1317804264_thumb.png

Now that I think back to episode 1, Twilight's home in Canterlot was pretty sweet. She had that huge library with tons of books and that huge hourglass thing. Would definitely like to see more things Twilight!

AN HOURGLASS?? HAS DISCORD INVADED ZELDA AS WELL??

Twilights tower from the first episode. I love the clean look of it and the strange architecture. The numerous balconies and really high ceilings make it feel so grand. I also find it funny how she was literally living in an ivory tower, this show has great puns.

• Brohoof 2

I especially like the apartments and skyscrapers in manehatten. Although they are really only seen from far away, they are pretty deatiled, (well, more that any other background like that that I'vve ever seen) and really bring a grand city feel.